Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AMS F1-I Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS F1-I Intake Manifold

Hey guys,

I'm willing to improve my intake I saw this one : http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/A...-Manifold.html

according to AMS I'll get 70 whp which is impressive.

I have a few questions before I order:
1. Do I really need the additional Boomba throttle body they offer: http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/b...ttle-body.html or can I stay with the stock one?
2. Can you recommend on a better throttle or better in means of value per money because AMS are very expensive but known for their good quality products.

Thanks for your help.

I'm running around 550WHP Evo 8
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just got one of these. Finished the install tonight.

I am running a ported stock throttle body on mine. Of course it would be ideal to run the bommbo or 5.0 throttle body, but yes, you can run a stock throttle body and still net results.

Let me tell you, this thing was a ***** to install!! Getting the manifold on is one thing, but then running your throttle cable and all you wiring etc, was such a pita I was ready to remove the damn thing and sell it.

After about 4hrs and two cut and bleeding arms, I finally got everything installed, but I am worried about the o2 sensor harness. Its gonna be very tight on the harness. Ill see once I get the valve cover back on and complete.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wonder how the install compares to a Magnus V5?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Both installs look like a *****!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:13 AM

Thanks for the help guys,

tsidrift1, I heard and read that the Boomba throttle is a waste of money its better to stay OEM or port the OEM as you did, It's not that I dont have the 400$ but I dont think its that necessary - what do you think?

I feel like I'm on a cross road with whats next, from talking to people about the AMS manifold looks like it's a good value per money - they claim around 70WHP for 1k$ is good.
So my question is if this should be my next step or maybe there is a better improvement for this step.
most of the things I did are mentioned in my signature.
I thought about exhaust manifold before the intake?
I would really like to hear your opinions and help me decide what to do next.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Boomba TB and its great! It drives like stock.

If you want to talk to someone about cutting the manifold I know Scott AKA badev0 did it to his.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by tsidrift1
Let me tell you, this thing was a ***** to install!! Getting the manifold on is one thing, but then running your throttle cable and all you wiring etc, was such a pita I was ready to remove the damn thing and sell it.

After about 4hrs and two cut and bleeding arms, I finally got everything installed, but I am worried about the o2 sensor harness. Its gonna be very tight on the harness. Ill see once I get the valve cover back on and complete.
Install is easy if you do it right.

You are supposed to install the throttle cable and your vacuum lines before bolting it to the head. Makes the job very easy and under 20 minutes to install once your old one is off lol. I just set it on my valve cover (covered with a towel) and added my accessories then bolted it on.

Last edited by badev0; Feb 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bruzewski
I have the Boomba TB and its great! It drives like stock.

If you want to talk to someone about cutting the manifold I know Scott AKA badev0 did it to his.
Yeah, I purchased this manifold last year. AMS told me they were NO LONGER SELLING or plan on restocking the intake manifolds with stock flanges. Looks to be true since you can only select 5.0 flange. I purchased the boomba flanged one since I had no choice and welded on my own stock flange. I run the Full blown 70mm TB.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There are folks that do make a stock flange adapter to the 5.0 flange that is on the ams mani
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by antilag_200
There are folks that do make a stock flange adapter to the 5.0 flange that is on the ams mani
You should post it up for others to see I did not see any last year, only the other way around.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
easy, breezy, beautiful cover girl
+

Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:16 PM

70whp yes with supporting mods ofcourse lol and I have a magnus v5 with boomba and love them both a good friend of mine picked up the ams f1 also so we shall see what it makes with his boomba tb also....
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by badev0
Yeah, I purchased this manifold last year. AMS told me they were NO LONGER SELLING or plan on restocking the intake manifolds with stock flanges. Looks to be true since you can only select 5.0 flange. I purchased the boomba flanged one since I had no choice and welded on my own stock flange. I run the Full blown 70mm TB.
Right before I bought mine(used), I had called ams about the stock throttle body availability. They have more in stock now. They said those are a greater seller than the 5.0 throttle body ones and they put in the order for more. They became restocked on the 18th with the stock tb ones.

Thanks for the tips on install lol. I was cussing and screaming a storm in the garage haha Any pointers on the harness? I got it yesterday, but i had to stretch the damn thing so much, im nervous a wire might come out of a plug at some point lol. Espeically when it comes to my o2 sensro wire, its very tight without the valve cover, im afraid I wont be able to connect it once the cover goes on lol.

Last edited by tsidrift1; Feb 25, 2013 at 01:31 PM.