Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Electrical Madness

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical Madness

I have a 03 evo with HKS turbo timer, AVIC N1 single din head unit, and the stock alarm, recently the turbo timer has not been working (I understand if the ebrake is not on then it doesnt work), and when I drive down the road all of a sudden my radio will completely crap out and stop working, then 1 or 2 min go bye and it turns back on, when this happens the car will not lock or unlock anymore and the turbo timer stops working, however when I restart the car it all works, I dont think its a overheating, because why would that bring down the power locks, and finally recently everything stoped working the radio, power locks, and the turbo timer is lit up but does not work, I really think this is that damn turbo timer messing with the whole electrical system.

Any help would be appreated, I was thinking I could search for unprotected wires, but wouldnt the fuse just have blown, after the first time the radio, locks and turbo timer craped out then the fuse would have bad and it would have never came back on, but it did. I was just pointing my finger at that damned turbo timer because it controls the startup and shutdown of the car along with other things.

Last edited by krypt952; Sep 2, 2009 at 03:11 AM.