Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Post your Synapse DV config and results

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2011, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The_X_Effect
I have an X so wouldnt it be the intake and the LICP? and push mode is what the stock bov comes set at right.....thanks for your help sir appreciate it!!!!
Yes the stock DV is a push style. It is alleviating the pressure from the LICP.

I have installed this on my almost stock X and I love it. As far as settings, this is my review of the settings. I chose Pull mode B port only because it matched my driving style the most. And installation takes all of 3 minutes to complete (after you've assembled the damn thing )
Old Jul 9, 2011, 01:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Naco
Yes the stock DV is a push style. It is alleviating the pressure from the LICP.

I have installed this on my almost stock X and I love it. As far as settings, this is my review of the settings. I chose Pull mode B port only because it matched my driving style the most. And installation takes all of 3 minutes to complete (after you've assembled the damn thing )
Awesome thanks for ur help!!! im sure i will end up having mine in pull b port only cause it seems like the setting everyone is getting the best results w/. and to do that the valve end will be attached to the intake hose correct...? wow ive never been so excited for something to come in the mail....this is really building up the hype!!!!!!
Old Jul 10, 2011, 02:38 PM

Yes. The typical valve bottom (where it seats against the "bottom") will be installed into the intake pipe. The typical outlet flange will be position on the pressurized hose coming up to the DV. This will be pull mode
Old Jul 11, 2011, 02:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Naco
Yes. The typical valve bottom (where it seats against the "bottom") will be installed into the intake pipe. The typical outlet flange will be position on the pressurized hose coming up to the DV. This will be pull mode
Thanks again for ur help should have this thing either today and tom. and will be installing it with my intercooler kit from ETS!!! ill keep u posted on my results
Old Jul 11, 2011, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Hope this helps...just installed this past weekend on an evo 9. Installed in push mode and only using port b and port a open to vent. Drives great, holds boost like a champ! Only flutters slightly 5th gear low rpm, but that was me trying to make it flutter.

It is inline with the same source that my HKS EBC is using and no issues what so ever. I know Synapse states that the DV should have it's own source, but I tried it first to see what would happen. No problems here. Great piece and easy to install.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:31 AM

Although it may be working fine now, I'd still find it an independent source. The reason for them saying not to is because of how fast the valve reacts. When the EBC starts controlling boost, the positive line pressure actually starts to fluctuate around and causes changes in valve position. Especially in push mode because it's the manifolds pressure (and a small amount of spring pressure) that is actually keeping the valve closed. If the positive line pressure fluctuates lower then actual charge pipe pressure, the valve will open and cause stuttering.

It will be less noticeable in pull mode because the charge pipe pressure is actually what closes on the valve.

I'll be getting a Mil Spec test spring soon to test how that changes the valves characteristics with various installed positions and loads to see how a softer spring performs.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Just put on the flanges (could have made that easier!!) and will be intalling it tom. 2 questions tho

1.) what fittingsdid u find to work the best....the 90 degree bend or just the straight tip

2.) for my boost gauge what line should i T into. I no not to go to the intake manifold and i figured that the fpr would be my next spot, but my buddy was told by AMS that you shouldnt T there.....does that sound right if so, why??? What line have you all used?
Old Jul 13, 2011, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Well just installed it along with a full ETS intercooler kit and running the DV in pull mode with port B only...so far no problems didnt really drive around to much but it sounds good and doesnt seem to leak...I just did some 1st through 3rd gear pulls and it felt amazing and it sounds alot better then the stocker. I have a tune tomorrow at AMS so that will be the true test. Will keep u posted on what goes on with the tune.

Thanks again for everyones help!!!

BTW used the tip fittings just seems like the better fitting imo.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have done only some initial testing in Pull B port only and it seems rock solid also HAVE NOT touched the preload like Synapse says left it the way it was shipped previously with my crushed IX bov had my mbc set to 25-26 after installing DV its now 29-30 definitely not leaking anymore!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PlanoEvo
Have done only some initial testing in Pull B port only and it seems rock solid also HAVE NOT touched the preload like Synapse says left it the way it was shipped previously with my crushed IX bov had my mbc set to 25-26 after installing DV its now 29-30 definitely not leaking anymore!

Yup definatly worth every penny!!! I love the way this thing sounds too. More or less just the same sound of the stocker just 4x louder. and pull mode with b port only seems to work for 8,9. and 10's.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by The_X_Effect
Yup definatly worth every penny!!! I love the way this thing sounds too. More or less just the same sound of the stocker just 4x louder. and pull mode with b port only seems to work for 8,9. and 10's.
Thats because it recirc all the air versus stock not doing it all...
Old Jul 29, 2011, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe it was already posted somewhere in the last 250 posts, but how much are these DV's going for now? I think it's dumb that you have to register on the Synapse website so you can see the price.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Chris and no limit motors has a thread for them. Send him a PM and he can hook you up with a good price. I think they generally sell for $240-260 with the Evo kit.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...iart-2-0t.html
Old Aug 1, 2011, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

Flutter Solution

I have tried all configurations and not one alleviates the valve flutter because the spring the Synapse supplies has too much pre load. What I did was take all the allen bolts out and measure the distance the spring is compressed when the valve is pressed together vs just resting on the spring. I then took and educated guess on where to cut the spring just so the enough to keep the spring in compression when i put the valve back together. So i cut the spring and put it back together...work MUCH better. BTW im running with A+B now.

I also heard Synapse is working on a new spring solution? Do we have an ETA on this?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ian0611
Chris and no limit motors has a thread for them. Send him a PM and he can hook you up with a good price. I think they generally sell for $240-260 with the Evo kit.

Cool, thanks Ian.

Quick Reply: Post your Synapse DV config and results