EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   FP BLACK's life on a stock block? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/480166-fp-blacks-life-stock-block.html)

mine's evo Mar 15, 2010 05:04 AM

FP BLACK's life on a stock block?

I am just about to order a new turbo but want to make sure my new power will be reliable as my Evo is a daily driver and i am on a budget. I am really set on a FP Black on E85 with stock block in the 30psi range. I have all the supporting mods as well as head studs and will be getting cams once i purchase my turbo. Before i do so i would like to make sure im not building a grenade. Is there any mods in particular i should go with before ii pull the trigger or just think of a whole new combination of parts? Any help would be great!
Thanks.

EvoFlash Mar 15, 2010 05:23 AM

I'm running it on stock motor no problems and I had a hta35r before this and no problems(Knock on wood).The only thing that would come to my mind for you to get is headstuds and you already know to get them.Your going to love it.

mine's evo Mar 15, 2010 05:36 AM

What power are you making now? What dyno?
Thanks.

EvoFlash Mar 15, 2010 05:46 AM

471/413 vdr #'s on just 93 was around that on my hta35r to. You should make more on E85 easily.

mine's evo Mar 15, 2010 05:53 AM

Those are great numbers! I want it to be a reliable car, so it will def make good power on E85 but not crazy because the conservative boost range and MAF.

VRSF Tiago Mar 15, 2010 06:50 AM

500whp is usually when you should worry about the stock block.

mine's evo Mar 15, 2010 07:04 AM

Im not too sure of the HP/tq range that the stock motor can max at but i know a couple of people that have lower numbers when the block failed. One was stock turbo with e85@400/400 whp/tq on a mustang dyno and spun a bearing. Another was a BBK-full that i believe had 450/420 on the same dyno and fuel that through a rod. So i know dyno numbers are different for all dynos but those numbers seem like they would be safe on stock block. Both were at 30psi. I am a little worried because of that. lol

gsrboi80 Mar 15, 2010 07:09 AM

The HP isn't the real issue. Once you start pushing that 400-450 TQ range the stock rods start getting a little angry and its only a matter of time

mine's evo Mar 15, 2010 07:13 AM

That's what my friend with the 400/400 setup told me. lol Thats why i ask.
Thanks.

Broham Mar 15, 2010 07:36 AM

MIne's,

What are your full mods? Also, what transmission do you have? If you have the 6 speed, be extra careful at the torque rating not to go to 400 or so for ultra reliability. IF you have the 5, you're good. I'm going to do the same thing with my car also, planning to go to black. ARe you going to buy it outright or send in your 9 turbo to save $?

mine's evo Mar 15, 2010 07:42 AM

I have a 9 RS 5 speed.

Mods:
ARC fmic
SE OMG filter
ARP headstuds
RC 1200cc injectors
Titek o2 housing
Garage HRS 80mm downpipe
RRE resonated test pipe
Mine's 90mm vx ti exhaust
walbro 255 fuel pump
ported exhaust manifold
AMS LICP

Soon to be tuned on E85 after my turbo/cam choice.

MrHouse Mar 15, 2010 08:08 AM

Stock block is good for around 400 torque. Stay under that number with a good tune and you are all good :).

mine's evo Mar 15, 2010 08:12 AM

I will try to. Wouldn't using less agressive cams create less tq?

Broham Mar 15, 2010 09:41 AM

Yea, thats true you won't have any problems. You have the boltons already and should be fine. THe black is the optimum choice due to the lower torque produced for stock block. If you do ever plan on going higher hp etc, don't forget an ignition system & double pumper for fuel. The walbro is enough for now, but an ignition might be a good idea. keep us posted{thumbup}

wizzo 8 Mar 15, 2010 05:56 PM

I will be on a stock block for now with the black this summer but I will be upgrading to new internals for next year during winter. Shooting for 500whp and 400wtq. Keep us posted on your results and first impressions of the Black.