Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My Evo 9 MR Kinugawa 25g install - photos

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
their specs are often wrong.
the specs also say the compressor wheel is 6 blade, when its obviously 5.
so thats why I would like actual measurements.
It is not even a genuine 25G reverse clone. It does have the wrong # of blades so results would be nice to see.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VIIIdriver
I've been running this turbo for the last 4 months,i had a little problem with the wastegate which they fixed right away,i can post my VD sheet if you want,i don't want to just post my own results on your thread without your consent,overall i'm well pleased with the results considering the price i paid.It's a very good option to the other turbos out there,if you tune yourself i can email you my tune so you can have a good starting point tune wise.Good luck
You should start your own thread...get some info out there on this turbo and your set up.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evo unknown
You should start your own thread...get some info out there on this turbo and your set up.
I will my friend,i'm about to finish my build (2.4LR) within the next two weeks,i will get some nice numbers then,but that's why i asked the op for permission before posting i don't wanna impose on anybody i just want to help
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by partsman t
absolutely, we need as much info about these as possible. Post away!

What is your mod list, I might just take you up on that tune.
This was at 29 psi on 93oct.
Mod list at the time: completly stock 2.0 block,HKS 272 cams,Vishnu cam gears,Injen piping kit,ETS 4" fmic,self built cop kit,Prosport gauges,Forge unos mbc,Forge Type RS 50mm blow off,HKS air filter,Walbro 255 in tank,ACT HD clutch with 6 puck sprung hub disc,Swift Spec R springs,O.Z. ultrallegera 18x9,Zeitronix ZT2 WB,Kinugawa 25G,self ported stock exhaust manifold,ARP head studs,Gates racing timing belts,Blox front engine mount,OBX front LSD,Megan O2 housing,Magnaflow 3" tbe,1200 cc PTE injectors,self tuned on SD and Tephra V7.

With a little more time to tune i know i could have gotten it in the 450s,i was able to get this turbo to spool only 350 rpms later than my Evo 9 turbo ,with better cams i know it would be even better,and this thing would be crazy on E85,i didn't have time to do any more testing since my 3 year old Walbro failed on a high boost run and destroyed my engine,now i'm in the middle of building my fully built 2.4 LR,imo this is a great turbo for the money with enough power potential to have some good fun
If you want the tune i can email it to you no problem,i can also adjust it for SD or MAF or different injectors,just let me know.
Attached Thumbnails My Evo 9 MR Kinugawa 25g install - photos-25g-29psi.jpg  

Last edited by VIIIdriver; Feb 29, 2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: more info
Old Mar 2, 2012, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by partsman t
according to Authentic Boosting:

"Wheel Size
Compressor wheel : 60.2 / 78 mm
Turbine Wheel: 54.1 / 61 mm ( 11 blades of TD06SL2R Turbine wheel)"
My measurements:

Compressor wheel: 57.76/78.05mm (measured at very tips of blades which I think dive in slightly on the inducer)
Turbine wheel: 53.60/60.89mm

Please refer back to my picture folder here for photo's of the measurements:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...15120451571953

Compressor is a 5 blade and turbine is an 11 blade.

I would say the posted numbers from authentic boosting would be accurate given my caliper or eyes could be off.

Check this out, billet 6 blade upgrade for the 25g:

http://shopping.kinugawaturbo.com/tu...hks3037-1.aspx

Last edited by partsman t; Mar 2, 2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
you cant measure a 5 blade wheels like that. those two blades are not 180 apart. better to cut thick paper till it just fits in compressor cover. then measure the paper.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
you cant measure a 5 blade wheels like that. those two blades are not 180 apart. better to cut thick paper till it just fits in compressor cover. then measure the paper.
Agreed.

Can we assume the reported measurements are correct then or you gonna make me go cut paper?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 04:09 AM
Evolving Member

Looks like a good turbo for reasonable price. Wonder how many miles it will last. Is it rebuildable?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SlavaGC8
Looks like a good turbo for reasonable price. Wonder how many miles it will last. Is it rebuildable?

It should be,they also sell complete cartridge assemblies and compressor and turbine blades.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

interesting....
Old Mar 8, 2012, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

This is very interesting! I was told they also make an upgrade kit to make you stock IX turbo into a 25G. Trying to get more info for all.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
are you going to run stock oil line or new line at the oil filter?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goad_white03
This is very interesting! I was told they also make an upgrade kit to make you stock IX turbo into a 25G. Trying to get more info for all.

Yes sir they do,but you have to machine the center housing (cartridge) to accept the bigger blade,i did the math and called a few places and the price of the parts and machining came out to close what a brand new 25G goes for and you still keep the factory turbine blade instead of upgrading to the TD06SL2R,and i sold my evo 9 turbo so it was a no brainer for me but is also a good choice

Last edited by VIIIdriver; Mar 8, 2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: more info
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey man just to add some info on here I actually just took on the task of converting my 9 turbo to this 25g in order to fit the compressor wheel you will need to machine the center section as stated its simple lathe work and ran me 70$ at a local shop I think found my turbine was cracked and replaced it w the upgraded td06sl2 as the assembled turbo includes which led me to need to either have my Hotside machined or buy a Hotside to fit this wheel I opted w option two as it was about the same price so this is all great info long story short if you want to retain the stock td05 turbine and upgrade to the 25g wheel it's cost effective if you want the upgraded turbine as well it will run you similar pricing as buying the piece new! No testing has been done on mine yet but it's going on a 2.4 so should be interesting... Also w reference to the oil feed question it has a performance thrust bearing set in w two oiling holes so I opted w the line off oil filter housing w fp filter and restrictor for journal bearing turbos
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stanlsha
Hey man just to add some info on here I actually just took on the task of converting my 9 turbo to this 25g in order to fit the compressor wheel you will need to machine the center section as stated its simple lathe work and ran me 70$ at a local shop I think found my turbine was cracked and replaced it w the upgraded td06sl2 as the assembled turbo includes which led me to need to either have my Hotside machined or buy a Hotside to fit this wheel I opted w option two as it was about the same price so this is all great info long story short if you want to retain the stock td05 turbine and upgrade to the 25g wheel it's cost effective if you want the upgraded turbine as well it will run you similar pricing as buying the piece new! No testing has been done on mine yet but it's going on a 2.4 so should be interesting... Also w reference to the oil feed question it has a performance thrust bearing set in w two oiling holes so I opted w the line off oil filter housing w fp filter and restrictor for journal bearing turbos
Sounds good dude,mine is also going in a 2.4 LR,i think it's gonna be real fun on E85 and the 2.4LR.I'm also buying the 25G billet wheel and 11.5 rear housing,but i won't put them in until i do some baseline runs to see what's the improvement over the stock 25G parts

Quick Reply: My Evo 9 MR Kinugawa 25g install - photos