Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another Slim Fan thread...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Another Slim Fan thread...

I ended up purchasing the full size mishimoto radiator during BF as mine is leaking. I'm currently thorn between the Mishimotor fan and the SPAL. Anyone have any recommendation on which one I should get or maybe another slim fan options.

Thanks
Old Dec 4, 2018, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Get a fan with the highest CFM rating but they both work well. I think the spals cost a little more. I'm using a fan I bought on Amazon but it had a high CFM rating higher than mishimoto.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Cool, I'll search on amazon.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Remember you want a pull fan not push. Pretty sure this is what I bought and it came with 2. You can find in different sizes depending on clearance needed.
https://www.amazon.com/Performance-Electric-Radiator-Mounting-(Diameter/dp/B01NBMKMVY/ref=zg_bs_15725421_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1 JHEDN34MMVHV2E1SNAN

Last edited by ronaldo9; Dec 4, 2018 at 04:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
blackline (Dec 5, 2018)
Old Dec 11, 2018, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have that Mishimoto fan with the aluminum shroud. It saves some weight over the oem one, however there are some con's to note on this that you may want to consider.
  • The wiring on the fan is not plug and play, you will need to use your oem harness plug.
  • Clearance issues to consider: the plastic fan shroud that mounts to the aluminum housing has a tight clearance near the oem wastegate area. I am running a turbosmart wastegate and I needed to modify the plastic fan shroud. If you are running stock motor mounts, the additional engine movement may cause some additional clearance issues. I'm running the Torque Solution engine mounts, so the movement is not as much as with the oem mounts.
The following users liked this post:
blackline (Dec 13, 2018)