Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

mac boost solenoid help!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help please! mac solenoid plumding

hi,

​​​​​​i have a fp black ss with a tial msv 38mm external wastegate when i hooked the turbo to the mac boost solenoid with boost off ( gate pressure) it hit 2.2 bars which mean i did the plumbing wrong 🤦 as stated in the picture. i used port 1 and 2 from the WG combined with a T fitting to the turbo port 3 is vented.

i took the solenoid off and then it dropped to my spring pressure of 14 psi spiking 4 psi

how do i do the plumbing of mac solenoid to the turbo and wastegate.
here is pic attached what i uses and car over boosted.
if anyone has a picture of the plumbing it will be very helpful.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:27 AM

or am i supposed to make a connection of the plumb like this??

Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:23 PM

mac boost solenoid help!!!

hello,
​​​​​​i have a fp black ss with a tial msv 38mm external wastegate set for 14psi springs when i hooked the turbo to the mac boost with boost off ( gate pressure) it hit 2.2 bars which may be coz i did the plumbing wrong 🤦 as stated in the picture. i used port 1 and 2 from the WG combined with a T fitting to the turbo port 3 on the boost solenoid is vented.

i took the solenoid off and then it dropped to my spring pressure of 15 psi spiking 3-4 psi

how do i do the plumbing of mac solenoid to the turbo and tial wastegate.
here is pic attached what i uses and car over boosted.

if anyone has a picture of the plumbing it will be very helpful

Last edited by Evonboost; Jan 13, 2022 at 12:29 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:41 PM

anyone?? please help.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts
What is the number on the MAC valve because they are not all the same. You should be running this one...

MAC Model #35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA
Old Jan 13, 2022, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
i would do like is shows on 2.3

https://www.turbosmart.com/wp-conten...118252676.html

Old Jan 13, 2022, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

i posted a suggestion on the other post you made about the same thing
The following users liked this post:
Evonboost (Jan 13, 2022)
Old Jan 13, 2022, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by hutch959
i see so no vent on too atmosphere then, mine a tial and this shows a turbosmart wg but i dont think that makes a difference , that being said did u try pic 2.1? as pic 2.3 says "For obtaining maximum boost pressure on your turbo system"

Last edited by Evonboost; Jan 13, 2022 at 08:10 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by 240Z TwinTurbo
What is the number on the MAC valve because they are not all the same. You should be running this one...

MAC Model #35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA
yes indeed this is correct model i have..👍

​​​please suggest how to connect from wg thru solenoid too tubro?? fp ss housing.

Old Jan 14, 2022, 04:07 AM
Evolved Member

2.1 will work too..

2.3 will give your tuner a little better boost control.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by hutch959
2.1 will work too..

2.3 will give your tuner a little better boost control.
okay thanks will report back after testing 2.3
Old Jan 14, 2022, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Run a boost source directly to the bottom port of the wastegate. Run another boost source (or the same boost source) to the side port of the MAC valve labelled #1. Then run a line from the other side port of the MAC valve labelled #2 to the top port of the wastegate. When the MAC valve is not energized you should have continuity between ports #2 & #3. When the MAC valve is energized you should have continuity between ports #1 & #2. This is the same configuration as the picture you provided. What are you using to control the MAC valve?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 09:33 AM

Run a boost source directly to the bottom port of the wastegate. Run another boost source (or the same boost source) to the side port of the MAC valve labelled #1. Then run a line from the other side port of the MAC valve labelled #2 to the top port of the wastegate. When the MAC valve is not energized you should have continuity between ports #2 & #3. When the MAC valve is energized you should have continuity between ports #1 & #2. This is the same configuration as the picture you provided. What are you using to control the MAC valve?

hey thanks for the reply

as I said when i tried using this method you suggested with the mac tunes off from my aem ecu and was testing my car on gate pressure the boost went too 2.3 bars when i have only 1 bar spring in the wastegate... I then disconnected the boost solenoid physically and gave the tubro just gate pressure with the boost solenoid out thw picture my boost was quite what I expected from the springs 1 bar spike to 1.4 bar and stayed there, i check the solenoid just to insure it was working and it was clicking normal.

i also got a suggestion too plumb my fp tubro like in the picture but i havented tested this out yet.

with port 1 going on top of the wastegate nipple, port 2 going into the turbo and port 3 bottom nipple of the wastegate.

​​​​​​what do u think?

Old Jan 14, 2022, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evonboost
hey thanks for the reply

as I said when i tried using this method you suggested with the mac tunes off from my aem ecu and was testing my car on gate pressure the boost went too 2.3 bars when i have only 1 bar spring in the wastegate... I then disconnected the boost solenoid physically and gave the tubro just gate pressure with the boost solenoid out thw picture my boost was quite what I expected from the springs 1 bar spike to 1.4 bar and stayed there, i check the solenoid just to insure it was working and it was clicking normal.

i also got a suggestion too plumb my fp tubro like in the picture but i havented tested this out yet.

with port 1 going on top of the wastegate nipple, port 2 going into the turbo and port 3 bottom nipple of the wastegate.

​​​​​​what do u think?

This should be very easy to track down the issue since you confirmed it boosts properly without the MAC valve, but please proceed as follows. First, confirm that when the MAC valve is not energized you have continuity between ports #2 & #3. Using a nine volt battery you must energize the MAC valve and confirm you have continuity between ports #1 and #2. Once you verify this then you know the MAC valve is not the cause of the problem. Another way to confirm is hook up the MAC valve per the diagram you provided, but unplug the MAC valve so it has no ability to energize. In this configuration and unplugged it will only boost wastegate pressure. Please do these steps and report back.
The following users liked this post:
Evonboost (Jan 14, 2022)
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:08 PM

This should be very easy to track down the issue since you confirmed it boosts properly without the MAC valve, but please proceed as follows. First, confirm that when the MAC valve is not energized you have continuity between ports #2 & #3. Using a nine volt battery you must energize the MAC valve and confirm you have continuity between ports #1 and #2. Once you verify this then you know the MAC valve is not the cause of the problem. Another way to confirm is hook up the MAC valve per the diagram you provided, but unplug the MAC valve so it has no ability to energize. In this configuration and unplugged it will only boost wastegate pressure. Please do these steps and report back.

isn't it the same as not turning on the mac valve from the ecu? i mean it dont get energized if ecu is telling it too not make boost if it makes any sense.​​​​​​

​​​

Quick Reply: mac boost solenoid help!!!