Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

so I've decided I'm going to pull the engine and take to machine shop

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
I would set aside a weekend to pull the engine just incase you run into issues trying to get it out.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
It's a Mitsubishi, not a Ferrari. Any knowledgeable shop worth their salt can properly rebuild it. Cracks me up when people get all excited about needing to find an "evo" shop. It's standard iron block/aluminum head 4 cylinder with a timing belt. OP isn't trying to make 800whp where the combo really starts to matter anyways..
i called a engine shop today, they said dont bother with just a hone, better to bore it 20 thou and start fresh with one up pistons, they also said they were happy for me to come to the shop and help them put it back together and they'd give me a discount, i think if i disassembled he wanted me to be involved in assembling
Old Oct 13, 2018, 09:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by hutch959
im in Tennessee,... .and there is no way i would let the "local boys" that do the dirt track stuff machine my stuff.

the last evo crank i took to a local "reputable" machine shop to get micro polished. ... when i picked it up they had cut it.... uggghhh.

anyway....
if im spending a ton of money, im not gonna let some shop do it that "should know what they are doing".

So you took it to an idiot lol
Old Oct 13, 2018, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
So you took it to an idiot lol
Correct!

and i felt like an idiot for taking it there! lol.