EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   AEM UEGO Vs Innovate Wideband (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/390852-aem-uego-vs-innovate-wideband.html)

mindoftw Jan 2, 2009 04:46 PM

AEM UEGO Vs Innovate Wideband

Hey all im ordering a wideband right now and i am not sure which to order, should i go for the AEM UEGO or the Innovate?

Also i noticed that on a lot of the sites that sell the AEM UEGO it says gauge only, does that mean it doesnt even come with the sensor?

rogueXevolution Jan 2, 2009 05:00 PM

go aem
im not a fan of the innovate one
my cuz had an innovate and sold it to buy an aem
and you need the aem wideband controller
the one you saw is for when you run aem ems

MR_Evo_Rob Jan 2, 2009 06:01 PM

I had the UEGO before. Very simple to install and read. BUT from what i've read, the LC-1 is much more accurate.

But i'd say the UEGO. this is the part number for the actual wideband w/ gauge #30-4100

MR. Tim Jan 2, 2009 06:06 PM

I have an LC-1 right now and it works fine when it works, but when it doesnt i despise it. Mine will lose calibration about once a month, and the sensor needs recal'd separately after a while. If i had to do it again, and when my LC-1 finally does go completely, i will buy a different brand.

MR_Evo_Rob Jan 2, 2009 06:10 PM

Thats good info. I've never heard about it needing constant recalibrations.

MR. Tim Jan 2, 2009 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by MR_Evo_Rob (Post 6528500)
Thats good info. I've never heard about it needing constant recalibrations.

OMG, if i would have done a little more research before i bought one, i would have gone a different route. Mine will lose calibration for no good reason. Will work 1 day, and die the next.

fugiwara Jan 2, 2009 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by MR. Tim (Post 6528542)
OMG, if i would have done a little more research before i bought one, i would have gone a different route. Mine will lose calibration for no good reason. Will work 1 day, and die the next.

Yup, I've heard the same from my friend, he said it was pain in the ass to make it work accurately.

MR_Evo_Rob Jan 2, 2009 06:47 PM

Good to know.

joseph k Jan 2, 2009 06:54 PM

i have had a lc-1 for about two years now and the only complaint i have is the re cal. mine usually only needs to be re cal'd during a drastic temp change. The next wideband I get will be a PLX hands down. I would not recommend anyone get an LC-1 only due to having to free air calibrate it so much.

mindoftw Jan 2, 2009 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by MR_Evo_Rob (Post 6528473)
I had the UEGO before. Very simple to install and read. BUT from what i've read, the LC-1 is much more accurate.

But i'd say the UEGO. this is the part number for the actual wideband w/ gauge #30-4100

I think i am going to go with the UEGO but do i need to buy the wideband controller with it? If i do then the wideband controller was like 300+ dollars when i saw it plus the gauge which was like 200, or do i just need the part number on you listed?

Also thanks for all the reviews, its really helping me decide which one to go for.

MR Turco Jan 2, 2009 07:59 PM

The AEM works more than once, the innovate doesn't

DocCola Jan 2, 2009 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by MR Turco (Post 6528781)
The AEM works more than once, the innovate doesn't

/thread right there.

Just installed my Uego today, it was much easier than expected and it works great.

As far as price, I have no idea how your comming up with almost 500.00 for a wideband. Go in the vendor forums for interior electronics and look for the sales on the Uegos. It's all you need. I've seen plenty of vendors selling Uego's shipped with o2 sensor for 218.00 shipped. Simple enough right there.

Go Uego or go home. {thumbup}

MR. Tim Jan 2, 2009 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by mindoftw (Post 6528695)
I think i am going to go with the UEGO but do i need to buy the wideband controller with it? If i do then the wideband controller was like 300+ dollars when i saw it plus the gauge which was like 200, or do i just need the part number on you listed?

Also thanks for all the reviews, its really helping me decide which one to go for.

You need the AEM Uego wideband controller/gauge - P/N 30-4100. It will be under 250 shipped if you look around.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-G...1%7C240%3A1318 {thumbup}

19DB794 Jan 2, 2009 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by DocCola (Post 6528852)
/thread right there.

Just installed my Uego today, it was much easier than expected and it works great.

As far as price, I have no idea how your comming up with almost 500.00 for a wideband. Go in the vendor forums for interior electronics and look for the sales on the Uegos. It's all you need. I've seen plenty of vendors selling Uego's shipped with o2 sensor for 218.00 shipped. Simple enough right there.

Go Uego or go home. {thumbup}

You mean I installed it for you lol :). I have an AEM Uego as well but I haven't gotten around to installing it. I think the prices are going back up to $250+ soon so if you want it, better order it asap.

fostytou Jan 2, 2009 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by mindoftw (Post 6528695)

If you buy the UEGO you shouldn't need anything else. There is another kit that AEM sells that requires a "breakout box" but I believe it uses one of their configurable serial gauges if you want a gauge.

Just make sure your Part # matches the one on aempower.com and you should be good to go. Serial, analog, and gauge functions are all built into the UEGO gauge itself.