EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   ACT XTSS vs HDG6 6 Puck (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/345000-act-xtss-vs-hdg6-6-puck.html)

Turbo Kyle May 12, 2008 12:00 PM

ACT XTSS vs HDG6 6 Puck

So, Im debateing on what clutch to get. I am currently running the HDSS witch has done well for me, 25K miles and 150 Launches...its toast now. I also have the Xact Prolite Flywheel .I called ACT on 2 accations...one guy told me I could resurface the pressure plate, he didnt give details. One the second call the guy told me I could resurface the PP. This would require to have a shop take it apart and turn the casting then rebalance it and make sure it was in spec....this seems like a PITA to me. ACT said they do not rebuild pressure plates. The reason I was looking into is because the HDG6 (6 puck sprung hub disk) uses the same HD pressure plate. The guy also told me that if I continued the same driving style the 6 puck would not last as long as a street disk....he recommend the XTSS clutch with the street disk he said I would probably feel little to no diffrence in pedal feel. So my 2 options are >>

The XTSS-
Extreme Duty Pressure plate with street disk > Holds 567 Ft. Lbs smooth engaugement, ACT says it will last longer that the 6 Puck

The HDG6-
Heavy Duty pressure plate with 6 puch sprung hub disk> Holds 651 Foot Lbs. Firm engaugement possibly wont last as long as a Street disk. More wear and tear on the surfaces of the flywheel and pressure plate. Grabs like a MOFO (witch I think I will like)

My goal is to max out a FP Green on E85 and Meth...so Im looking at 500HP to the tire.

Please give me input on these clutchs ONLY if you have experience with them. I would like to know mileage on your car with either clutch.

Please dont post about the Exedy twin disk in my tread. Im not getting it.

Link to ACT Clutch options for the Evo
http://www.advancedclutch.com/produc...d_id=2162#2162

wshihdnevo May 12, 2008 12:25 PM

I have driven both and have the HD w/ sprung 6 puck and though it does suck at first, its not too bad to DD, only on hills does it really blow, but idk how ACT says the street disk will somehow hold more than the HD? :dunno: I will run this until it goes and will switch to an Exedy, but for the money you cant beat this setup for street/strip. {thumbup}

Evoluvin May 12, 2008 12:29 PM

i have the act sprung 6 puck and love it!!! just gto it installed tuesday but i love it so far lol, there i some clutch chatter but not much, definently a good clutch for the money and for the power it can support!!!!!

Turbo Kyle May 12, 2008 12:29 PM

The street holds less...how many miles you got on your clutch....you have the HDG6 correct?

Markley02 May 12, 2008 12:30 PM

I love my XTSS. It is very smooth and holds really good, but with a green on E85 and meth you should have some really good tq numbers and I would feel safer with the HDG6.

My XTSS has 11K miles or so.

Turbo Kyle May 12, 2008 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Evoluvin (Post 5653252)
i have the act sprung 6 puck and love it!!! just gto it installed tuesday but i love it so far lol, there i some clutch chatter but not much, definently a good clutch for the money and for the power it can support!!!!!

Cool thanks...HD presssure plate correct?

Evoluvin May 12, 2008 12:36 PM

yes sir!

wshihdnevo May 12, 2008 12:37 PM

BTW I have over 15k miles on my setup too, no probs whatsoever {thumbup}

Evoluvin May 12, 2008 12:37 PM

and i got a great deal from steve at nrgtech he is on here!

wshihdnevo May 12, 2008 12:44 PM

Bought mine through English Racing {thumbup}

Turbo Kyle May 12, 2008 12:45 PM

Good info...Maybe we can get a sicky :D

dahuii77 May 12, 2008 12:47 PM

bought mine at gruppe-s,:mitsu: {thumbup} will see how it handled...........

jjm4life May 12, 2008 12:49 PM

pretty much done breaking in my xt with streetlight flywheel. i like it a lot. it was a shock at first how much heavier it is than stock, but within a day i didnt even notice it anymore. i dd my evo in city traffic, so take that for what its worth.

wshihdnevo May 12, 2008 12:58 PM

I run mine on a stock resurfaced flywheel cause I needed it done quick and didnt want to shell out a couple hundred more $$$ for the ACT flywheel.

Turbo Kyle May 12, 2008 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by jjm4life (Post 5653364)
pretty much done breaking in my xt with streetlight flywheel. i like it a lot. it was a shock at first how much heavier it is than stock, but within a day i didnt even notice it anymore. i dd my evo in city traffic, so take that for what its worth.

Cool, I DD mine as well. I dont think a XT pressure platw will bother me. Im rockin the HD and the XT is only has 16% more clamp load according to ACT