EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   my car won't start up right away. help (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/369792-my-car-wont-start-up-right-away-help.html)

fyu2x Sep 16, 2008 04:45 PM

my car won't start up right away. help

Hey I have an Evo 9. recently the car won't start up right away, you need to hit the clutch and turn the ignition numerous amount of times for it to start. also its a little harder to start the car when its hot and easier to start when its cooler, but still it needs a little more than once to start.

I have already changed the mini battery for another new one, 600 cca, changed the alternator for a brand new one, and last but not least a brand new starter.

new battery
new starter
new alternator

none of this worked, but at least i got all those new parts installed.

I am thinking it might be a sensor? anyone ever have this problem?

car starts mayb one minute to 10 minutes of tryin to start it. any advice.

I am also trying to sell my car but I can't unless this problem is solved. other than this, car is running perfect.

ak47po Sep 16, 2008 04:47 PM

Why spend all that money before you know what's wrong with the car first?

fyu2x Sep 16, 2008 04:51 PM

battery i had to buy, but the starter and alternator was under the warranty

IEXCELR8 Sep 16, 2008 04:52 PM

Have you changed the plugs? Maybe a CAS sensor.Does the car run fine when it starts? Fuel pump? Could be many things.

fyu2x Sep 16, 2008 04:57 PM

i haven't changed the plugs, sparks. i should though. once the car starts running, its fine. also when its hot outside, its harder to start. when its cooler its easier to start.

ak47po Sep 16, 2008 05:01 PM

You got the dealer to give you a brand new starter and alternator free of charge and there was nothing wrong with them.Excellent work dealer must not know much about cars.:lol:

IEXCELR8 Sep 16, 2008 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by fyu2x (Post 6124277)
i haven't changed the plugs, sparks. i should though. once the car starts running, its fine. also when its hot outside, its harder to start. when its cooler its easier to start.

Ok change the plugs (gap to .024), do you have a flash?

fyu2x Sep 17, 2008 08:02 AM

i will def change the plugs, you mean as in spark plugs rite? sean ivey tuned it, but it was about 6 months ago, no problems.

fyu2x Sep 17, 2008 08:03 AM

well i know the guy who works there, he s the service manager so he hooked me up

fyu2x Sep 17, 2008 08:08 AM

anyone else have any advice besides changing the spark plugs? anyone else ever had this problem?

Evoardo IX Sep 17, 2008 08:48 AM

Does it crank but it doesn't start or is it not cranking at times? If it's the first case, you might want to check the fuel system, pump, pressure, injectors, making sure the right fuel pressure and fuel supply is present for engine start up. Just my advice since I have a montero with the same problem (starts fine when cold, takes a while when hot).

gsrboi80 Sep 17, 2008 09:17 AM

Sounds like bad grouding. Check the battery grounds