Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Cast o2 housing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2015, 10:31 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wickedep
nice piece. anyone of you guys have any pics of the inside? does it look restrictive compared to a 3" one piece downpipe? at 16lbs..its pretty heavy..but should have some room for porting.
I'll try to get a pic of mine when I pull it back apart from test fitting. It does feel super heavy but it's definitely not 16 lbs. I weighed it because I was surprised at how heavy it felt and I think it was around 7 lbs. There's some room for porting but you won't be able to go a full 3".

To the person who has it installed, did you get a donut gasket with your o2 housing? I tried to source one at local part stores with no luck, then wasted $20 ordering one online that doesn't work either. Fp said a couple weeks ago they now have some they'll be sending to customers who ordered the cast o2.. I'm still waiting.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8426
Only 3 bolt on the back end, the mouth is still 2 bolt.

i stand corrected, my fault.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They sent mr a donut gasket yes, I'll post up pics when I get home, I don't think the housing needs any porting
Old Dec 26, 2015, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

And e kobz I bought a ss jb black as well. Granted I'm stock block with mivec. I just wanted room to grow when I build a 2.4. 4200rpm on a 2.3 is fine by me lol. Honestly if this turbo hits full boost by 5200rpm on a 2.0 liter I'll be happy. I'm used to a hta86 on my evo 8 lol.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nickelndime
I'll try to get a pic of mine when I pull it back apart from test fitting. It does feel super heavy but it's definitely not 16 lbs. I weighed it because I was surprised at how heavy it felt and I think it was around 7 lbs. There's some room for porting but you won't be able to go a full 3".

To the person who has it installed, did you get a donut gasket with your o2 housing? I tried to source one at local part stores with no luck, then wasted $20 ordering one online that doesn't work either. Fp said a couple weeks ago they now have some they'll be sending to customers who ordered the cast o2.. I'm still waiting.
I take it that the inside diameter is not a true 3" piece? Wondering because on the website it says that it is.

Also to the person stating the stock mhi turbos are on their website, yss they are but for a very steep price of $2500. With the sale they have going right now one could pick up a green red or black, lines, gaskets, and the cast o2 housing for under $1500 and all you would need is a wg and fab a dump. I would much rather do that now that they have made a piece to retain my existing down pipe and still utilize the better flowing ss housings.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:27 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
[QUOTE=awdordie;11555168]I take it that the inside diameter is not a true 3" piece? Wondering because on the website it says that it is.

That's the impression I had also but no it isnt. It has an outside diameter of 3" on the exit but due to the thickness of the cast, I'd say it has an inside diameter of 2 5/8" - 2 3/4". Most of the aftermarket mhi o2 housings (w/ external dump) had a 2.5" outlet and didn't seem to be a restriction for the fp mhi turbos, so I suppose it'll be sufficient for my ss housing green.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 02:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
The journal bearing mhi turbos on the FP website are $1599. In the holiday sales tab. Bottom left. The ball bearing is right next to it at $2599. $1599 I thought was a steal. And yes, the ss housing flows better due to more recent design, but I thought it had been established that mhi will spool faster since it is twin scroll? Correct me if I am wrong. I only own the mhi.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ZanarkO
And e kobz I bought a ss jb black as well. Granted I'm stock block with mivec. I just wanted room to grow when I build a 2.4. 4200rpm on a 2.3 is fine by me lol. Honestly if this turbo hits full boost by 5200rpm on a 2.0 liter I'll be happy. I'm used to a hta86 on my evo 8 lol.
Yup I hit full boost around 5000-5200 rpms on my fp black, 30 psi on stock block. Made 520/386 on a mustang dyno. Ditching the black this winter and putting the fp zero on a 2.0 high comp long rod.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 05:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I ordered one of the o2 housings even though i planned to just fab something, it would have cost almost half in material plus time, and ive been busy lately.
if i had known how heavy it is, i wouldn't have bought it, i would have just made something.
unfortunately i already have it so im just gonna use it for the time being. it looks like theres room to port it but im not going to bother, at that point id rather build something from scratch.

on the plus side, i emailed about it and they claim theres nothing lost using this housing over a 3" full downpipe.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TrendSetter
I ordered one of the o2 housings even though i planned to just fab something, it would have cost almost half in material plus time, and ive been busy lately.
if i had known how heavy it is, i wouldn't have bought it, i would have just made something.
unfortunately i already have it so im just gonna use it for the time being. it looks like theres room to port it but im not going to bother, at that point id rather build something from scratch.

on the plus side, i emailed about it and they claim theres nothing lost using this housing over a 3" full downpipe.
It is REALLY heavy. But you can tell the damn thing will last forever. I cant really see much of a taper in mine, but I mean do you think there would be any benefit in porting it? It looks pretty cleaned up from the factory to me.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lostsoulsevo
Yup I hit full boost around 5000-5200 rpms on my fp black, 30 psi on stock block. Made 520/386 on a mustang dyno. Ditching the black this winter and putting the fp zero on a 2.0 high comp long rod.
Those are awesome numbers on a mustang dyno. I specifically wanted this turbo to be a little lazy to save my stock block and to make 500 + looks like it'll do exactly what I want. Ah Im excited to put this turd on now. And yeah an FP zero is sick but just out of my price range. As cheap as the black was on the holiday sale it really was a "**** it why not" type of purchase. I mean seriously the whole package was almost the same amount as a tomei 20 G. (Im a cheap *** and just bought a knock off wastegate however)
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by ZanarkO
It is REALLY heavy. But you can tell the damn thing will last forever. I cant really see much of a taper in mine, but I mean do you think there would be any benefit in porting it? It looks pretty cleaned up from the factory to me.
the part of the downpipe immediately after the turbine wheel is very critical, so im sure theres benefit in porting it, but for that kind of effort, personally, i would fab something. i have the advantage of owning a tig and have been making 'stuff' for a long time though.
probably in the next couple years ill try to make a 3.5" replacement for it
Old Dec 29, 2015, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Old Dec 29, 2015, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Old Dec 29, 2015, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

Suppose there could be some porting lol

Quick Reply: FP Cast o2 housing