EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   espelir vs fujitsubo (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/168541-espelir-vs-fujitsubo.html)

touchmyjagee Nov 9, 2005 02:07 AM

espelir vs fujitsubo

hey guys, as the title thread says, im deciding which set-up i should go with.

for around $800, i can buy the espelir jgt500 exhaust, espelir downpipe, and a testpipe.

for $695 + shipping, i can sign up for the fujitsubo legalis r catback groupbuy.

ive finally saved up money to buy an exhaust, but im not sure which set-up to go with. people with the fujitsubo say its an amazing piece that nearly sounds stock, and even with a downpipe and testpipe, it still sounds quiet. best of all, it does not drone at all.
as for the espelir, it has a great deep, tone sound. its a few db's louder than stock, but once you put on the downpipe and testpipe, it gets significantly louder. plus the espelir drones on the highway.
i believe both exhausts have significant performance gains, and both look quite aggressive with the angled exit look. for people who have espelir or fujitsubo, can you guys tell me your experiences with your tbe/catback exhaust?

Evo420King Nov 9, 2005 02:56 AM

I have the Espelir Exhaust and Downpipe.....sounds freakin awesome....not too loud..but it can be deep sounding......

touchmyjagee Nov 9, 2005 06:49 PM

how bad does the espelir drone on the freeway?

coco Nov 9, 2005 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by touchmyjagee
how bad does the espelir drone on the freeway?

+1

With and without the baffle on. I am very interested in this exhaust casue it is street legal and sounded good when I heard it

simevo Nov 10, 2005 12:32 AM

With stock cat, the Espelir is fine on the highway or the street. But with a high-flow cat, I've noticed that my ears gets clogged like I'm on an airplane especially with the windows down.

xenoturkey Nov 10, 2005 12:35 AM

I have Espelir DP + UR cat + Espelir CB. The drone on the highway is pretty damn loud, especially if you go "normal" highway speeds (75-80ish here in cali). Above 3k the exhaust is very deep and throaty and also much louder than I anticipated when I purchased. I am almost certain it would not meet the 95 DB requirement for CA. It sounds absolutely amazing, just loud.

touchmyjagee Nov 10, 2005 06:24 AM

wow, thanks for the heads up xenoturkey!

i am now leaning more towards the fujitsubo group buy, but if anyone else can give me some more info about fujitsubo or espelir, that would be great.

coco Nov 10, 2005 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by simevo
With stock cat, the Espelir is fine on the highway or the street. But with a high-flow cat, I've noticed that my ears gets clogged like I'm on an airplane especially with the windows down.

Is this with or without the baffle on? I hardly do long distance driving so I would probably not put the baffle on, though in the few occassions where I will be going to LA and travelling highway 5, I would put the baffle on.

nutrulz Nov 10, 2005 10:21 AM

You know the saying, "If it's too loud, then you're too old."

Karash Nov 10, 2005 12:53 PM

Ive run a Espelir for 2 years on my 2003 (before I traded it in for my 05), and its louder than stock, but definately not ricey. I had numerous comments on how mean my car sounded. I believe there is a video somewhere around here (do a search) that gives you a sound demonstration.

On the 2005, I havent decided on going with Fujitsubo or Espelir again. Both are quality peices, and I think you would be happy with either.

littleredEVO Nov 10, 2005 12:59 PM

my espelir is great it is loud though, but i am cat-less with cams. if you want something quiet get the rsr exmag that is a very quiet exhaust.

jeff

coco Nov 10, 2005 01:44 PM

I would not mind louder then normal, or a more agressive tone, but dont want something annoying for freeway cruising.

For the people who mention noise in the Espelir, is the baffle on or off? Thanks

PurgeIt Nov 10, 2005 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by touchmyjagee
hey guys, as the title thread says, im deciding which set-up i should go with.

for around $800, i can buy the espelir jgt500 exhaust, espelir downpipe, and a testpipe.

for $695 + shipping, i can sign up for the fujitsubo legalis r catback groupbuy.

ive finally saved up money to buy an exhaust, but im not sure which set-up to go with. people with the fujitsubo say its an amazing piece that nearly sounds stock, and even with a downpipe and testpipe, it still sounds quiet. best of all, it does not drone at all.
as for the espelir, it has a great deep, tone sound. its a few db's louder than stock, but once you put on the downpipe and testpipe, it gets significantly louder. plus the espelir drones on the highway.
i believe both exhausts have significant performance gains, and both look quite aggressive with the angled exit look. for people who have espelir or fujitsubo, can you guys tell me your experiences with your tbe/catback exhaust?

Well, considering you live in Cerritos & Irvine (damn the Cerritos Sheriffs and the crazy Nazi fascist Irvine police) and how anal some of the cops in Southern Cali are, I think the Fujitsubo is a better bet. Might as well be safe than sorry to begin with. I'm running a HKS Hiper anniversary exhaust, but seriously considering switching to the RMR or Fujitsubo for sound. One ticket is too many, IMHO, for just a stinkin exhaust.

Nice ID by the way... ahahah... touch my cack...

simevo Nov 11, 2005 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by coco
Is this with or without the baffle on? I hardly do long distance driving so I would probably not put the baffle on, though in the few occassions where I will be going to LA and travelling highway 5, I would put the baffle on.

It's without the baffle (silencer). But if you put the baffle on, it's very quiet.