Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Who sells TI E5LM (veyron) pump?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Who sells TI E5LM (veyron) pump?

Hey all. I've been having a lot of trouble finding this fuel pump. It's the TI automotive E5LM brushless fuel pump. Also goes by pierburg 7.50094. Better known as the fuel pump from the Bugatti Veyron. It's manufactured in Poland but I'm having a hell of a time trying to find anyone selling it online. Anyone have a lead on this pump?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
I would start by contacting Volkswagen. Good luck in your search.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 269 Likes on 207 Posts
if you specifically need a brushless pump, try https://www.protecfuelpumps.com/
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kikiturbo
if you specifically need a brushless pump, try https://www.protecfuelpumps.com/
Protec, fuel labs, etc. do have brushless pumps but I'm not specific on the brushless pump. These aftermarket brushless pumps are great and come with a built in controller but the cost a lot. I am trying to avoid using a double pumper with a surge tank and the veyron pump happens to come the closest to doing it without costing an arm and a leg. The fact that its OEM and can take higher voltages is just an added bonus. Here is a the pump pushed to the max:

I managed to find some european vendors but its currently out of stock. US vendors seem to not sell it because of problems sourcing controllers. The AMS version apparently has an unreliable controller thats prone to failure. I'll keep hunting away trying to get my hands on it. Even if I can get the pump alone I can control it with a fuel labs controller.
The following users liked this post:
deylag (Jun 11, 2019)
Old Jun 12, 2019, 04:58 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Torqbyte will have their PM5 controller coming out soon that will drive the E5LM.

I currently use their PM3 and it's awesome
Old Jun 12, 2019, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Torqbyte will have their PM5 controller coming out soon that will drive the E5LM.

I currently use their PM3 and it's awesome

Yea I actually emailed them and their pm5 is delayed a few months for software reasons apparently. But I am really impressed with their dc motor controller and also the option to control/boost voltage. Like a boost-a-pump to those more familiar with mustangs. These pumps apparently can easily run more than double 12V power input.

Btw what type of input signal does your pm3 take? Like I know it's most likely pwm but what frequency and voltage? I didn't know how well I could rig stuff to work work torqbyte's products. Ideally I'd use the fuel labs electronic fuel regulator to send a pwm signal back to the controller and directly regulate pump speed, or send it to the ecu and map a table to output to the pump controller.

Titan is apparently working directly with TI and is coming out with the E5LM and their own motor controller. They are going to release it in the next few weeks. The informal price I got is pretty reasonable too. Definitely less than any comparable double pumper solution.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 01:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by deeman101

Btw what type of input signal does your pm3 take? Like I know it's most likely pwm but what frequency and voltage? I didn't know how well I could rig stuff to work work torqbyte's products. .
I'm using 0-5v from a MAP sensor to program pump flow in a 2d table in my PM3 + CM5LT combo.

However you can also input an RPM signal or really anything else to create a full 3D programmable table.

I had planned on that but it's working great so far with my 2d table setup with Boost vs Pump duty %
Old Jun 12, 2019, 02:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Yea I actually emailed them and their pm5 is delayed a few months for software reasons apparently. But I am really impressed with their dc motor controller and also the option to control/boost voltage. Like a boost-a-pump to those more familiar with mustangs. These pumps apparently can easily run more than double 12V power input.

Btw what type of input signal does your pm3 take? Like I know it's most likely pwm but what frequency and voltage? I didn't know how well I could rig stuff to work work torqbyte's products. Ideally I'd use the fuel labs electronic fuel regulator to send a pwm signal back to the controller and directly regulate pump speed, or send it to the ecu and map a table to output to the pump controller.

Titan is apparently working directly with TI and is coming out with the E5LM and their own motor controller. They are going to release it in the next few weeks. The informal price I got is pretty reasonable too. Definitely less than any comparable double pumper solution.

deeman, how much power are you looking to make? A single Walbro 525lph from TI automotive (F90000285) will hit 700+ whp. Now that i'm curious, does the Veyron make 1000+ whp on E85 or 91?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 02:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
This seems like a lot of work where a drop in double pumper setup would fit the bill just fine.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

I'm using 0-5v from a MAP sensor to program pump flow in a 2d table in my PM3 + CM5LT combo.

However you can also input an RPM signal or really anything else to create a full 3D programmable table.

I had planned on that but it's working great so far with my 2d table setup with Boost vs Pump duty %

Yea I guess fuel pump duty cycle doesn't need to be tightly regulated. Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not trying to set a hp record on single pump. It's more for (mechanical) simplicity, noise, temperature, current draw, and the fact that the fuel system I have in mind requires a pump to push against high fuel pressures. Mainly because I want to run smoothly between pump gas and e85 but still hit 700whp. The walboro really dies off in flow once you hit high fuel pressures.

Double pumper means I have to run a larger surge tank that I'll have no choice but to mount in the middle of the trunk. And will actually cost about the same. It's definitely proven and idiot proof on Evos at this point but I'm not really afraid of electronics and putting in some trial/error and effort into an "optimal" solution rather than the common solution. Double pumper is still the backup choice.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 04:12 PM
EvoM Guru

I'm not trying to set a hp record on single pump. It's more for (mechanical) simplicity, noise, temperature, current draw, and the fact that the fuel system I have in mind requires a pump to push against high fuel pressures. Mainly because I want to run smoothly between pump gas and e85 but still hit 700whp. The walboro really dies off in flow once you hit high fuel pressures.

Double pumper means I have to run a larger surge tank that I'll have no choice but to mount in the middle of the trunk. And will actually cost about the same. It's definitely proven and idiot proof on Evos at this point but I'm not really afraid of electronics and putting in some trial/error and effort into an "optimal" solution rather than the common solution. Double pumper is still the backup choice.
If I keep my Evo, I am def going the E5LM route when torqbyte comes out with the PM5.

I'm currently running a single 450 in a surge in my Evo 10 and I've maxed it out past 8k at 29psi on E80. Full pressure drops and AFR starts trending lean. This is at 640whp DJ and 570whp MD.

See log:

https://datazap.me/u/razorlab/sedyno...&zoom=758-1116
Old Jun 12, 2019, 04:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
If I keep my Evo, I am def going the E5LM route when torqbyte comes out with the PM5.

razorlab,

Whenever you say stuff like that, it makes me feel like i'm about to take an exam I didn't study for. Dang i need to catch up.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

So what Titan is releasing right now is the TI Automotive bks1000 fuel system that was recently announced. This uses the E5LM pump apparently. https://aftermarket.tiautomotive.com...-indianapolis/

Good news is it comes with a controller and is super simple. Bad news is it's basically flowing 100% constantly and cannot accept analog 5v, pwm, or any other signal. Price is around $650 for the whole drop in ready kit. I'm contacting TI to find out if you can at least gain some control by using a voltage controller.
It definitely flows enough though....420lph at 110psi on 13.5v and 18amp draw. I'll post up the graph when I get on a computer.

Last edited by deeman101; Jun 12, 2019 at 04:40 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

No double pumper will flow so much for so little voltage/current draw. This also translates to less heating of the fuel.

Last edited by deeman101; Jun 16, 2019 at 02:46 PM.