Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Rebuild Time, Harvesting ideas want to make 350 ish on 91

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rebuild Time, Harvesting ideas want to make 350 ish on 91

Hey yall, my car is at 180k and the motor seems a bit tired and clutch is finally going out... Ive put 90k on it personally and have noticed the drop off over time. Now that I have me a daily I wanna buld the evo to be the "fun car." what Im looking for is a set up that will let me have a streetable car with a pretty good amount of power and reliability but at the same time a pretty stock appearance under the hood and passing smog (cause I live in California). My thought is to make the motor breathe better better by porting the head and manifolds, going to a 9 turbo with an upgraded wheel that could push more air and modifying the valvetrain to accommodate that. I already have an FFTEC ECB, 3"DP, 3" nocat exhaust (I install the cat for smog test.. shhh dont tell nobody), synapse DV, ETS intake, Driver Mod etc.. Can y'all chime in on this? i haven't been able to find much info on compressor wheel upgrades and air flow, seems the common way is just slapping on cams and upgrading injectors but i feel that only provides top end power which is pretty damn useless on the street. P.S. power gains aren't an absolute must for me, I can sacrafice a few HPs in return for a solid and efficient curve. also I need help figuring out my clutch options, I know I want a lighter flywheel to reduce spinning inertia, but for the clutch I have no experience with the aftermarket, Ive always been able to make the best of the OEM clutch so Id want something at least as close as forgiving. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Can Of Rockstar; Mar 5, 2017 at 06:16 AM.