EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   The Best Stock Turbo Manifold? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/401677-best-stock-turbo-manifold.html)

06MREvo Feb 20, 2009 11:47 PM

The Best Stock Turbo/Stock Frame Turbo Manifold?

Over the past year, at least, i have been keeping track of all the stock turbo tubular manifold threads that i have seen. Well, I think it is time to put together a stock turbo tubular manifold thread. I know a lot of people would be interested in this, and i have searched and found nothing good so far. What i would like to include in this thread is the Manufacturer, Price, and performance. This thread will benefit stock turbos, FP series turbo, BBK series turbos, and any other stock appearing turbos...Anyone is more then welcome to make updates on this thread. I am looking to post the best prices on these manifolds plus Dyno Proven Results on each of these manifolds..I will edit this thread everyday for udpates...Lets get the list started...

1. Ported Stock Manifold (Many Manufacturers)
2. ToxicFab Tubular Manifold! - https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-manifold.html
3. DC Sports Turbo Manifold
4. Megan Racing Manifold
5. Invidia Stainless Steel Turbo Manifold
6. Borla Performance Evo Manifold
7. DN Performance Evo Manifold
8. GTSpec Evo Exhaust Manifold
9. JM Fabrications Twin-Scroll Exhaust Manifold
10. ETS Evo Exhaust Manifold
11. Shearer Fabrication Evo Manifold
12. TurboTrix Racing Evo Manifold
13. EPM “Nasty Habanero” Manifold (Coming Soon)
14. Full Race Stock Turbo Manifold
15. Tomei's Expreme Stock Turbo Manifold
16. Mynes Stock Turbo Manifold
17. JIC stock Replacement Exhaust Manifold
18. GarageHRS Stock Turbo Manifold
19. Spec-D Tuning Stainless Turbo Manifold
20. HKS Stainless Stock Turbo Manifold
21. AFI (Big & Small Tube) Stock Turbo Manifold

nikkadanny Feb 21, 2009 12:01 AM

fullrace has stock turbo manifold. heard they were pretty good

Evo8Emperor Feb 21, 2009 05:57 AM

Tomei's new Expreme stock turbo replacement manifold is where its going to be at watch. Its made by their "lost wax" process and it is just like a stock manifold in design but with bigger runner's.

dsmbruno Feb 21, 2009 06:37 AM

This is not going to be a pretty discussion...

FL_SilverEvo8 Feb 21, 2009 07:10 AM

I wanting to know this too. It would be good to know for the FP RED owners. I have been on the hunt for a good manifold.

They have done write ups for intake manifolds. Why can't they do one up on the exhust Manifolds?

I hope this post keeps on growing and we find the information what we need. If any of the big dogs chime in and help out would be great

06MREvo Feb 21, 2009 08:19 AM

added Full Race Tomei Manifolds....Any other suggestions??...I would also like to post the cheapest prices I can find for these manifolds...I will look myself but if someone else finds a cheap price on these manifolds please post it!! Also DYNO or TRACK PROVEN RESULTS!! Please post them too!!

denver Feb 21, 2009 10:53 AM

ported stock manifold FTW!

Cyloc Feb 21, 2009 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by denver (Post 6721883)

I agree. There is no reason to go aftermarket on the stock turbo. The gains are minimal. You would be better with just a stock ported manifold.

06MREvo Feb 22, 2009 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cyloc (Post 6722112)
I agree. There is no reason to go aftermarket on the stock turbo. The gains are minimal. You would be better with just a stock ported manifold.

I already have a ported and coated stock manifold myself...I am going to stay with a stock appearing turbo for a while like a lot of people are doing now...I am putting like list together to hopefully have people post prices, pics, and proven results from the different manifolds...I have a pretty good list together so far...equal length tubular stock replacement manifolds are not just for show...Mike @ AWD just tested a Shearer manifold recently and it made 20whp or so over a stock ported...there is a thread somewhere around here...

Kracka Feb 22, 2009 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by denver (Post 6721883)

Agreed. My personal picked is a stock manifold ported and coated.

EvoDan2004 Feb 22, 2009 12:52 PM

stock ported is great but full-race pro stock mani's have been proven a few times to be much better. so the answer your question its full-race by a long shot

red evo8 Feb 22, 2009 05:54 PM

the dc stock turbo manifold is no longer made, to the best of my knowledge.

Cali2MDevo8 Feb 22, 2009 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by evodan2004 (Post 6725324)
stock ported is great but full-race pro stock mani's have been proven a few times to be much better. so the answer your question its full-race by a long shot

You have to debate whether a manifold that cost 4-5 times the money vs a stock ported is worth a few extra ponies

weap0n Feb 22, 2009 06:28 PM

The shearer stock turbo manifold made 21whp over the Buschur ported stock manifold with the FP Green.

I think that going by those results, it should be Number # 1 on the list.

hypnotiq9000 Feb 22, 2009 06:33 PM

subscribed