Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Post your Synapse DV config and results

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyinmonkey101
I have tried all configurations and not one alleviates the valve flutter because the spring the Synapse supplies has too much pre load. What I did was take all the allen bolts out and measure the distance the spring is compressed when the valve is pressed together vs just resting on the spring. I then took and educated guess on where to cut the spring just so the enough to keep the spring in compression when i put the valve back together. So i cut the spring and put it back together...work MUCH better. BTW im running with A+B now.

I also heard Synapse is working on a new spring solution? Do we have an ETA on this?
I was also thinking about doing this. Thanks. I've adjusted the tension all the way out and I still have to change my driving style. I hope that spring comes out soon.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 08:05 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My setup is still working great for me...pull mode, running port B only with port A VTA...
Old Aug 1, 2011, 08:10 AM

Wish I could post up my results here, but my package was missing parts. Still waiting to hear back from synapse, but apparently not too uncommon. At least two other locals had the same problem.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
My setup is still working great for me...pull mode, running port B only with port A VTA...
Running mine the same way. It works perfectly and i only get the smallest amount of flutter in 5th gear at low rpms. It is much better then how it flutterd when i had the stocker.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 304MR
I was also thinking about doing this. Thanks. I've adjusted the tension all the way out and I still have to change my driving style. I hope that spring comes out soon.
Imstill running it this way and its still working great.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:03 AM

Need some help guys. I'm getting conflicting information. Some people are saying that the instructions on the synapse website are backwards and other are saying its correct..I am looking for some clarification or a second set of eyes. Can someone tell me what port and mode I am using? Just looking for a second set of eyes. I think I am in pull mode B..Thanks in Advance

Old Aug 7, 2011, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Debug
Need some help guys. I'm getting conflicting information. Some people are saying that the instructions on the synapse website are backwards and other are saying its correct..I am looking for some clarification or a second set of eyes. Can someone tell me what port and mode I am using? Just looking for a second set of eyes. I think I am in pull mode B..Thanks in Advance

Not sure if thats pull or push but ik that ur vaccum line is hooked up to port B while port A is VTA (vent to atmosphere)

I own a X so hopefully someone with an 8 or 9 can help u more...........Im gonna take a guess and say its in pull mode (thats what it looks like)
Old Aug 7, 2011, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine in pull mode B is working perfectly in 1-4 but 5 gear letting off between 10-20psi I'm getting wicked flutter any ideas. btw 2.3 high compression EF3 turbo
Old Aug 8, 2011, 02:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PlanoEvo
Mine in pull mode B is working perfectly in 1-4 but 5 gear letting off between 10-20psi I'm getting wicked flutter any ideas. btw 2.3 high compression EF3 turbo
I get the tiniest amount of flutter in 5th gear when i slowly let off the gas (stock turbo tho) after being in boost, its not all that bad (much better then when i had the stocker). what i do is just let off the gas completely once i have reached the speed i want to be at and either set cruise control or just give it gas again and maintain w/e speed im at my self.

Not sure why u need to be at 10-20 psi in 5th any way but u might just have to work around the issue for the time being till u find a permanent fix.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by The_X_Effect
I get the tiniest amount of flutter in 5th gear when i slowly let off the gas (stock turbo tho) after being in boost, its not all that bad (much better then when i had the stocker). what i do is just let off the gas completely once i have reached the speed i want to be at and either set cruise control or just give it gas again and maintain w/e speed im at my self.

Not sure why u need to be at 10-20 psi in 5th any way but u might just have to work around the issue for the time being till u find a permanent fix.
Im well above 20psi in 5th gear all the time!
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:24 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Debug

I THINK you have it in pull mode but hooked up to port A. Try flipping that setup around. Use one of the small couplings & attach the BOV directly to the UICP and make sure the word Synapse on the BOV is facing up towards the hood. Then run the ETS recirc pipe into the intake. Also hook your vacuum line up to the other port (port B) as I am pretty positive you have it hooked up to port A currently...

BTW nice cam sensor shield...
Old Aug 9, 2011, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
I THINK you have it in pull mode but hooked up to port A. Try flipping that setup around. Use one of the small couplings & attach the BOV directly to the UICP and make sure the word Synapse on the BOV is facing up towards the hood. Then run the ETS recirc pipe into the intake. Also hook your vacuum line up to the other port (port B) as I am pretty positive you have it hooked up to port A currently...

BTW nice cam sensor shield...
Yes you are right. Its hooked up to A. Should have known that, I guess its been awhile since I looked at mine.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey guys I'm still getting some flutter (usually at or near peak boost) running mine in push mode with port B. Below is a copy of the email I sent to Synapse earlier today. I've tried running the DV with just about every configuration except hooking up A and B and push with port B seems to be working the best, but I'm still getting the flutter as stated above. Just wondering if anyone else might have some thoughts or suggestions.

Hello Chad,

Sorry it's been awhile since I last got back to you on this. I've been working on trying some different things to fix the problem but haven't had much success. I recently did a turbo swap to an Evo 9 turbo and fixed my leaking O2 housing gasket, but after the swap I was still getting the same amount of flutter. I removed the Grimmspeed 3 port a few days ago and put the stock solenoid back in but the fluttering is still there. Then last night I disconnected the boost gauge and the "T" from the line running to the DV but, again, there is no change, the fluttering is still there. One other thing that I noticed on my data logs is that whenever I hear the flutter I also seem get a big drop in AFRs so I'm pretty sure that it's the DV opening and closing and not the wastegate. Let me know if you have any other solutions that I can try. Thanks!

-Ian
Old Aug 18, 2011, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ian0611
Hey guys I'm still getting some flutter (usually at or near peak boost) running mine in push mode with port B. Below is a copy of the email I sent to Synapse earlier today. I've tried running the DV with just about every configuration except hooking up A and B and push with port B seems to be working the best, but I'm still getting the flutter as stated above. Just wondering if anyone else might have some thoughts or suggestions.

Hello Chad,

Sorry it's been awhile since I last got back to you on this. I've been working on trying some different things to fix the problem but haven't had much success. I recently did a turbo swap to an Evo 9 turbo and fixed my leaking O2 housing gasket, but after the swap I was still getting the same amount of flutter. I removed the Grimmspeed 3 port a few days ago and put the stock solenoid back in but the fluttering is still there. Then last night I disconnected the boost gauge and the "T" from the line running to the DV but, again, there is no change, the fluttering is still there. One other thing that I noticed on my data logs is that whenever I hear the flutter I also seem get a big drop in AFRs so I'm pretty sure that it's the DV opening and closing and not the wastegate. Let me know if you have any other solutions that I can try. Thanks!

-Ian

Thats strange! Did you ever mess with adjusting nut on top? My only other guess is that there would be a leak somewhere.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by The_X_Effect
Thats strange! Did you ever mess with adjusting nut on top? My only other guess is that there would be a leak somewhere.
Yeah I've tried as many as three whole turns but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Quick Reply: Post your Synapse DV config and results