Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch engagement point changed

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carbon_toast
Thought I'd add to this because I have a picture of it. There is a clutch fluid reservoir, but its actually inside the brake reservoir in its own partition that only feeds from a notch at the top, that's why people always say keep your brake reservoir topped off when bleeding the clutch.

Nice pic, that defiantly sums it up forsure! Btw have you ever noticed the small reservoir on the actual clutch master cylinder? Is it supposed to have fluid in in?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
Dude are you still fighting this thing!? If so, bring your car by one of these days and lets figure it out.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
Dude are you still fighting this thing!? If so, bring your car by one of these days and lets figure it out.

Hey lumpy! I basically said eff it, and bought a new entire clutch system. Got a clutch master cylinder, oem slave, oem flywheel and a new act street clutch kit. I’ve tried everything with my dad, we bled it, adjusted it and put a new clutch line in. Problem still happens where engagement point changes everyday... it’s so annoying I just got fed up with it lol. Although I still wonder if I have a bent clutch fork.. so I’m unsure until the trans comes off. I’ll hyu forsure soon, been hella busy lately planning for a marriage and honey moon right now
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
Before you pull the trans again, bring it over. You have replaced everything so I doubt it's a problem with the parts (but see below). If it was a bent fork, it wouldn't have a random engagement point. If it was a cracked fork, maybe but doubtful. You got something else odd going on. I have owned 2 vehicles that came from the factory with a variable distance clutch pedal. The problem was rpm related. If I shifted after a certain rpm, the pedal travel would get cut in half. You could pump it a bunch of times and it would go back to normal. After talking to a bunch of people, most agreed that it was a pressure plate issue. Most saying that it didnt have enough pressure to support the rpm it was spinning. Point being, does your issue seem to be rpm related or it just has a mind of it's own no matter how you drive?

Good luck on the wedding/honey moon planning!
Old Jul 29, 2019, 02:46 PM

To anyone who is having this problem it was my clutch plate, after everything sit correctly and after 300miles of break in I no longer have this problem
Old Jul 29, 2019, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
Before you pull the trans again, bring it over. You have replaced everything so I doubt it's a problem with the parts (but see below). If it was a bent fork, it wouldn't have a random engagement point. If it was a cracked fork, maybe but doubtful. You got something else odd going on. I have owned 2 vehicles that came from the factory with a variable distance clutch pedal. The problem was rpm related. If I shifted after a certain rpm, the pedal travel would get cut in half. You could pump it a bunch of times and it would go back to normal. After talking to a bunch of people, most agreed that it was a pressure plate issue. Most saying that it didnt have enough pressure to support the rpm it was spinning. Point being, does your issue seem to be rpm related or it just has a mind of it's own no matter how you drive?

Good luck on the wedding/honey moon planning!

Yeah bro it ended up being my clutch, got a new clutch kit from ACT and a stock flywheel from Mitsubishi, after 300miles it’s gone xD. And thanks man! Wedding soon weeeee hahaha. I shall see you soon to help me with my torque solutions bushings!