Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New BR 2.3RPM Build No Start Tried Everything Need GURU !! lol

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah we checked all the grounds in engine bay and in car under dash.

I took a couple logs of the car cranking and im getting rpm signal and fuel pulse so i have to be getting cam signal as well as crank i would think.

Still don't take anything for sure and go about it as we have no signal. But we can't trace a bad wire or bad ground anywhere to be the culprit.

I feel as if its in my work on the ROM and all the speed density, omni 4 bar map, and gm iat sensor change over.

Ive went over the work again and again but nothing is popping out at me.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 02:56 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo8Emperor

I took a couple logs of the car cranking and im getting rpm signal and fuel pulse so i have to be getting cam signal as well as crank i would think.

Still don't take anything for sure and go about it as we have no signal. But we can't trace a bad wire or bad ground anywhere to be the culprit.

I feel as if its in my work on the ROM and all the speed density, omni 4 bar map, and gm iat sensor change over.

I don't know if you mentioned this or not, but is it throwing any DTC's? Also if you download the factory service manual from evoscan.com check out PDF GR00005500C-13A.pdf it contains all the Fuel injection electrical troubleshooting steps. I would post it up like i have other pages, but there are just way too many for me to do that in a reasonable amount of time.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Evo8Emperor

fuel pump is solely the crank signal. I think* the ecu will fire the injectors on initial cranking based on the "Cranking Enrichment IPW adder table" and I'm not sure if the cam angle sensor is involved in that or not.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I actually have it all on lap top. THe shop manual. we ran threw many diagnosis's. All coming back to bad ecu. So I got a new/used ecu and it fixed the no grounding to the mfi relay. car cranks really good with it too.

I printed both manuals out. I have about 1500 pages worth. lol
Old Sep 17, 2017, 03:39 PM

in that case its starts at 13A-246
Old Sep 18, 2017, 02:56 AM
Account Disabled

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Flooded it with too much fuel?

An RPM signal means it's sparking?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 03:11 AM
Evolved Member

Nah not flooded.

We have RPM signal in Evoscan and using a Solus. We strictly have no spark on any cylinder.

Does anyone have any idea if the crank signal parameter in evoscsan v2.9 is right and what i should see cranking the car ?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 03:22 AM
Account Disabled

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Is it running that CDI on your mod list?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 03:34 AM
Evolved Member

have just a non-cdi cop waiting. oem coils are on the car now and they brand new.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 02:21 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Going to sound silly.... But did you check the ignition fuse in the interior fuse panel?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah checked and changed anyway. Checked all the fuses every where. Only thing now is testing any ignition relays.

Thought i scene it said there was one is the diagrams somewhere. looking into it now.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 04:00 PM

Old Sep 18, 2017, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
have you tried another ecu?

if everything checked out on the wiring and the fuses/relays.... that would be my next guess
Old Sep 18, 2017, 05:32 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
He has 3 ECU's lol. I doubt all 3 are bad. Unless something in the wiring is shorting them out as soon as he powers them up.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I have three ecu's at this point. First two have to be blown. Both have the same issue of having to ground out the mfi relay in order to do anything.

The third new ecu i bought last week i installed and flashed to my ROM i been working on. Key on we immediately noticed all the relay's and what not clicking.

I have no one in my area i know of anyway with a 03-04 that would be willing to switch some stuff around with me. lol. My friend and I who is a tech and where my car is at right now have both been looking for someone but no luck yet.

So Im forced to just buy everything slowly back to oem again is my step really so i have nothing to worry about messing up in the rom.

Other than that its a short/bad ground or been thinking a bad relay. About to replace all those as well at this point.

I went into the build buying everything I needed to and making sure it was new. Besides a the oem harness and a ecu.

Car ran before I took it apart myself. It sat at the shop for a while being worked on and that's it.

So with all the new sensors and new ecu and so we should be able to say no problems there. Only thing that remains the same is the wiring harness/grounds and maybe my ROM work. People are saying that it would still start though if i messed something up.

I get no codes. Car just cranks and cranks. Not a sputter. You will smell fuel like a **** too. Checked all cylinders and none show signs of spark

Quick Reply: New BR 2.3RPM Build No Start Tried Everything Need GURU !! lol