Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

WTF am I missing?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2017, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
There is no over boost fuel cut limit on the tune?
Now I'm just throwing stuff out there.
I tunned a S2k once which had it.
I don't remember if our ECU's have it or not
Old Jun 9, 2017, 07:20 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Our ECU's do have a load limit, but most tuners put it to max, which is a lot more than Kaj is reaching.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Car still have AC??
Old Jun 10, 2017, 11:18 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
absolutely have AC!
Old Jun 11, 2017, 03:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
I ask cause the AC compressor in my car was starting to go (this was AC off, defrost off) and in my failure state it actually started binding up. Noticed a little sluggishness in spool, AFR was richer than normal in a pull, and noticed the same shift up in load you mentioned in the logs.

Couple days later the car was a *** to start, making noise, and if I went to try and engage the clutch to drive it would stall and die with a binding noise, turned out the AC compressor completely bound up solid. Pulled the serp belt and the whole AC pulley assembly broke free from the compressor.

Second part doesn't pertain to you as of now but when you mentioned the shift in load, richness, slower spool, I had remembered I saw the same thing. Granted the total time from symptoms to complete failure was like 3-4 days on my car. Theory: the OEM AC compressor/pulley wasn't meant to spin like that hahah!!

Cheap enough to pick up a non AC serp belt (various brands pn's are on the site) and put it on to see if there is any change in the logs or feel, you can leave the AC bits in place as the shorter non-AC belt simply doesn't route around the AC pulley any longer.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:49 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
I ask cause the AC compressor in my car was starting to go (this was AC off, defrost off) and in my failure state it actually started binding up. Noticed a little sluggishness in spool, AFR was richer than normal in a pull, and noticed the same shift up in load you mentioned in the logs.

Couple days later the car was a *** to start, making noise, and if I went to try and engage the clutch to drive it would stall and die with a binding noise, turned out the AC compressor completely bound up solid. Pulled the serp belt and the whole AC pulley assembly broke free from the compressor.

Second part doesn't pertain to you as of now but when you mentioned the shift in load, richness, slower spool, I had remembered I saw the same thing. Granted the total time from symptoms to complete failure was like 3-4 days on my car. Theory: the OEM AC compressor/pulley wasn't meant to spin like that hahah!!

Cheap enough to pick up a non AC serp belt (various brands pn's are on the site) and put it on to see if there is any change in the logs or feel, you can leave the AC bits in place as the shorter non-AC belt simply doesn't route around the AC pulley any longer.
I always have weird crap happen to me, so I will give it a shot. It's never the normal problems that I have LOL
I just had the A/C system vacuumed/filled with new condenser and drier, so that would be my luck LOL