EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   evolution transfer case problem (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/170305-evolution-transfer-case-problem.html)

bilz Nov 19, 2005 01:00 PM

evolution transfer case problem

I am having problems with my center diff of evo 7.This is the second time i broke my Center diff.Can somebody help me out.
Is there a upgraded center diff and where can i find it.
And also i heard that jun does make it any 1 know the price?
Please help me out !!!

use2vtec Nov 19, 2005 02:51 PM

Everyone says that Jon at TRE is really good. i believe there is a upgraded spider gear for the transfer case. www.teamrip.coom

HMSevo8 Nov 19, 2005 03:07 PM

Jon at TRE is amazing. His t-case is rock solid. I haven't had any issues with it at all, great shop, shipped when promised, fair pricing.

smokedmustang Nov 19, 2005 03:12 PM

Jon at TRE, or GEARS as screenname. I have it, cant break it, AWESOME call him!

QAT-R Nov 19, 2005 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
I have it, cant break it

Thats saying alot coming from this guy

J/K

I went with Jon as well {thumbup}

smokedmustang Nov 19, 2005 03:51 PM

You are correctQAT-R! I have my car on the lift so much, they painted it the color of my car!!!

Rcebowl Nov 19, 2005 07:20 PM

hey smokedmustang... just wondering.. which TC of theirs do you have... it with the FORGED SPIDER GEARSET FRONT DIFFERENTIAL... or with the MITSUBISHI-RALLIART LIMITED SLIP FRONT DIFFERENTIAL?

OAT-R ... same question??

cpdevo31 Nov 19, 2005 08:57 PM

i have the forged spider gears and love it! also had them rework my transmission while the car was down. great shop, and awesome turn around time!

QAT-R Nov 19, 2005 09:12 PM

I've got the ralliart LSD + reworked tranny. So far so good, I've got about 1500 miles on them.

EVOla_VIRUS Nov 19, 2005 09:55 PM

Ralliart LSD here....outstanding workmanship on the part of TRE!

trinydex Nov 19, 2005 10:02 PM

how do you break a center diff... it's a vcd... i don't think you can break that... don't you mean front diff?

Rcebowl Nov 20, 2005 01:06 AM

soo what is the difference in performance between the spider gears and an LSD???

also i know this is dumb question... but on the teamprip website.. they talk about TSB .. what's that?

trinydex Nov 20, 2005 02:43 AM

welded spider gears don't give you any choice... both wheels are tied together all the time. it's strong... but if you like to turn left and right every once in a while without hopping and skipping a diff is much better.

smokedmustang Nov 20, 2005 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Rcebowl
hey smokedmustang... just wondering.. which TC of theirs do you have... it with the FORGED SPIDER GEARSET FRONT DIFFERENTIAL... or with the MITSUBISHI-RALLIART LIMITED SLIP FRONT DIFFERENTIAL?

OAT-R ... same question??

I don't have the Ralliart one, I have the one with the forged spider gears!

Rcebowl Nov 20, 2005 09:19 AM

ooo word... thanx...
well soo not many people use the Ralliart diff huh??
anyone know if it take some good beatings??

also any answer to what a TSB is? sorry =P