EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   2nd coke can test on downpipe (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/199620-2nd-coke-can-test-downpipe.html)

BoostMonster May 6, 2006 04:55 PM

2nd coke can test on downpipe

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics we took of a BUSCHUR and the WORKS downpipes. We also tested the B&B and MEAGAN RACING pipes and they pass the test. To get a good point to whos stuff is better flowing!! As you can see the Buschur does not pass the original beer can test at all!! The guy who bought this buschur downpipe, bought it because everyone on this board told him the buschur TBE was the best on the market. After seeing this comparison I think hes was quite disturbed with his purchase.

We also tested the works o2 housing and stock o2 housing with the coke can test.
You can see from the pictures the results of this test.

Thanks for your time 418 RACING. {thumbup}

anjapower May 6, 2006 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by BoostMonster
Here are some pics we took of a BUSCHUR and the WORKS downpipes. We also tested the B&B and MEAGAN RACING pipes and they pass the test. To get a good point to whos stuff is better flowing!! As you can see the Buschur does not pass the original beer can test at all!! The guy who bought this buschur downpipe, bought it because everyone on this board told him the buschur TBE was the best on the market. After seeing this comparison I think hes was quite disturbed with his purchase.

We also tested the works o2 housing and stock o2 housing with the coke can test.
You can see from the pictures the results of this test.

Thanks for your time 418 RACING. {thumbup}

How ironic! Al's patented power test backfires on his favorite performance parts!

4-BNGR May 6, 2006 04:59 PM

I'm not gonna fall for the banana is the tail pipe trick - Beverly Hills Cop

4-BNGR May 6, 2006 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by anjapower
How ironic! Al's patented power test backfires on his favorite performance parts!

Al makes $ from refering his customers to buy Buschur parts, correct?

EvoDan2004 May 6, 2006 05:03 PM

i see a works o2 housing who is that other one. i got the works one and winder y it is not divided like the other one. dose it mater. is it needed. the world may never know.

EvoDan2004 May 6, 2006 05:04 PM

oops nm. stock and works. lol.

EvoDan2004 May 6, 2006 05:05 PM

i also have that d/p. and i only have 1 word for it. its is awsome. ok 3 words. its that good.

anjapower May 6, 2006 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by 4-BNGR

I don't think so.

nhsean69 May 6, 2006 05:06 PM

Just because it isnt as big or doesnt fit a can in it doesnt mean its junk. There is a lot more to exhaust like craftsmenship and quality also. I dont think you can make a rational judgment on which to buy based on this simple test. It is nice to see the differance but you should compare the ENTIRE exhuast before you start claiming one is better then the other. just my opinion.

4-BNGR May 6, 2006 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by anjapower
I don't think so.

I wonder why he tells everyone he tunes that they need a Buschur exhaust (to get rid of knock caused by backpressure in the exhaust system) ;)

anjapower May 6, 2006 05:10 PM

I wonder why he tells everyone he tunes that they need a Buschur exhaust (to get rid of knock caused by backpressure in the exhaust system) ;)

Al will tell you because they're the best but the real reason seems quite transparent...it is more of a "i'll rub yours if you rub mine" type of deal.

BoostMonster May 6, 2006 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by nhsean69
Just because it isnt as big or doesnt fit a can in it doesnt mean its junk. There is a lot more to exhaust like craftsmenship and quality also. I dont think you can make a rational judgment on which to buy based on this simple test. It is nice to see the differance but you should compare the ENTIRE exhuast before you start claiming one is better then the other. just my opinion.

You are exactly right. However the new downpipe that he put on fit much better and didnt interfer with the lower arm bars. The Buschur dp hit the front lower arm bar and the new B&B downpipe that he put on clears both. The WORKS also clears all the bars. On top of that the inlet to the Buschur DP is MUCH smaller and not coated like the works ones. Plus the Buschur DP doesnt use a gasket at the O2 housing outlet. It was leaking like a SOB, when we took it off. This guy is much happer with the new downpipe. So you get better fitment and better flow with other downpipes. If this is the case, then why does everyone on this board claim the Buschur TBE is the best you can buy?

418 Racing {thumbup}

anjapower May 6, 2006 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by BoostMonster
You are exactly right. However the new downpipe that he put on fit much better and didnt interfer with the lower arm bars. The Buschur dp hit the front lower arm bar and the new B&B downpipe that he put on clears both. The WORKS also clears all the bars. On top of that the inlet to the Buschur DP is MUCH smaller and not coated like the works ones. Plus the Buschur DP doesnt use a gasket at the O2 housing outlet. It was leaking like a SOB, when we took it off. This guy is much happer with the new downpipe. So you get better fitment and better flow with other downpipes. If this is the case, then why does everyone on this board claim the Buschur TBE is the best you can buy?

418 Racing {thumbup}

sheep mentality.

4-BNGR May 6, 2006 05:16 PM

No, no. AMS is best :banghead:

Maximum Boost May 6, 2006 05:18 PM

Yes, you are right...how ironic is that!!! :lol: :lol: