Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Half-Size/Forward Facing AC Condenser Kit: All the details you need to know

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I need one
Old Feb 18, 2019, 07:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Still selling?

Originally Posted by Sikilla
The biggest deal breaker about a FF kit was the ac not working or the kit making the car over heat. Glad to see it works good as I'm in south Florida.

I'll be in touch when I make the switch
Originally Posted by alex_s817
I've been building half-sized AC condenser kits for the last 2 years and I get so many PMs about the setup, I wanted to post here with all the details for anyone who is curious.

-They come with everything you need to install, no other parts/hardware hunting required.
-Kits fit with any forward facing turbo kit as long as you can still fit your OEM AC compressor.
-Condenser bolts into place in front of the half rad just like factory, using oem mounting points and pre-configured brackets.
-The hoses (3 included) connect to your existing AC plumbing with factory spec AC fittings.
-System holds roughly 16 ounces of R134a refrigerant.
-AC blows like factory. I'm honestly still blown away by how well it works given we cut the condenser surface area in half.
- The cars DO NOT overheat. This was the biggest concern of mine in the very beginning. With a Koyo half sized radiator (or equivalent) and a quality fan, I haven't had anyone with lasting overheating issues. I have guys in Puerto Rico, Australia, Panama, and here in the States up and down the hot and humid east coast running these kits without a problem.

Here are some pics to show the hose routing, condenser placement, and anything else you may have been curious about. Hopefully this helps with questions you guys may have.

still for sale and how much?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He said he isn't on here often and to email him at evolvedcomponents@gmail.com.