Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

What external wastegate dump tube for FP SS housing with FP Cast O2 Housing?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 04:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What external wastegate dump tube for FP SS housing with FP Cast O2 Housing?

I will be upgrading to an FP Black soon, and plan on going with the SS housing paired with FP's Cast O2 housing to work with my Buschur Downpipe. I prefer to keep the O2 dump external as well.

Just wondering what you guys that are running this setup are doing for the wastegate dump tube for the Tial MVS with FP's cast O2 housing?

I figured in my search for parts that FP would at least offer a dump tube to work with that setup. I do not want to have to buy an STM or MAP v-band downpipe and dump tube setup.

Anyone with said setup, please feel free to let me know what you are using for the dump tube, where you got it, and if possible provide pics.

Thanks in advance,
Scott
Old Feb 12, 2018, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts
Just have someone weld up a dump tube. I believe the kit form FP comes with a spare v-band but it doesn't really matter. Get it installed and then have someone local weld one up.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by schuhie
Just have someone weld up a dump tube. I believe the kit form FP comes with a spare v-band but it doesn't really matter. Get it installed and then have someone local weld one up.
Yes the MVS comes with the v-band clamp for the dump tube.

There are no shops around here that amount to crap for tig welding something up that wouldn't look like a freaking blind moron did, lol. Nor that I'd even want my car in their shop to fab up the bends for the tube

I would prefer to keep the setup looking as clean as possible even if I have to contact STM or someone to get a nicely welded dump tube.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 03:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
FP has a dump tube, it comes in their bundle. You may just have to call them to get it separately. The ones I've installed, I had to add a bend to them to clear the LICP. They also come way long and need to be cut down. I had one guy want it out the hood, and it goes out the hood just fine with no bends, just have to cut it down.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 04:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
cast o2 housing wont work without changing flange on downpipe and the fp housing comes with a dump tube. i have one for sale if you need one, housing and dump tube, because once i figured out i needed to change the flange on the downpipe i just ordered the stm downpipe.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

I have a buschur downpipe, with 2 bolts. Will that not bolt to the fp cast housing? Looks as if it does? What dp did u have?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 04:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
m2 3in downpipe. i thought it would work also until i was almost all down and ready to start went to put downpipe on and not the same size.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 05:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
The buschur down pipe def won't work, it doesn't even use the stock donut gasket. The FP O2 housing comes with a new flange to weld onto the DP though.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
The buschur down pipe def won't work, it doesn't even use the stock donut gasket. The FP O2 housing comes with a new flange to weld onto the DP though.

Ah someone must have welded something on mine then..it was on the car when I got it and I've been using the epm o2 dump with a factory donut gasket for years. I'll look to see if someone has done some welding on it.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Yup it appears it has the exact same flange that fp sells on it, which is the Works exhaust flange.

So this cast 02 housing should bolt up just fine for me.

I do see they offer the dump tube in that bundle now.