EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   2,3 EVO GREEN & GSC.2. cams. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/323275-2-3-evo-green-gsc-2-cams.html)

DREWBY 7 Feb 4, 2008 09:09 PM

2,3 EVO GREEN & GSC.2. cams.

hi . i have only been a member a short while.

as anyone on this site got a 2,3 with an evo green running gsc.2. cams

at the mo my 2,3 with the green runs hks 272.s

thanks {thumbup} :mitsu:

Jameson_IXMR Feb 4, 2008 09:14 PM

If Im not mistaken they are very similarly profiled cams. Shouldnt be too different.

bluebanana23 Feb 4, 2008 09:14 PM

I thought English was the primary language over there...guess not.

MasterNater Feb 4, 2008 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by bluebanana23 (Post 5242561)

^^Way to contribute.

Originally Posted by Jameson_IXMR (Post 5242559)
If Im not mistaken they are very similarly profiled cams. Shouldnt be too different.

Yeah, I don't think you would see a whole lot of change. The S2's are geared more toward bigger turbos that have a lot of breathing room up top. You would probably see some gain on the top end but I don't know if it would be worth buying another set of cams.

gixxerman11 Feb 4, 2008 10:02 PM

^^^ lol

red evo8 Feb 5, 2008 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by bluebanana23 (Post 5242561)

{thumbdwn} cool guy had a bad day at work?

junction Feb 7, 2008 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by DREWBY 7 (Post 5242547)
hi from the uk. i have only been a member a short while.

as anyone on this site got a 2,3 with an evo green running gsc.2. cams

at the mo my 2,3 with the green runs hks 272.s

thanks D {thumbup} :mitsu:

I had an AMS 2.3 stroker with stock ECU and turbo + GSC S2s. It idled terribly, especially in cold/freezing weather. From what I understand standalone woulda fixed that. I think an FP Green + a stand alone would be a good combo.

Do you have a standalone or stock ECU currently?
How do your 272s do currently and why are considering the switch?

tripperfx3 Feb 7, 2008 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by junction (Post 5256972)
I had an AMS 2.3 stroker with stock ECU and turbo + GSC S2s. It idled terribly, especially in cold/freezing weather. From what I understand standalone woulda fixed that. I think an FP Green + a stand alone would be a good combo.

Do you have a standalone or stock ECU currently?
How do your 272s do currently and why are considering the switch?

The S2's are more aggressive, but the HKS 272's ive seen haven't been that bad of an idle even with the stock ECU. I'm guessing you may have had a bad tune. Not trying to put down whoever tuned your car (im on a bad tune right now as well), but it shouldn't have been that bad.

As far as the S2's with a green you'd honestly be better off with the S1's. Like mentioned above the S2's are more for up top while the S1's are for midrange. With a turbo like the green (which is a better midrange turbo) the S1's would be a better bet. Just stick with your HKS's. I've been in a 2.0 with HKS 272's and green and its amazing!

DREWBY 7 Feb 9, 2008 10:47 AM

;;

yes m8 i run an apexy power fc. D jet. with 1,9 bar.

the gs.2.s are coming from a sponsor so trying them i think the gs.1.s would be a small step back. D ;)

stig's_mentor Feb 15, 2008 04:13 AM

to all that r reading this, d (drewby) is a top class mlr sprinter, not only is his car quick, he is a very quick kinda guy :D :cool: :beer:

d keep the hks' mate.

the gsc' aint much different

Honto Feb 15, 2008 04:27 AM

When do you have full boost by with the 272's

DREWBY 7 Feb 15, 2008 09:36 PM

why thanks stiggy nice words, :)

it boosts like the devel. m8, if i go along in 3rd on the flat no boost v v light throtal. at 2 k, no load. & stamp on it, about 3,5 k its at 2 bar, its off like sh|t of a stick.

in 5th it will do 2 bar at about 2,9, but i dont like to do that. i think the torq is about 485 lbs, cheers. D {thumbup} :mitsu: {thumbup} :mitsu:

20Grockit Feb 15, 2008 09:49 PM

aldurl jslau jsk jsrszxd asdfesnm/ 8als42ALr

DREWBY 7 Jul 11, 2008 09:14 PM

:( {thumbdwn}

hokiruu Jul 11, 2008 09:30 PM

this thread is quite entertaining. :lol:
"language barrier" (very abbreviated phonetic dialect code) aside, let's please be a little more patient and hospitable toward our new friends across the pond. their english is very different, and apparently their internet posting habits are too.
drew, what part of the UK are you from? or is it australia?
what fuel do you run in it?
do you have any dyno graphs?
is your green journal or ball bearing?