Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

What happens if a Riced Econobox won against any EVO?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2012, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What happens if a Riced Econobox won against any EVO?

I wonder about the next expression, that I just rephrase:

''Doesn't matter if you win by 1inch or by .1 of a sec., ask any racer, any real racer, and he will tell you that WINNING IS WINNING!!!

Do you people will give some respect if a 4G94 won against any EVO or you still don't even care about it???

Please feel free to comment. Thanks.

Last edited by Jos_iQRacingEVO; Sep 1, 2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

Is that english? If you lose to anything you are a loser
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Time to install the ”OH SH8T” button lol
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

if you road race then it probably wont happen to you, but if you race from a roll then its very possible to get beaten by a sleeper **** box. theres a local guy that has a 600whp front wheel drive 96 ford taurus with a rusty roof and original pewter paint. ive seen that guy take down zo6's so if you put enough $$$ into anything it can be fast.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

Question

Originally Posted by dangle
Is that english? If you lose to anything you are a loser
May you explain me why is not English, is the problem with the spelling or what??? But be specific so I can understand, why you people are criticizing every word that I write? Because I see it in English and correctly spelled; rather I think that you are who speaks and writes a bad not formal English. Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

But you lost for dumping serious $$$ into an econobox.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TigOLDBiTTies
if you road race then it probably wont happen to you, but if you race from a roll then its very possible to get beaten by a sleeper **** box. theres a local guy that has a 600whp front wheel drive 96 ford taurus with a rusty roof and original pewter paint. ive seen that guy take down zo6's so if you put enough $$$ into anything it can be fast.
Thanks God, finally another intellectual person here. I completely agree with you. Thanks for you reply.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by cdmassee
But you lost for dumping serious $$$ into an econobox.
Ok, but remember that out there are few people that like challenges; I mean the most powerful 4G94 Lancer OZ I have seen so far is the KAS build 2003 Lancer OZ that dynoed 325whp at 22psi:

So, with my custom turbocharged project with fully forged internals etc... I am planning to make 350whp out of the 4G94, and that's is a big challenge, and that's the way I like it; of course I respect the high performance EVO's with _+500HP out there; but, what is the fun if everyone will have sames EVO's at same powerful levels, with same mods etc.??? After all doing 350 or maybe 400whp on a 4G94 it will be something never seen before, and that's what I love to invest time and money on it.

Note: I will buy a 2012 Evolution X GSR this winter, but that one will be just for factory stock use (for work, and for cruising around with family etc. I will not going to **** a $33,000+ Beautiful Mitsubishi EVO X just for having 500HP out of it, when so many people already have done that...); so I don't really like to start with a 291HP engine in order to then make 500HP removing every stock part out of the engine; rather I think is more passionate to make possible that an engine with only 120HP from factory ended making 400HP wihtout engine swap etc. THAT'S SOMETHING FOR WHAT I WILL SPEND MONEY IN MAJOR CRITICAL MODS WITH A LOT OF LOVE, FOR SURE!!!

Last edited by Jos_iQRacingEVO; Sep 1, 2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

if its fast, cleanly and nicely put together then I like it no matter what it started as. if its a pile of cheap parts with a big body kit and underglow and vinyl all over the place then no, i still dont care about it regardless of how fast it goes
Old Sep 1, 2012, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
I wouldnt use the 4G94, but we have toyed with doing a base lancer for the FWD class in IFO. If you get beat you get beat, its not like its the end of the world. This is the same level as taking the question to LS1tech and asking the turbo LS guys "what happens if my turbo 4 cylinder beats your car?" They add boost and then beat me, I add boost and then beat them, etc.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 10:51 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
This is the same level as taking the question to LS1tech and asking the turbo LS guys "what happens if my turbo 4 cylinder beats your car?" They add boost and then beat me, I add boost and then beat them, etc.
Thing is though the ls motors aren't made for boost ours are. That is not to say it can't be done more like shouldn't be done and even with iron sleeves 90% of those guys do not run them.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Exclamation

I wouldnt use the 4G94, but we have toyed with doing a base lancer for the FWD class in IFO. If you get beat you get beat, its not like its the end of the world. This is the same level as taking the question to LS1tech and asking the turbo LS guys "what happens if my turbo 4 cylinder beats your car?" They add boost and then beat me, I add boost and then beat them, etc.
Originally Posted by cursedsm
Thing is though the ls motors aren't made for boost ours are. That is not to say it can't be done more like shouldn't be done and even with iron sleeves 90% of those guys do not run them.
People, I will be honest, I don't know if is that I am not understanding you, and you don't understand me, or if you are just fooling around etc. but when you said things like:

I wouldnt use the 4G94...

LS motors (4G93) aren't made for boost, ours are... even with iron sleeves 90% of those guys do not run them... etc.

I only can post this videos to you: PLEASE WATCH!!!

???
Old Sep 1, 2012, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Wanna argue about the 4G94? 325whp...cool. 831whp cooler. It can be done but its gonna cost more. The KAS car is close to us but I have never seen it at meets or the track. How long does it last? LS motors can make 800whp on a stock junkyard motor.

I am not saying it cant be done, I am saying there are easier ways to do it.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Jos_iQRacingEVO
of course I respect the high performance EVO's with _+500HP out there; but, what is the fun if everyone will have sames EVO's at same powerful levels, with same mods etc.???
What's the fun? Apparently you've never taken a ride in a modified evo at any power level. The car is simply a blast to drive. No issues with grip at nearly any power level, it will gobble up any road you put it on, straight line or twisty, and stop hard enough to put your face into the windshield. And then beg for more day after day, summer, spring, winter and fall.

A lot of us are in this for the project...it's fun to build something. I can dig doing something that hasn't been done before, its cool to walk the path less traveled. But the end product isn't worth dick if it's gonna get raped by a bolt-on evo in every aspect of driving. Sorry dude. A big part of it is that FWD sucks...plain and simple. Shoot for the moon tho buddy we'll all root for you...but let me tell you, no matter what, no turbo lancer is ever gonna be a real head-turner, so you better hope it can put an evo-sized grin on ur face. Best of luck
Old Sep 1, 2012, 02:01 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Wanna argue about the 4G94? 325whp...cool. 831whp cooler. It can be done but its gonna cost more. The KAS car is close to us but I have never seen it at meets or the track. How long does it last? LS motors can make 800whp on a stock junkyard motor.

I am not saying it cant be done, I am saying there are easier ways to do it.
Not gonna argue there, but the thing is 600 on the ls motors not 800. 9 lbs of boost will get you in the 600s all day long with good tuning. I thought about boosting my ls1 but thing is its the most reliable car I have and with that said why change it .

Quick Reply: What happens if a Riced Econobox won against any EVO?