EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   exhaust sagging and sitting way too low... (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/438495-exhaust-sagging-sitting-way-too-low.html)

4G63kevin Aug 6, 2009 12:06 AM

exhaust sagging and sitting way too low...

delete...

RapedApe Aug 6, 2009 11:58 AM

Doesn't sound right; gotta see these pictures. If it really is a manufacturing issue, which I doubt... you can go through the hassle of sending it back, or just cut off the hangers, shorten, re-weld. If that's the case, I hope you have a TIG or know a buddy that does.

4G63kevin Aug 6, 2009 12:18 PM

I'm loading pictures right now.

I'm not so sure either. It might be a manufacturing issue. =/

4G63kevin Aug 6, 2009 12:34 PM

Pictures uploaded...

hopper Aug 6, 2009 12:39 PM

Did you install a testpipe/HFC at the same time?

dantegra Aug 6, 2009 12:39 PM

What Brand is this? have you tried contacting the manufacture?

hopper Aug 6, 2009 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by 4G63punk (Post 7363526)
Circled in red is the exhaust hanger not sitting right. If it was bolted on both screws, like stock, the muffler will hit the bumper.

I would reccomend bolting them both up and then looking for adjustment up front. Any small adjustment up front makes a huge difference in back

4G63kevin Aug 6, 2009 12:48 PM

Ima go out in a bit once its cooler outside and put the second bolt back up on the hanger. this is just the catback. im running the stock cat. i just emailed the seller and he said he'll check out if it was a manufactor defect, because the two hangers seemed pretty narrow. I appreciate your help guys.

hopper Aug 6, 2009 12:50 PM

Am i looking at this right? There are two bolts holding in the hanger. you removed them and moved the rubber hanger to the right using only the right bolt hole on the left side of the hanger?

4G63kevin Aug 6, 2009 01:32 PM

yeah. correct.

i just put both the two bolts back on. i think its a tad bit higher than the pictures up there. but still, its not up as high as i like it. i might have my uncle re-weld the hangers for me. im thinking probably one of the hanger was welded in the wrong position... the rubber hangers are kind of stretching with both of the two bolts on the hanger.

Raheelq Aug 6, 2009 01:38 PM

what kind of exhaust is this ?

AWD_Terror Aug 6, 2009 01:49 PM

Exhaust type?
Im betting that hanger is not setup correctly. {thumbup}

4G63kevin Aug 6, 2009 01:49 PM

It's a "generic" brand ='[

nikkadanny Aug 6, 2009 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by 4G63punk (Post 7365864)
It's a "generic" brand ='[

maybe thats why.

4G63kevin Aug 6, 2009 01:57 PM

yeah...?? a buddy of mine got the same one, but his fitted perfectly =[
what im thinking is probably one of the hanger is placed and welded on the wrong spot. the hangers dont spread out much. there is alot of gap on the piping and the chassis where the hanger with the two bolts are. do you guys think a simple welding on those two hangers and a bit of movement will do?