Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Injector leak at intake to injector seal question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Injector leak at intake to injector seal question

I was rerouting my vacuum line for my boost gauge and discovered the the injector closest to the timing belt is leaking at the intake to injector seal. Not a lot but I can see it shining back at me when I put a flashlight at the area.

So my question is do you guys think I can get away with just unbolting the fuel rail lifting it enough to get that seal on the injector and bolt the fuel rail back in the intake(or does the seal go into the intake and then the injectors just stick back in)? I already ordered 4 seals and plan to just replace the 4 that go into the intake for all injectors but don't really want to go thought all the trouble of unbolting the fuel feed line and the FPR as well as uncliping the injectors from the harness to take the entire rail out. I do however plan to pull the connector to the fuel pump so that some of the pressure gets relieved.

I am on stock injectors.

Do you guys think its do able?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

anyone?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Yes, completely doable. That's how I change injectors. Don't need to remove fuel lines, and taking the connectors off/on the injectors are way easier when they're sitting on top of the valve cover..
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:52 AM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
Use lubrication installing o-rings.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Yes, completely doable. That's how I change injectors. Don't need to remove fuel lines, and taking the connectors off/on the injectors are way easier when they're sitting on top of the valve cover..
Awesome sounds good. Shouldn't take me that long then. One more question; Does the seal I am talking about go into the intake or do I put it on the injector then stick it in the intake? This is the seal I am talking about.

Old Jul 14, 2018, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jp7
Use lubrication installing o-rings.
I am installing the lower insulator seals as shown in this picture. The other user in this thread has said that its possible just lifting the rail up enough to slip that insulator ring on. So I won't have to take the injectors out of the rail and won't have to replace the o-rings that go in to the rail.

What type of lubrication do you suggest I use for this seal. Some people have suggested spit or a small dab of oil lol.

Old Jul 14, 2018, 03:38 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by TomekEVO
Awesome sounds good. Shouldn't take me that long then. One more question; Does the seal I am talking about go into the intake or do I put it on the injector then stick it in the intake? This is the seal I am talking about.
Item no. 0702P is to be installed onto the groove on the injector. Once you pull the injectors, youll see!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Item no. 0702P is to be installed onto the groove on the injector. Once you pull the injectors, youll see!
sweet thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:41 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
a small dab of oil will work, or tranny fluid - just a little bit. All you want to do is get them not to bind and slide in smooth. I use a specially designed lubricant called p80 but you don't need that.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

So when I pulled the rail with the injectors the seals stayed in the intake. Then when I tried installing the seal on the injector they would slide off due to the little dab of oil I coated them with. Ended up just putting the seals into the intake then putting the injectors into them. Seemed to work just fine.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
yep.. should be fine.