Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch system HELP!!

Old May 4, 2015, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch system HELP!!

I have exhausted everything but removing the transmission.

HISTORY -
I installed a Comp clutch 2100 last year. So about a month ago my clutch starting have a light metal/metal sound for 1-2 seconds going from a dead stop to 1st gear w/an occasional clutch chatter/shudder. Just thought i didn't rev high enough those times. Then a couple weeks ago I noticed on hills, I would Fully disengage the clutch in 1st but the car would move inches an not fully catch for about 2 seconds, thought this was weird. now a week a go the clutch would slip w/mild gas in lower gears but once it catches again would accelerate good again.

Now yesterday, When i go into 1st gear and give it gas my entire car would shake and i could see into the engine bay w/the hood open massive engine hopping so i would immedietly let off. On hills now in trying to go up at all in 1st slips like crazy. no clutch smell or smoking really. i tried adjusting the peddle and bleeding the system to no avail, it acutally made it worse.

I noticed the slave cylinder rod completely dpressed and the clutch fork resting far towards the direction of the slave cylnder, is this normal? In the picture attached the clutch fork practically against the bell houseing on the "A" side. THe cylnder rod goes back and forth when a buddy pushes in/out the clutch. Clutch gears are easy to go into, no grinding, no leaks, I'm at a loss right now.

Did my clutch fork bend? TOB seperated? any advice would suffice.
I'm about to tear it apart tomorrow moring.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Clutch system HELP!!-slave.jpeg  
Old May 4, 2015, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like you need a new clutch.
Old May 5, 2015, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^ slipping clutch should produce smoke or at least you could smell it,no?
Old May 6, 2015, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by egis
^^^ slipping clutch should produce smoke or at least you could smell it,no?
smoke, not always...however, his words not mine..I would Fully disengage the clutch in 1st but the car would move inches an not fully catch for about 2 seconds, thought this was weird. now a week a go the clutch would slip w/mild gas in lower gears but once it catches again would accelerate good again.

Could be something else causing the issue, but with a clutch not completely engaging, it has to be a mess by now
Old May 7, 2015, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably popped the springs out of your disc. Either way you're going to have to pull the trans out.