EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Full-Race Hypertune Intake Manifold Dyno Chart!?! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/316250-full-race-hypertune-intake-manifold-dyno-chart.html)

Faust Jan 2, 2008 05:26 AM

Full-Race Hypertune Intake Manifold Dyno Chart!?!

OK Guys, With all the talk of Intake Manifolds going on right now, I have been trying to research some on my own. One that I have been really interested in (b/c I want it for myself) is the Hypertune IM sold by Full-Race here in the States.

Some of the great things about this mani is that it has provisions for the factory MAP and air temp sensors, along with a fitting for the factory Mitsubishi idle speed controller.

On the Euro-Evo Forums I was directed to this site pertaining to the Hypertune Intake Manifold.

http://www.aatuae.com/hypertune.htm

http://www.aatuae.com/images/Hypertu...tdModified.jpg

Can someone explain to me why that Dyno Graph looks the way it does? I'm really confused how the only thing this amazing work of art did was shift the powerband and not really provide any greater Peak WHP and TRQ.

Thanks for any help anybody can provide...I'm just trying to make the best educated decision on such an expensive purchase. Thanks again.

EvoTech Jan 2, 2008 05:59 AM

That is a really impressive shift in the curve. I don't believe it until an independent shop is able to replicate the results. Also some of the claims on their site are just plain wrong.

the standard intake manifold which, pardon the pun runs out of puff very quickly. While designed to work extremely well with the stock turbocharger,at high power outputs un-even air distribution and throttle body size becomes a real limiting factor.
I think that Buschur has proved otherwise by getting into the 9's on a stock ported intake. Paul (ifarted) should get them to send him one for his upcoming intake tests.

scherejs Jan 2, 2008 06:02 AM

Unless I'm looking at it wrong it offered 34 lb-ft more of peak torque. It also added about 90 lb-ft more at 4000 rpm. That's quite a bit.

tkklemann Jan 2, 2008 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Faust (Post 5108701)
Some of the great things about this mani is that it has provisions for the factory MAP and air temp sensors, along with a fitting for the factory Mitsubishi idle speed controller.

The Factory idle speed controller doesn't mount onto the Intake Manifold, it's on the throttle body. :confused: Does this intake manifold come with a TB or something?

Faust Jan 2, 2008 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by tkklemann (Post 5108759)
The Factory idle speed controller doesn't mount onto the Intake Manifold, it's on the throttle body. :confused: Does this intake manifold come with a TB or something?

Yes, there is an option for a 75mm or 85mm Throttle Body to be purchased with the IM.

Faust Jan 2, 2008 08:00 AM

^^BUMP^^

fimotorsports Jan 2, 2008 09:07 AM

I have seen that manifold in person, it is designed very well.

That dyno graph looks funky... it looks like a different turbo was put on it

Faust Jan 2, 2008 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by fimotorsports (Post 5109327)

Yeah, That's what I'm saying...That Dyno graph just doesn't make much sense to me...

Geoff Raicer Jan 2, 2008 02:51 PM

hah thats funny you found this. i had heard about the test, they were all excited. i asked them to send the dyno plot but never got it. i honestly have no idea how accurate it is, but i know those guys are selling a lot of them. we have some in stock now, pretty rare that we do.

Faust Jan 2, 2008 03:53 PM

Geoff, So what do you think about that Dyno Graph. It shows no gain in Peak Horse Power but a 30+ gain in Torque. Is this typical? I just don't get how there isn't one extra HP in the end. Thanks for any thoughts you can provide...

robertrinaustin Jan 2, 2008 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Faust (Post 5111022)
Geoff, So what do you think about that Dyno Graph. It shows no gain in Peak Horse Power but a 30+ gain in Torque. Is this typical? I just don't get how there isn't one extra HP in the end. Thanks for any thoughts you can provide...

It looks like something else is the limiting factor up top. The mani is worth 30-50 whp and lb ft until 5500 rpm at which point the gap narrows. I'd bet something else is holding back power up top. I wonder what turbo they have and what the rest of the mods are.

Ted B Jan 2, 2008 05:12 PM

That would be my assessment as well.

Faust Jan 2, 2008 05:24 PM

So you guys think this manifold is good for at least some top end power, not just a shift in the power band?

MR Jan 3, 2008 03:43 AM

looks like a JUN intake replica to me....just my take..

NewCalEvo Jan 7, 2008 03:53 PM

the JUN one is much much bigger.

Faust Jan 7, 2008 04:24 PM

Well, Hopefully I should be getting one here shortly and I will have it Dyno Tested for you guys on an everyday car (408 whp 50 trim Turbo) to get some ideas of what you should expect! It's such a Beautiful work of ART!{thumbup}

EvoTech Jan 7, 2008 04:28 PM

Faust,

Please keep us posted on this. We have very simialr setups and I would love to see your results. Hell I'll even drive down to CBRD to see this. Any idea of when you are going to do it. I am doing my own testing in Maryland in a few weeks.

CBRD Jan 7, 2008 05:43 PM

403whp joe ;)

but the jun ix cams, headwork, and MAYBE an intake mani should get us closer to 450 ;)

cb

Faust Jan 7, 2008 09:24 PM

OK, It's confirmed. We are getting one and will hopefully have it installed very soon. I'll keep you guys updated!

EvoTech Jan 8, 2008 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Faust (Post 5130175)
OK, It's confirmed. We are getting one and will hopefully have it installed very soon. I'll keep you guys updated!

At the same time as Jun cams and a new built head? That would certainly throw off the testing a bit. Ah well, good luck.

James@DSR Jan 8, 2008 04:22 AM

Can't wait to see the results faust

James

Faust Jan 8, 2008 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by EvoTech (Post 5130670)
At the same time as Jun cams and a new built head? That would certainly throw off the testing a bit. Ah well, good luck.

:rolleyes: Yeah, We're going to install all of that and a 2.3 stroker as well as a turbine jet engine too. No we're not going to install all that at once. We are testing the Complete Full Race Intake Manifold set up and then once we get the results adding JUN Cams and then doing the head...Or doing the Head and then adding the JUN Cams.

We are certainly capable of knowing how to test products without skewing the results by adding other parts as well. As a matter of fact Chad will Install the Manifold and test it untuned to show what to expect out of the box. Then if he need's to (he will) He'll tune it and show the results from that as well.

Cool?{thumbup}

CBRD Jan 8, 2008 06:36 AM

yeah,

i will install it now, as the car sits, to compare against the stock ported intake mani and tbody.....

cb

EvoIXMR Jan 8, 2008 09:25 PM

Does this IM require IC pipe mods like the AMS VSR does?

Faust Jan 8, 2008 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by EvoIXMR (Post 5134624)
Does this IM require IC pipe mods like the AMS VSR does?

Yes, it will. But the great thing is you won't get any CEL with this IM. Stay Tuned!

dxbevo9 Jan 8, 2008 11:58 PM

i have seen this intake manifold on every evo around...
AAT (the link attached) is a local garage..and to tell you the truth i do not like this I.M....i have seen/heard of 2 or 3 of them leaking and busting a weld..
i heard two different stories about the origin of this mani..
1- it is made in thailand(or somewhere in asia iirc)
2- it is originally autralian..

anyhow..i did not like it..thus i opted for the AMS VSR..(which btw) has a fix for the cel...and i have gain about 40 hp up top from this mod as is...i like proven power..and i like good looks under my hood from the polished intake mani.

on another note... i used my Greddy Upper intercooler pipe with my AMS..it did not require any kind of fabrication..i just needed/wanted to get a smaller battery...NOT a mini battery...just a smaller size battery..i will post pics when i get a chance.

just my .0000002..

good luck with the testing and please do keep us posted.

dxbevo9 Jan 9, 2008 12:00 AM

ooh by the way..i am still on stock turbo and stock internals...
therefore i think the gains would be much much more noticable on a bigger size turbo

Wicked E Jan 9, 2008 12:03 AM

As far as I know, Full-Race is in Arizona and thus is an American company. They as far as I know, make ALL of their products in-house. I don't know where you got the idea that they were Thailand/Australian products.

I gotta hit up Javier from Full-Race and get the full scoop... He's a good friend...

Cheers-
E

dxbevo9 Jan 9, 2008 12:14 AM

the one we have locally is not called Full-Race Hypertune..its only called (Hyper-tune)

i am not bashing any company...as a matter of fact i love and trust full-race products...
i just wanted to share my experience...since the company (AAT) is the only dealer for Hypertune in my area.

please do keep us posted however

weap0n Jan 9, 2008 12:17 AM

Being Australian I can vouch that this IM is made in Australia. Hypertune is an Australian Fabricating company who specialize in IM and other work. They are well known here from the IM for GTR's and other Nissan cars. They recently began producing parts for EVO's.

I would like to known how this IM it performs too.

I'll keep watching this thread.

Wicked E Jan 9, 2008 12:20 AM

I think there's confusion here...

Full-Race is an American company that must be calling their IM the Hypertune...

Then you guys overseas have a company called HyperTune. I believe these are 2 VERY different companies and ultimately IMs.

They are not even in the same battleground.

:dunno:

fbikawi Jan 9, 2008 12:21 AM

i dont trust any dyno graph from this shop. i know many customers dealing with them but the dyno sheets they produce is over rated.

i dont beleive in changing Mani until a very serious level of power, but i know some guys whom using the same Mani and they are happy.

the problem is when they install the Mani they also modify other things so you dont know if its is the effect of the Mani or the overall.

dxbevo9 Jan 9, 2008 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by weap0n (Post 5134923)
Being Australian I can vouch that this IM is made in Australia. Hypertune is an Australian Fabricating company who specialize in IM and other work. They are well known here from the IM for GTR's and other Nissan cars. They recently began producing parts for EVO's.

I would like to known how this IM it performs too.

I'll keep watching this thread.

thanks for clarifying and confirming my info weap0n!!{thumbup}

dxbevo9 Jan 9, 2008 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Wicked E (Post 5134928)
I think there's confusion here...

Full-Race is an American company that must be calling their IM the Hypertune...

Then you guys overseas have a company called HyperTune. I believe these are 2 VERY different companies and ultimately IMs.

They are not even in the same battleground.

:dunno:

maybe its the other way around...
maybe Full-race is buying the manifolds from hypertune and selling them under Full-race Hypertune name in the states..i dont know really:confused:

Wicked E Jan 9, 2008 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by dxbevo9 (Post 5134943)
maybe its the other way around...
maybe Full-race is buying the manifolds from hypertune and selling them under Full-race Hypertune name in the states..i dont know really:confused:

I doubt that very much... I know for a fact Full-Race does not re-badge their good name on other's parts. They make ALL of their products in house with the exception of turbos.

dxbevo9 Jan 9, 2008 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Wicked E (Post 5134947)
I doubt that very much... I know for a fact Full-Race does not re-badge their good name on other's parts. They make ALL of their products in house with the exception of turbos.

possible...

anyhow we'll find out sooner or later :D

have a good day!

Faust Jan 9, 2008 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Wicked E (Post 5134947)

Then you would be wrong. Full-Race Imports the HyperTune Intake Manifold from Australia. Plain and Simple. HyperTune is an Australian company as previously stated. These Intake Manifolds are one and the same. They are manufactured in Australia.

dxbevo9: In all of my research I've never come across anything about these manifolds busting welds, leaking and, what not. Please provide references when you post such things. Let's keep the hearsay to a minimum.

Hopefully this mod will provide a substantial increase. That's what testing is for. If not, I've got a sweet-A$$ paper weight!

dxbevo9 Jan 9, 2008 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Faust (Post 5134961)
Then you would be wrong. Full-Race Imports the HyperTune Intake Manifold from Australia. Plain and Simple. HyperTune is an Australian company as previously stated. These Intake Manifolds are one and the same. They are manufactured in Australia.

dxbevo9: In all of my research I've never come across anything about these manifolds busting welds, leaking and, what not. Please provide references when you post such things. Let's keep the hearsay to a minimum.

Hopefully this mod will provide a substantial increase. That's what testing is for. If not, I've got a sweet-A$$ paper weight!

i do not have proof..sorry...
i also do not have any reason to give negative feedback..i have not used this manifold...nor have i installed it on any car..however i have seen it being used..and it is my opinion to decide if i like it or not..and point is I DO NOT...the only reason being is that i have seen it fail..

lets not turn this into a "what i like is better than what you like ..." thread...please continue with your testing and benefit the public..be the results positive or negative..

good luck...and your effort to do the testing is appreciated {thumbup}

Moosa

MR Jan 9, 2008 12:55 AM

so it is a smaller version of JUN replica...hehehe...:D

Originally Posted by NewCalEvo (Post 5129047)
the JUN one is much much bigger.

dxbevo9 Jan 9, 2008 01:44 AM

it looks exactly like junes...however i dont know the size difference..i have never seen the jun IM except in pictures..

EvoDan2004 Jan 9, 2008 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by dxbevo9 (Post 5135011)
it looks exactly like junes...however i dont know the size difference..i have never seen the jun IM except in pictures..

i never even seen it in pictures. HAHHA UR LUCKY

EvoTech Jan 9, 2008 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Faust (Post 5130741)
:rolleyes: Yeah, We're going to install all of that and a 2.3 stroker as well as a turbine jet engine too. No we're not going to install all that at once. We are testing the Complete Full Race Intake Manifold set up and then once we get the results adding JUN Cams and then doing the head...Or doing the Head and then adding the JUN Cams.

We are certainly capable of knowing how to test products without skewing the results by adding other parts as well. As a matter of fact Chad will Install the Manifold and test it untuned to show what to expect out of the box. Then if he need's to (he will) He'll tune it and show the results from that as well.

Cool?{thumbup}

That is great. Listen, I did not mean to imply that you did not know how to test parts. It is simple economics. Most of us don't have the money to spend to on all that dyno time to provide good objective data and we are forced to bolt it all up and go for broke. If you have the resources to do this than GREAT! It will provide some really good data. I am thrilled to hear this. Good luck and keep us posted. I was also assuming that you were a customer of Chad, now I notice in your sig that you are in York and the link to CBRD. Do you work there?

{thumbup}

Faust Jan 9, 2008 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by EvoTech (Post 5135090)
That is great. Listen, I did not mean to imply that you did not know how to test parts. It is simple economics. Most of us don't have the money to spend to on all that dyno time to provide good objective data and we are forced to bolt it all up and go for broke. If you have the resources to do this than GREAT! It will provide some really good data. I am thrilled to hear this. Good luck and keep us posted. I was also assuming that you were a customer of Chad, now I notice in your sig that you are in York and the link to CBRD. Do you work there?

{thumbup}

No, You are correct. I am just a really good customer. Chad is being kind and willing to run the test for all of the forum to see if this particular manifold will provide any gains or not.

Then HE is going to either install the JUN Cams and/or Fully Built Head. WE haven't decide which one will go first or if at the same time. These mods have nothing to do with the Hypertune Manifold Testing, what so ever. Cool.{thumbup}

DTM Jan 9, 2008 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by tkklemann (Post 5108759)

It seems to mount on the Manifold in this case.

4G63DSM Jan 9, 2008 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by fimotorsports (Post 5109327)

perhaps, tested in two different gears? started at different speeds??

9sec9 Jan 9, 2008 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Faust (Post 5135146)
No, You are correct. I am just a really good customer. Chad is being kind and willing to run the test for all of the forum to see if this particular manifold will provide any gains or not.

Then HE is going to either install the JUN Cams and/or Fully Built Head. WE haven't decide which one will go first or if at the same time. These mods have nothing to do with the Hypertune Manifold Testing, what so ever. Cool.{thumbup}

Faust, I always applaud anyone doing good testing. More than likely, the logical test sequence should be head first (since that is not a part readily and normally changed out), tested. Then cams, tested. Then, since you really want to know how the manifold will compare to the original, the manifold would be changed and tested. That way you'll have a head to ported head difference. Then the additional increase that the cams bring to the table. Then finally, the increase of 'all of the previous changes with the stock manifold' vs the new intake manifold. If all goes according to plan, each step should show an increase. Anyway, my opinion and good luck with the testing.

9sec9 Jan 9, 2008 08:25 AM

One final thought, If head and cams are changed at the same time, you might be able to determine approximate gains from head alone by looking at my previous tests doing the exact same things. We changed the stock head for ported head (with HKS in both cases) and re-dyno'd, giving just ported head difference. Then retested with the JUN 272's. Those results may suffice for one step of your tests, or it would be interesting to see if you have the same differences that we saw. Again, good luck.

NewCalEvo Jan 9, 2008 01:24 PM

here's my JUN, try to get some pics of a hypertune in an engine bay and compare the size of the stuff. Basicaly my IM is 1mm from the ABS block on the left , and the 90° 3" elbow going out of the TB almost rubs the Brake MC.
http://web.mls.nc/ift/mani.JPG
http://web.mls.nc/ift/mani2.JPG
http://web.mls.nc/ift/mani3.JPG
http://web.mls.nc/ift/mani4.JPG

NewCalEvo Jan 9, 2008 03:57 PM

About the Hypertune / Full race debate, where the manifold is manufactured, etc , looks like they just have a trade agreement , wich is cool anyway, both countries get the good stuff !
Taken from High Performance Imports magasine N°78.

This is a phone camera picture sorry ! ;)
http://web.mls.nc/ift/DSC00160.JPG

Faust Jan 9, 2008 04:11 PM

NewCalEvo, Good looking out. You have a beautiful Inlet Manifold!

NewCalEvo Jan 9, 2008 04:23 PM

the manifold is actually bubble wrapped , waiting to be fitted back on the engine , with the TB out , if you want some more pictures , just ask. It looks like it's a rare piece, I was just luck to get one myself. got a couple of rare parts it seems ;)

David Buschur Jan 9, 2008 04:37 PM

Good luck on the testing, looking forward to what it will do. The only back to back testing I did with a sheetmetal intake showed losses of about 35 ft lbs and HP in the midrange and never made it back up on the top end. This was tested on a stock turbo and GT35r, so I wish you luck.

I contacted Jun about one of theirs but the price was more than I was willing to pay to try it.

There's a few out there that seem promising, I'd like to do some testing too but don't want to get involved in a test now with Paul doing it.

My ported stocker with our 65 mm throttle body has done awfully good so far, 9.65 at 151 mph.

Good luck.

CBRD Jan 9, 2008 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur (Post 5137757)
Good luck on the testing, looking forward to what it will do. The only back to back testing I did with a sheetmetal intake showed losses of about 35 ft lbs and HP in the midrange and never made it back up on the top end. This was tested on a stock turbo and GT35r, so I wish you luck.

I contacted Jun about one of theirs but the price was more than I was willing to pay to try it.

There's a few out there that seem promising, I'd like to do some testing too but don't want to get involved in a test now with Paul doing it.

My ported stocker with our 65 mm throttle body has done awfully good so far, 9.65 at 151 mph.

Good luck.

Dave,

I also like ported stockers with ported tbody, thats what we use on our shop car also.

we will get charts with AFR, boost, etc... ill also post logs from the ecu with map sensor readings so we can see how it affects boost.

cb

godmiller10 Jan 9, 2008 05:52 PM

sweet

godmiller10 Jan 9, 2008 06:02 PM

faust is that your blue evo sitting in cbrd? If it is it looks bad ass

CBRD Jan 9, 2008 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by godmiller10 (Post 5138019)
faust is that your blue evo sitting in cbrd? If it is it looks bad ass

yes it is his,

its a NICE car...

basically our shop evo IX, it rarely leaves..

cb

2k4EvoVIII Jan 9, 2008 06:51 PM

The Hypertune Manifold is a great looking manifold. I talked to them and basically what you see is what you get though. There are no options for dual fuel rails or added bungs or anything. Those are some crazy improvements though

Anybody notice those tests were done 3 days apart so of course weather could have made a difference but thats a big one!

Chris

Faust Jan 15, 2008 09:00 PM

Complete Hypertune Set up will be here on Monday! Boo-Yah! Thanks Full-Race!

Blue Evo 8 Jan 15, 2008 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur (Post 5137757)

Good luck.

and thats why I bought a spare OEM EVO 8 intake mani and T-body and sent it out to you....

cant wait to install it. {thumbup}

phat Jan 21, 2008 06:52 PM

You can see pics of the plenum installed in a car on their web site.
www.hypertune.net

David Buschur Jan 22, 2008 04:09 PM

Not to steal any glory away here but there is a Hypertune intake/throttle body on it's way to our shop now for me to test. I spoke with the owner of Hypertune today in Australia and he is a very knowledgable guy. Looking forward to testing it.

DS-03evo Jan 22, 2008 04:44 PM

Did you get the manifold yet?

Faust Jan 22, 2008 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by DS-03evo (Post 5185021)
Did you get the manifold yet?

Yes, I did. :D Dropping it off at CBRD tomorrow. Will post results asap.

Sounds good Dave! Can't wait to see what results we both get.{thumbup}

Cali2MDevo8 Jan 22, 2008 05:49 PM

I'll be up there in the next few days, looking forward to stealing a peak at the manifold.

Your dropping some dough into your car Joe!!!! U big BALLER!!!

Faust Jan 22, 2008 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cali2MDevo8 (Post 5185297)
I'll be up there in the next few days, looking forward to stealing a peak at the manifold.

Your dropping some dough into your car Joe!!!! U big BALLER!!!

You know how it is, I've got to try to keep up with the CBRD Time Attack Car...:D

DS-03evo Jan 23, 2008 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Faust (Post 5185159)
Yes, I did. :D Dropping it off at CBRD tomorrow. Will post results asap.

Sounds good Dave! Can't wait to see what results we both get.{thumbup}

Cool man.{thumbup}

11secEVO7 Feb 20, 2008 08:18 AM

really awaiting results on this...

this'll help me with my purchase..I love the fact that the IAC is retained..

crcain Feb 20, 2008 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by 11secEVO7 (Post 5307535)
really awaiting results on this...

this'll help me with my purchase..I love the fact that the IAC is retained..

I think Dave tested the Hypertune.. it did really well.

11secEVO7 Feb 20, 2008 08:54 AM

really? I better search for that yes.....

Cause the only thing I'm missing now is a IM

Whoop_ass Feb 20, 2008 10:26 AM

ye bump for the results dave or faust???

any news on this unit, how well does it do?

DS-03evo Feb 20, 2008 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Whoop_ass (Post 5308231)
ye bump for the results dave or faust???

any news on this unit, how well does it do?

Dave did a review on the hypertune, it came out on top!!

Geoff Raicer Feb 20, 2008 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by 11secEVO7 (Post 5307734)
Cause the only thing I'm missing now is a IM

we have many of the hypertune intakes in stock :)

wilson1 Feb 20, 2008 12:33 PM

so where are the testing results?

Cali2MDevo8 Feb 20, 2008 06:20 PM

It will be done in the next 2 weeks per Chad. There is another thread started by CBRD about the topic.

Jason

deylag Dec 5, 2013 11:00 PM

Posting up link to results I found here

{thumbup}