Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My clutch(ACT Xtreme Street disc), short shifter w/extender and blox knob combo.

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SlavaGC8
http://www.twmperformance.com/shifte...ders/index.htm

What's the best quality extender? Don't want to over pay if I don't have to. You get blox knob on eBay?

Btw my exedy stg 2 locked out bad above 7k, adjusted the pedal, tq solution front engine mount and under good bushings and it's fine now.
Yes, I got it from ebay too. Reason was that I was looking for it in BLUE and none of the vendors had them at the time. If I had to do it again I would look at the reputable vendors here first.

As for the extender, right now I have a 3.75 in aluminum and it feels cheap(cost was $15). However, it seems to do the work just fine and it "looks" ok. There are some nice titanium ones, but cost about $35. It's up to you!
Old May 30, 2012, 02:23 PM

What do you mean by lockout?
Like when the trans won't go into gear?
Old May 30, 2012, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by armeddoc
What do you mean by lockout?
Like when the trans won't go into gear?

Yes sir!!
Old Jun 6, 2012, 04:23 PM

Okay. Yeah i had problems with that on my Mirage. But i was running the rpms up too high. I have since changed to an Exedy.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Why would you want to extend your shifter? Isn't the idea to shorten the throw?! I have a Perrin short shifter/AMS delrin knob and love it. IMO extenders are for rat rods only.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SlavaGC8
http://www.twmperformance.com/shifte...ders/index.htm

What's the best quality extender? Don't want to over pay if I don't have to. You get blox knob on eBay?

Btw my exedy stg 2 locked out bad above 7k, adjusted the pedal, tq solution front engine mount and under good bushings and it's fine now.
I got mine from Circuithero.com/products. It cost me 40 bucks. If you want to go with it, u need the type 1
Old Jun 7, 2012, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PatricksEvilEvo
Why would you want to extend your shifter? Isn't the idea to shorten the throw?! I have a Perrin short shifter/AMS delrin knob and love it. IMO extenders are for rat rods only.
You would want to extend your shifter because of leverage. The longer the shifter, the less effort to get it into gear. Second, it would take you less time to get your hand from the shifter to the steering wheel.

Old Jun 7, 2012, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

To each his own. It's one thing if you have a full out racecar with a race trans where it's hard to put into gear but for a dd and a stock transmission your only extending the throw which is what most people don't want.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PatricksEvilEvo
To each his own. It's one thing if you have a full out racecar with a race trans where it's hard to put into gear but for a dd and a stock transmission your only extending the throw which is what most people don't want.
I have a short shifter. If you want more info on the short shifter/extender combo go and do some research. One does not nullify the other like some people think. If you are doing OK with your setup, good for you. I can tell you this, I have tried stock, short shifter and short shifter with extender and to this day the best combo IMO is the one I have... More leverage, doesn't feel sloppy, not longer than stock, easier to get into gear and less stess on the synchros.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just got the Circuit Hero shifter extender in the mail this morning. It's a very solid piece weighing 3oz and adds exactly 3-5/8" to the length.

Will be used with my Fidanza shift knob and short shifter.