EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Buschur vs AMS racing battery? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/313397-buschur-vs-ams-racing-battery.html)

Nomad4g63 Dec 14, 2007 04:12 PM

Buschur vs AMS racing battery?

Which battery is better? are they both the same? Post Specs? experience?

justboosted02 Dec 14, 2007 04:37 PM

IBthey'rethesame

RoadSpike Dec 14, 2007 04:56 PM

I have the BR battery been working great but I'm still leery of it being so small sometimes. This car is my DD and sometimes I sense the battery is slightly weaker but it has never failed to start.

Fitment was a snap.

Nomad4g63 Dec 14, 2007 05:19 PM

alot of people tell me if u install and feel it weak just use capacitor and you'll be fine

95PGTTech Dec 14, 2007 05:36 PM

now we're e-racing batteries? perhaps we could get representatives of each company to come in here and show dyno graphs of their batteries on load testing CCA dynos?

seriously, it's hard enough for both competing companies to show respect to each other on here and keep their tongues bit about each other and not try and show they're the best at everything; cut this useless crap out - a small battery kit is a small battery kit - you know you're going to get quality product and service from both companies

Gusl Dec 14, 2007 06:22 PM

your kidding right?

Originally Posted by Shot of Boost (Post 5057318)
Which battery is better? are they both the same? Post Specs? experience?

wizzo 8 Dec 14, 2007 06:36 PM

I have a braille 15lb battery and even here in the cold Chicago weather its been holding up. I tested the small battery stronger than the stock battery. The only bad thing is the small battery doesnt have a long reserve capacity. This means you cant listen to your radio long without the engine running for a long time or the battery will go dead.

evohang Dec 14, 2007 06:40 PM

PPI small battery FTW but i wouldnt mind the buschur or AMS's either

Blue Evo 8 Dec 14, 2007 07:06 PM

I'm using the AMS battery kit here, so far no problems

Paul Nelson Dec 14, 2007 07:07 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Originally Posted by Gusl (Post 5057664)
your kidding right?

Evoryder Dec 14, 2007 07:09 PM

I don't think they make batteries. I think they sell the same one with their own badging on it...

Paul Nelson Dec 14, 2007 07:12 PM

They all sell the same battery guys
Odessy :beer:Ive had a few drinks so i could have spelled that wrong

Brian Dec 14, 2007 08:43 PM

Only difference I could think of: http://www.amsperformance.com/store/...oducts_id=1663

Edit; actually that appears it would work with both batteries. NVM.

Ivan@AMS Dec 14, 2007 08:52 PM

Actually they are the AMS and BR batteries are different.

BR uses a physically stronger battery (ie the internals are more beefy) at the sacrifice of some CCA (cold cranking amps)

AMS uses an electrically stronger battery (more CCA) at the sacrifice of some resistance to abuse (vibration and shock)

Both work well but require a bit more attention than a full size battery. They do not do well when a car is stored for a long period of time without being run. Once fully discharged, they will only take about an 80% charge after that.

Rmeister007 Oct 12, 2011 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ivan@AMS (Post 5057950)
Actually they are the AMS and BR batteries are different.

BR uses a physically stronger battery (ie the internals are more beefy) at the sacrifice of some CCA (cold cranking amps)

AMS uses an electrically stronger battery (more CCA) at the sacrifice of some resistance to abuse (vibration and shock)

Both work well but require a bit more attention than a full size battery. They do not do well when a car is stored for a long period of time without being run. Once fully discharged, they will only take about an 80% charge after that.

What about Braille batteries in comparison?