Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Experts help please. P0462 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Low Input.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2012, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Experts help please. P0462 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Low Input.

Hey guys I have a couple issues with my car. It's a 2003 Evo with a 2006 MIVEC 4G63, engine wiring harness, and ecu. The rest of the car utilizes the stock 2003 evo harness. The car is also on SD. Reading off my FP gauge, the fuel pressure is roughly 43 at base idle.

• The first one is a P0462 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Low Input . I'm using a sending unit that did not come from my car. I'm wondering if this code comes from the piece that is attached to the float. I'm thinking about trying the float/sensor I have from a broken fuel pickup. The thing that is weird is I only get this error code when running on my E85 tune not my pump tune.
    • Are there any difference or minor differences between the relays in the engine bay or the ones in the fuse box on an IX or VIII (besides the IX having 1 more relay in the engine bay than the VIII)?
    • Same thing here, is there a any difference between fuel pick ups of an IX and a VIII?
  • After I drive the car and it's warmed up my car has poor idle. The idle bounces like I have a vacuum leak and I've gone all over this car and I am very sure I have fixed all vacuum leaks. I've also replaced a faulty IAC. I'm cooling the car down now and I'm going to town one more time with some brake clean.
  • When my car initially starts up it kinda sputters a little. This is only on the initial start up but after that there is no issue. I created a COP setup that fixed a big portion of this issue. If I switch back to my stock coils I still have the problem.

The car runs really well when I'm driving around town other than the **** idle. It's beyond annoying when the engine sounds like it's going to die.

Last edited by Graphic; Aug 9, 2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Bump!

Also I commonly see the P0462 code with the 8 to 9 engine swap.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 08:24 AM

Did you ever get this fixed? What was the outcome?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Krispy1234
Did you ever get this fixed? What was the outcome?
Yes I did.. Because I had a full 9 swap and had an 8 fuel pick up this caused me to have the code. So I was able to snag a fuel pick up off a 9 and swap over the float assembly to the pickup in the tank.

Id also like to mention that fuel float had nothing to do with my idle issues. I've resolved all that other nonsense with proper diagnosis and a good tune. Faulty IAC & bad pump gas tune.