Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

MOTEC MOTEC MOTEC anyone?????? READ!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2004, 01:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MOTEC MOTEC MOTEC anyone?????? READ!!!!!!!!

anyone using motec? M4? or know anyone that is using motec? or any other series from motec??

hows ur experience on it?

if you have a motec, have u used any other ecu? how do they compare?

Please only post if you have real experience on MOTEC thank you!!!! Tuners are wanted for this post!!!! brainstorm, rnr, vinsu, xs, and eveyrone else!!! show me was up! and tell me why other ecus is "better" please thanks!!
Old Aug 3, 2004, 04:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might find some useful information here:

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...threadid=52316

I have an "M48 Pro" in my car but don't have any in depth knowledge compared to other ECU's so I don't have much to say my self
Old Aug 3, 2004, 09:24 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

It's really a matter of what your tuner (and wallet) is most comfortable with.

If you want to go to a standalone, I believe you'd be much better off with something like a pnp AEM or Autronics EMS as they come with base maps, a good support base of tuners, and knock control for far less money.

Mark
Old Aug 3, 2004, 12:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KK
It's really a matter of what your tuner (and wallet) is most comfortable with.

If you want to go to a standalone, I believe you'd be much better off with something like a pnp AEM or Autronics EMS as they come with base maps, a good support base of tuners, and knock control for far less money.

Mark
Yes ture, but i just like the fact that Motec can do more! And althought, it is a totally over kill for me right now, later on i might need it to do more!! I have already bought 2 exhausts, 2 cats, might change my intake soon. for a expesive item like that i just want to get it right hte frist time around!
Old Aug 3, 2004, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by han74j
anyone using motec? M4? or know anyone that is using motec? or any other series from motec??

hows ur experience on it?

if you have a motec, have u used any other ecu? how do they compare?

Please only post if you have real experience on MOTEC thank you!!!! Tuners are wanted for this post!!!! brainstorm, rnr, vinsu, xs, and eveyrone else!!! show me was up! and tell me why other ecus is "better" please thanks!!
All the Speed World Challenge racecars that I tune run Motecs M48s. They are very flexible computers with tons of race-derived functions, most of which few outside of a competitive racing series will ever use. This does not devalue their goodness. Just means that in order to take advantage of them, you need to need their features.

just my 2c,
shiv
Old Aug 4, 2004, 08:49 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by 500whp.com
Yes ture, but i just like the fact that Motec can do more! And althought, it is a totally over kill for me right now, later on i might need it to do more!! I have already bought 2 exhausts, 2 cats, might change my intake soon. for a expesive item like that i just want to get it right hte frist time around!
You may find the Motec M48 lacks in features that you prefer though. For example, Motec does not offer knock control, which you might want, especially when you use varying gas, etc. Idle control is also a little less robust than the newer units today. Going with Motec will also be very expensive once everything is purchased and ready for installation. You will probably need a good harness developed, which can cost a decent chunk of change.

In contrast, something like Autronic or AEM retail for far less, plug right into your car, maintain your AC/water pray/idle, and offer a lot of the features like Anti-lag, Nitrous, etc. The AEM also has knock control.

I think to get it right, you might want to discuss your options with the person who will be tuning your car. Sometimes you're better off going with what your tuner is most knowledgeable/comfortable with.

Mark

Last edited by KK; Aug 4, 2004 at 08:52 AM.