EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   p0335 and p0340 help (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/302778-p0335-p0340-help.html)

evilevo22 Oct 20, 2007 01:53 PM

p0335 and p0340 help

hey i have an 05 mr with bolt ons and cams. i went to get a tune only to find out i cant be tuned because my car would go way to rich. So we inspected the car but couldnt find anything wrong. Ran the cel codes and there was a p0335 and p0340 code saying circut malfunction both codes were there twice. i replaced my cam position sensore hoping that was it but it wasnt.

whats wrong with my car any ideas?
update

i changed both the sensors and the codes are still there.

they both say sensor A circut malfunction

Hotness Oct 20, 2007 04:31 PM

I have never even heard of that...bump for an interesting problem...

bigric09 Oct 20, 2007 04:33 PM

probably moisture inside the CPS/CAS or Crank Position sensor.... clear the codes and see if they come back

evilevo22 Oct 20, 2007 10:37 PM

i cleared them and i already reaplaced the cam position sensor. But the codes are still there.

should i try the crank sensor now?

bigric09 Oct 20, 2007 11:28 PM

good luck with that one lol... it is a pain. Id actually check your timing as well... you may have jumped a tooth or 2 on the belt. Then check the crank sensor connection behind the VC and then the sensor.... best of luck, it really sucks

evilevo22 Oct 21, 2007 12:17 AM

my timing been checked twice now and they said its on.

is there a how to how to get to the crank sensor

bigric09 Oct 21, 2007 07:06 AM

not that ive seen... you've basically got to do a timing belt change, without changing the belt.... to even look at the sensor... You may be able to take the sensor out without taking off the belt, but in order to route it correctly, you have to remove the power steering assembly from its home, take off the bracket and then you can route the cable.

evilevo22 Oct 21, 2007 03:02 PM

if its not the crank sensor what else could it be i wanna try to get this fixed in one shot i need my car back.

bigric09 Oct 21, 2007 04:41 PM

thats it with those codes.... you could check your cam bolt on the battery side and make sure that the ring is seated properly and isnt hitting the CPS as well as the bolt is still in the cam and nothing is wrong. We recently had a car here doing the same thing your is doing... kept throwing those codes, swapped out everything with no luck. Pulled the exhaust cam out only to find that the end of the cam had broken off from the actual cam and was just sitting there and not spinning so the CPS was reading a stationary cam

evilevo22 Oct 21, 2007 10:58 PM

ok well hopefully i fugure it out ill keep you posted

if there is any other suggestions just let me know

evilevo22 Oct 25, 2007 04:13 PM

bump any other ideas

evilevo22 Oct 27, 2007 02:44 AM

well im taking my car to mitsu to see whats wrong ill let you know what they say

evilevo22 Oct 29, 2007 10:38 PM

i got my car from mitsu and all they did was read the codes i already knew were there and told me it would be 750$ just to look at the car.

i just laughed and would rather deal with it myself then pay that kind of money.

im going to order a crank position sensor.

they told me to go through and check the voltages in the sensors. Where can i find what voltage the sensors are suppsed to be.

bigric09 Oct 30, 2007 07:13 AM

i believe it is 5v at the harness on the back side of the valve cover... i forget which pins off hand, but if you check in the manual that everyone has, its in there.

evilevo22 Oct 30, 2007 12:45 PM

ok thanks

you check it at the ecu pins if so its 88 and 89

i ordered the part but they said its a crank angle sensor just wanna make sure i ordered the right part.