Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

replacing ACD pump lines going to rear of the ACD transfer case

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2015, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
replacing ACD pump lines going to rear of the ACD transfer case

hi all,

so it looks like the line going to the transfer case at the back of the engine on my 05 MR is leaking. Tried tightening it but no luck. Just trying to get at the fitting was very very difficult. I have ordered the crush washers for that banjo fitting and a new banjo bolt in the faint hope it is only that.it is very hard to even see it but it may actually be leaking from the crush collar for the fitting as it goes to the back of the engine bay above the cross member. Like i said very difficult to see.

I do have the TS front crossmember mount, installed to help the shifting and the reduction of the engine moving about which it did very nicely. Dont know if that may have caused issues over time or not.

Here is the question: has anyone had to replace the line from the acd pump to the ACD transfer case? this is the one on the back of the acd transfer case. How difficult was that ? Did the whole engine cradle and support member have to come down? i guess like installing a front sway bar?

Is there any thing else that could be leaking the ACD ATF fluid that I might have not noticed?

Right now it is leaking about 4 ounces a week, enough to go from full on the acd reervoir to drop down about 1 inch.

Any link to a how to would be fantastic.

Oh and for those people who are itching to say get rid of the ACD pump etc ...hmm no way am i downgrading to a non acd transfer function.

Let me know, please
Old May 7, 2015, 10:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
I can write more about it tomorrow (not on my phone), but I'm pretty familiar with the line since I relocated my ACD to the rear.

The part that connects to the t-case is just a short line, like 12 inches, before it connects to hardline. Odds are that you just need to clean it up and replace the crush washers.

It's not hard to get to with the down pipe out of the way, though I think I've also had the axle out every time I've disconnected it for a clutch job.
Old May 9, 2015, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J
I can write more about it tomorrow (not on my phone), but I'm pretty familiar with the line since I relocated my ACD to the rear.

The part that connects to the t-case is just a short line, like 12 inches, before it connects to hardline. Odds are that you just need to clean it up and replace the crush washers.

It's not hard to get to with the down pipe out of the way, though I think I've also had the axle out every time I've disconnected it for a clutch job.
Thankks for the reply Dallas.

Yeah not easy to get at. Any pics of the hardline in place on the subframe? As i said, it is leaking pretty bad and isnt responding to tightening it up. Have you ever had to replace the hardline ?

I'll let my mechanic know about pulling the passenger side axle and to have all the crush washers, new banjo bolt and seals for the transfer case passenger side axle just in case.

Would it be easier to drop the subframe like doing the front sway bar? if so then i may just source a Whiteline 24-27 mm adjustable front bar and have him do that at the same time.

Appreciate your replies in advance
Old May 9, 2015, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you already have a brand new hard line? It took me 5 weeks to get it made by mitsubishi, and sent over from japan because they had to make it from scratch essentially. I still have it unused if you need/want it.
Old May 13, 2015, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

pic and price... I just might need it

Last edited by WRC-LVR; May 13, 2015 at 05:16 PM.