EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Synapse BOV (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/408428-synapse-bov.html)

MarioTME Mar 22, 2009 10:51 AM

Synapse BOV

Just ordered my Synapse Synchronic BOV :p
looking forward to install it as soon as it arrives.
I Just hope it wont let me down.
hope some of you guys have the propper EVO installation regarding the Vaccum hoses (Ports, A, B, C) :confused:

cheers :beer:

jxs1984 Mar 22, 2009 12:57 PM

be sure to post a review after you install it

Evo8Emperor Mar 22, 2009 12:59 PM

Port C is a boost only source and should always be hooked up so its shut under boost. While port A and B are your choice and which works better.

I myself have just port A to a vacuum source and b open to the atmosphere.

black E Mar 22, 2009 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Evo8Emperor (Post 6841195)
Port C is a boost only source and should always be hooked up so its shut under boost. While port A and B are your choice and which works better.

same here!
i think it this DV works better than the stock EVO 9 DV...

MarioTME Mar 22, 2009 02:09 PM

WOW thanks guys for the responses!! :D
by the way any of you have it dumping to atmosphere with a MAF sensor?

Sin13 Mar 22, 2009 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Evo8Emperor (Post 6841195)

i have both A and B contacted to the vacuum,

Originally Posted by MarioTME (Post 6841408)
WOW thanks guys for the responses!! :D
by the way any of you have it dumping to atmosphere with a MAF sensor?

You could if you have the anti stall kit, but it would really shine in the stock location boost is there all the time between shifts.

Evolessfornow Mar 22, 2009 05:17 PM

My A and B ports tee into the stock bov vac line. C is teed to my compressor outlet pipe line.

mrdecrypter Mar 22, 2009 06:22 PM

without drilling, how can one tap a "Boost only" source?

Evolessfornow Mar 22, 2009 06:23 PM

Compressor pipe vac line.

mrdecrypter Mar 22, 2009 06:26 PM

compressor pipe? where exactly?

denver Mar 22, 2009 06:26 PM

Subscribed..... I have been looking at this DV for a while.... it all sounds pretty good.... curious about what everyone thinks, very interested in hearing from people who regularly track their cars regarding part throttle flutter....

Evolessfornow Mar 22, 2009 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by mrdecrypter (Post 6842349)
compressor pipe? where exactly?

Cold side of turbo before the licp.

mrdecrypter Mar 22, 2009 07:36 PM

ohh k. thanks

oneonlywgs Mar 22, 2009 07:40 PM

I've had this bov for about 4 months. Love it.

tatsuIX Mar 22, 2009 07:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm lucky enough to work down the street where they make them valves (you know what I mean), everyone there is cool. They actually hooked me up!!! they did a special install & customization of the actual Valve, where I don't have port C connected!!! sweet, very responsive!!! IMO out performs the Forge RS I had. Best valve by far that I have tried. They also found that the stock vac line coming from the manifold was... well... not very responsive (in my car) so they relocated the A and B port to another location that was very responsive (odd, I wonder how many of us have this issue and we don't even know about it). Anyway take alook at their web site and check out the EVO install, you may want to try this setup.

oh yea, I had them install it coming off the UICP instead off the intake, works just as good and looks ten times cleaner!!!{thumbup}

Synapse... Outstanding products... Outstanding Support!!!