Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Post your Synapse DV config and results

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:03 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by fugiwara
but according to hks website, for the mivec engine only 272 intake is avail, 274 intake cam is only for evo8. I have the 274/278 for evo 8.

http://hksusa.com/products/?id=656
Could swear that the box said 274/278 on the cams that came with my 7460R turbo kit, but I guess they are actually 272/278.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
Could swear that the box said 274/278 on the cams that came with my 7460R turbo kit, but I guess they are actually 272/278.
I think the IX intake cam was already more aggressive than evo 8 intake cam, and 272 mivec cam was quite new not to mention the 4g63 mivec was only in production for not very long, therefore there is no need for the step 2 mivec intake cam.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

So far the setting I like the best is push, port B, No preload.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:46 PM

Soa few weird questions.I get to about 10psi then it seems to choke out then all of the sudden if shoots up to 15psi or so. It seems to bounce around alot. I did some WOT pulls before when I was at 30psi but had a serious leak. Im shooting for close to 32psi. Does any know how many turns for the spring to be set? Im set up in push mode with B line only.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Frasch
Soa few weird questions.I get to about 10psi then it seems to choke out then all of the sudden if shoots up to 15psi or so. It seems to bounce around alot. I did some WOT pulls before when I was at 30psi but had a serious leak. Im shooting for close to 32psi. Does any know how many turns for the spring to be set? Im set up in push mode with B line only.
try 3 turns first, the spring came with dv is pretty stiff already
Old Jul 5, 2011, 06:53 AM

Went with 3 turns, but now when Iam around 50-60mph and step on it. I get some fluttering. Too stiff then??
Old Jul 5, 2011, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

If you are "fluttering" when aggressively applying throttle, it is probably not the diverter valve at all. That is probably turbo surge you are getting. You need to be at a higher RPM when putting a big load on the engine like that.

Good luck!
Old Jul 5, 2011, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Frasch
Went with 3 turns, but now when Iam around 50-60mph and step on it. I get some fluttering. Too stiff then??
if you are cruising, and in high gear, you'll get fluttering, this dv is like this. try with no preload you might get the same thing.

Yes you need to down shift and then accelerate.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by blknblubkrdude
If you are "fluttering" when aggressively applying throttle, it is probably not the diverter valve at all. That is probably turbo surge you are getting. You need to be at a higher RPM when putting a big load on the engine like that.

Good luck!
Good to know!

Originally Posted by fugiwara
if you are cruising, and in high gear, you'll get fluttering, this dv is like this. try with no preload you might get the same thing.

Yes you need to down shift and then accelerate.
I will try that next time, thanks for the info!!
Old Jul 7, 2011, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
im gonna to be ording this DV some time today but not sure which dealer to go through. the guys at ETS will sell it for 175 shipped so im assuming it doesnt come with the EVO kit like it does through no limit. does it matter? do i need the evo kit? and im gonna try it on pull mode B only and see how that works but regardless i have a tune on the 14th at AMS where they will be installing a Grimspeed BC so im sure if there are any problems they will be able to correct it then. once the tune is over with ill post how its set up and working.

i guess im just concernd with the what the hoses connect to....will i be fine without getting the EVO kit?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by The_X_Effect
im gonna to be ording this DV some time today but not sure which dealer to go through. the guys at ETS will sell it for 175 shipped so im assuming it doesnt come with the EVO kit like it does through no limit. does it matter? do i need the evo kit? and im gonna try it on pull mode B only and see how that works but regardless i have a tune on the 14th at AMS where they will be installing a Grimspeed BC so im sure if there are any problems they will be able to correct it then. once the tune is over with ill post how its set up and working.

i guess im just concernd with the what the hoses connect to....will i be fine without getting the EVO kit?
$175 would be a steal fo a deal but it sounds like something is missing there. Depending on what UICP and intake you have you will probably need the Evo kit. You need to make sure they give you the right adapters for whatever your set up is.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ian0611
$175 would be a steal fo a deal but it sounds like something is missing there. Depending on what UICP and intake you have you will probably need the Evo kit. You need to make sure they give you the right adapters for whatever your set up is.
Just bought one for 260 with the evo kit....its overnighted for free too so should be here tom. i have the ETS intake.

My only other question or should i say confusion after reading this thread is how the hoses will connect in pull/push mode....by that i dont mean the hoses from ports a and b i mean the hoses that come from the intake and licp....can someone draw me a picture lol (im just confused) but seriously if u could post a diagram showing which hoses goes to what opening on the DV that would be AWESOME....thanks in advance!!!!
Old Jul 7, 2011, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Just bought one for 260 with the evo kit....its overnighted for free too so should be here tom. i have the ETS intake.

My only other question or should i say confusion after reading this thread is how the hoses will connect in pull/push mode....by that i dont mean the hoses from ports a and b i mean the hoses that come from the intake and licp....can someone draw me a picture lol (im just confused) but seriously if u could post a diagram showing which hoses goes to what opening on the DV that would be AWESOME....thanks in advance!!!!
It hooks up the same way that your stock DV hooks up. The only thing that might change is whether you run it in push or pull mode. Push mode is basically like a stock DV, where the piston is horizontal and pushes against the air on the UICP and the ports are in a horizontal position pointing towards the radiator. Pull mode is when the piston and ports are in a vertical position and the piston side is connected to the hose going to the intake. Either direction could work for your set-up. It's kind of a trial and error thing.

Hopefully that makes sense and doesn't make you even more confused

Last edited by Ian0611; Jul 7, 2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ian0611
It hooks up the same way that your stock DV hooks up. The only thing that might change is whether you run it in push or pull mode. Push mode is basically like a stock DV, where the piston is horizontal and pushes against the air on the UICP and the ports are in a horizontal position pointing towards the radiator. Pull mode is when the piston and ports are in a vertical position and the piston side is connected to the hose going to the intake. Either direction could work for your set-up. It's kind of a trial and error thing.

Hopefully that makes sense and doesn't make you even more confused
I have an X so wouldnt it be the intake and the LICP? and push mode is what the stock bov comes set at right.....thanks for your help sir appreciate it!!!!
Old Jul 8, 2011, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

I have an X so wouldnt it be the intake and the LICP? and push mode is what the stock bov comes set at right.....thanks for your help sir appreciate it!!!!
Sorry didn't realize you had a X. I'm not totally sure on those but my guess would be that the stock BOV does run in push mode since that's how it runs on the VIII and IX. Like I said, it's pretty much a trial and error thing, you just have to try it in push and pull mode and see what works best for your setup, but I think most people are running in push mode.

Quick Reply: Post your Synapse DV config and results