Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Skunk2 Throttle Body review

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2015, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Skunk2 Throttle Body review

So, I did read the 6 page thread before I bought my Skunk2 throttle body, but seeing the date and the customer service that was offered in the thread, I decided since i have the Skunk2 intake manifold already, I'd get the TB so the port sizes match (68mm) and no major modifying will be needed. Boy was I wrong.

So from the beginning:
I ordered a TB from a Skunk2 dealer. It shows up in a SEALED Skunk2 box, cool. Open the box and find 2 washers and a roller bearing that are just sitting in the bottom of the box. Some assembly required, no big deal... Except I can't find the order or location on their exploded view to put them. I call them, they tell me that those are installed during manufacturing and I shouldn't have received it like that, they will have to send me an RMA to have it installed.

Name:  XFy5MRss.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  2.7 KB
Name:  LkXsynks.jpg
Size:  2.8 KB

I had an appointment to tune that same week, they didn't seem to care that I wasn't going to make it. I finally got them to send me a replacement (I ordered black, they didn't have any more, so I reluctantly took the hard anodized color just to get it done), but they sent it regular mail... It shows up a week later, awesome. Already missed my tune date, so no rush now, thanks!

Fast forward to finally getting everything ready to drop in, Skunk2 manifold, 2150 FIC's, new rail, FPR, and the hard anodized TB they sent me. Get everything on, start doing some remote tuning to get it idling correct and be streetable to road tune, and tuner is having a hell of an issue keeping idle and trims right. I can hear a large hiss from the bay, narrow it down to up in the TB/intake manifold area closest to the TB.

Decided last night to finally stop fighting the fact that I couldn't find any other solution than it was probably the TB and made a boost leak tester. This thing is just POURING air out of the shaft for the throttle cable wheel. Like, it cant hold barely anything at all, <2psi.
Name:  YKANvJSs.jpg
Size:  2.7 KB

So, in short. their problems are not fixed with quality, even after all this time.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man sorry to hear that. hope you get it all squared away