Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New FP Green! FP54 57lbs/min

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2016, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by e_kobz
Do you think the Dom 2.0 might have better transient response due to it being BB where as this new Green is only JB?
I would say absolutely, but you can also buy the 2.0 in JB, and in that case they will be much more comparable.

Although based on 94awd's previous data, the blouch turbine and compressor may have less mass vs. the parts FP uses.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by awhit17
I would say absolutely, but you can also buy the 2.0 in JB, and in that case they will be much more comparable.

Although based on 94awd's previous data, the blouch turbine and compressor may have less mass vs. the parts FP uses.
Good point. Would love to see a back to back comparison. I want this FP54 Green so badly
Old Feb 20, 2016, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by e_kobz
Good point. Would love to see a back to back comparison. I want this FP54 Green so badly
Yeah, I'm not going to lie, on paper this looks like it could be the best stock frame turbo out there.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by awhit17

the journal bearing dom 2.0 which has a larger compressor wheel than an FP red and has better transient response than the original HTA green with the smaller 65mm turbine. it also spools faster than my BB red. transient response is about the same as well. i think BB in this smaller twin scrolls is a waste performance wise. but it may be worth it for the reliability for some.. myself personally have not yet killed a plain bearing FP turbo of any sort. and i have run quite a few.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 04:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
the journal bearing dom 2.0 which has a larger compressor wheel than an FP red and has better transient response than the original HTA green with the smaller 65mm turbine. it also spools faster than my BB red. transient response is about the same as well. i think BB in this smaller twin scrolls is a waste performance wise. but it may be worth it for the reliability for some.. myself personally have not yet killed a plain bearing FP turbo of any sort. and i have run quite a few.
Interesting that the comp wheel on the BBK-B is bigger than a Red...even though the Red is supposed to flow more. (59# on the HTA and 61# on the HTZ).

Looking forward to results of this. But Jerry's comment awhile ago (I think in his build thread) that even though it spoiled quicker, he missed the upper rpm oomph of the Red vs. BBK-B/Dom 2.0 is what convinced me to get the Red for my 2.3.

Last edited by Erik@MIL.SPEC; Feb 20, 2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wonder how this compares to an old mhi hta red
Old Feb 20, 2016, 07:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by saxon
wonder how this compares to an old mhi hta red
Well. There's a 2 pound difference between the comp wheels. (57# vs. 59#). This new Green will spool quicker with probably close to the same power. Green spool. Old Red power
The following users liked this post:
sir monster (Mar 31, 2016)
Old Feb 20, 2016, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC
Well. There's a 2 pound difference between the comp wheels. (57# vs. 59#). This new Green will spool quicker with probably close to the same power. Green spool. Old Red power
Ultimate street turbo
Old Feb 20, 2016, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
The pictures of the Ross Sport turbo looks like 9 blade turbine. On paper the new green and this Ross Sport turbo sound very similar. Ross Sport has a BB option.

What are the benefits of the 9 blade turbine wheel?

Also, it looks similar to this turbo (but I can't find specs on the Ross Sport one):

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=512270
Old Feb 21, 2016, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jmills
Just took the plunge and ordered one
Been on the lookout for something like this for some time now, good things come to those who wait
What is the estimated wait time on receiving one of these bad boys?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 04:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Drsous
What is the estimated wait time on receiving one of these bad boys?
Not sure yet as I haven't heard from FP regarding the order yet (not surprising considering it was Friday afternoon). I'll update you guys when I get more information
Old Feb 22, 2016, 07:04 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 355 Likes on 240 Posts
This looks like a really nice turbo. Looks similar to the older Red. I have the older HTA Red (MHI ) and its well balanced for a street car. On my stock engine the red was making good power at 4000-4200 and would hold torque for awhile. Spools quick enough for some auto x courses and works well on the street. When I was shopping between the green,red, black it seemed like the green came on but ran out of steam quickly ( torque dropping out) The red looked well balanced and people complained about the transient response of the black.
This new green looks very promising.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jmills
Not sure yet as I haven't heard from FP regarding the order yet (not surprising considering it was Friday afternoon). I'll update you guys when I get more information
FP said on Facebook this morning that they have 8 units ready to go
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

FP said on Facebook this morning that they have 8 units ready to go
Saw that too, super tempting. I need to finish my mini X build then pick this thing up
Old Feb 23, 2016, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does the FP Green require a catch can setup like the red/black do?

Quick Reply: New FP Green! FP54 57lbs/min