Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 02:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb OEM bolt, washer and nut for TS rear dog bone mount

Originally Posted by uterus!
For those of you who installed the rear mount I have some questions.

So I'm in the process of installing the torque solutions rear and driver side mounts when I came across a possible problem with the rear mount.
The bolt I removed from the factory rear mount has a must smaller diameter of the torque solutions mount as you can see in the pictures:

The bolt is a 10mm x 1.25 and is 3 11/16" from the shoulder to the tip.

Now before I actually remove the rear mount I had some questions:

Is there another "sleeve" or something similar in the factory mount that will prevent the new mount from bouncing around?

Is it possible the wrong bolt was replaced when my clutch was installed?

Is it possible the wrong insert is placed in the torque solutions mount?

This mount is a bastard to get out so I think I will wait a while and try to get some answers before I go all in after it.

Thanks for any help.
Originally Posted by browningderek
Watch out for the torque solutions rear mount! The bolt holes are wayyy too big for the oem bolt size. The fit is loose and sloppy. I had to machine sleeves for mine to fit snug. More high quality aftermarket Parts..... not!
My answers to questions:

1) Is there another "sleeve" or something similar in the factory mount that will prevent the new mount from bouncing around? No

2) Is it possible the wrong bolt was replaced when my clutch was installed? No, the OEM bolt is MR235604, M10x94, thread 1.25mm, grade 8.

3) Is it possible the wrong insert is placed in the torque solutions mount? No, that is correct bushing sleeve in the TS mount.

Yes, I found the OEM rear dog bone mount bolt to "small" for the new torque solutions (TS) rear dog bone mount bushing sleeve. I also found the OEM bolts that secure the front roll stopper to the front suspension center member to short for the TS front roll stopper. I had the Al rear transmission mount bracket (1092A024) machined to accept a M12 bolt; cost ~$40 @ local machine shop. I bought the following OEM hardware to solve the TS spacing problems:

For rear dog bone mount
1 MS100923 trans mount bolt, M12x95, grade 7
1 MF450156 washer, 12
1 MF434106 nut, flange 12 (don't have to purchase! It is one of the nuts from the transmission stud / OEM mount that you will be removing and replacing w/the TS 10mm driver allen bolts)

For front trans / center member mount
2 MB505065 bolt, flange 10x28 (bolts are used to secure the front TS engine roll stopper to the OEM front suspension center member)
Old Jun 26, 2017, 03:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 226 Likes on 155 Posts
That gap is normal. I've installed all 4 TS mounts. I emailed them with the same concern. They indicated its designed this way to aid in installation and provide wiggle room. The clamping force on the insert to the body mount keeps it from moving. Front and rear mounts are only to stop roll.

Last edited by V.8MR; Jun 26, 2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 03:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 226 Likes on 155 Posts
Found the email

Hello,

I recently purchased TS-EV-1236 from a dealer of yours. This is for my 05 Evolution MR 6 Speed.

I noticed the sleeves on the front and rear bushings have an ID which is much larger than the OEM mount. I did not receive any instructions for installation. I thought they were OEM replacement. Do you know if your pieces call for a larger bolt or any modification of the OEM mount?

Respectfully,

Marc Sainz
Sales@TorqueSolution <sales@torquesolution.com>

6/22/16

to me

The sleeve ID is slightly larger to have a little wiggle room for adjustment, as it gets really tight once all 4 mounts are installed. Once the mount is bolted down there is no issues.

Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by korizmo
it's only bad at idle 800rpms/sitting at a red light, once i start moving its all smooth. As long as have my hand on the steering wheel the rattle stopps, but it goes through my body. I can see my windshield washer arms flexing.

HKS 272s with built motor. I got used to it though and my passengers don't seem to mind. They get a free massage.
Something is wrong if you are idling @800rpms with 272's! 800 is stock idle, maybe even lower?
You should be no lower than 1100rpms
Old Jan 14, 2021, 08:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by WelDun1
Something is wrong if you are idling @800rpms with 272's! 800 is stock idle, maybe even lower?
You should be no lower than 1100rpms

2012 man..