EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Post your Synapse DV config and results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/524094-post-your-synapse-dv-config-results.html)

mrfred Nov 9, 2010 08:01 AM

Post your Synapse DV config and results

This is for the small Synapse DV and not the big Synapse BOV.

I've been running mine for two weeks in push mode with port B connected to manifold and spring preload set to the factory value (min preload). I am getting a bit of DV flutter at ~4-7 psi when lifting the throttle slightly to stabilize speed in 4th-6th gear. The flutter is about the same as what I got on my unmodded IX DV; it just occurs at slightly higher boost than with the stock DV. Seems like the flutter has diminished over the last few days. Could be that its breaking in slightly.

Considering that the flutter is no worse than stock, but it will hold 60 psi, this config works as good or better than any other DV people have mentioned on EvoM (perhaps the APS valve peformed better for some people), and it meets my expectations for an aftermarket DV. However, I'm going to test a few more configs to see if I can get it working even better. aby@mil.spec has a good pull mode config, and I will be trying that next weekend. I will probably also try port A in push mode.

Foxmaster Nov 9, 2010 11:55 AM

Good info! Keep us updated, I'm about to buy one.

mrfred Nov 9, 2010 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Foxmaster (Post 8823143)
Could you post a pic of it installed? I'm about to buy one of these and was wondering about fitment.

This is the new DV. No fitment issues in the stock location.

Foxmaster Nov 9, 2010 12:28 PM

Thanks, I just found some more threads on this looks to be a very promising piece.

boosted91t Nov 9, 2010 12:35 PM

I just installed mine lastnight with both a&b ports connected by the y then onto my im, I have it set in pull mode. Having surge issues, but it was late lastnight and didnt get mess with it at all.

MechTech Nov 9, 2010 02:12 PM

subscribed, anxiously been awaiting real world results and info from members keep it coming {thumbup}

l2r99gst Nov 10, 2010 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by boosted91t (Post 8823275)
I just installed mine lastnight with both a&b ports connected by the y then onto my im, I have it set in pull mode. Having surge issues, but it was late lastnight and didnt get mess with it at all.

I mentioned this in the other thread about this DV, but installing this is 'pull' mode just isn't going to work. It's the same as installing the stock DV backwards. You have no way to release pressure from the DV in part throttle acceleration or lift-off screnarios where there is more pressure in the UICP than the IM or if there isn't enough vacuum in the IM to overcome spring pressure. Just install it in push mode like the stock DV and you'll be fine.

The original Synapse DV (the big one) can be installed in a 'pull' config because of the C port.

I'm most likely going to get rid of my big Synapse DV and switch to this smaller one as I am moving to CA and just want one less thing to worry about. I wish they had this smaller one when I bought the original. The orignal works awesome...it's just too damn big. :)

Foxmaster Nov 10, 2010 10:08 AM

Just ordered mine, I'll post my impressions when I get it!

TeKiZeRo Nov 10, 2010 01:13 PM

I had the same problem, but it went away after I installed a different spring. It's a little softer, so the piston is able to contract more more.

I am running 1 full turn of preload after unscrewing it all the way out. I forgot to mention I am running "pull" mode and have it hooked up to only port A with a small breather on port B.

Aby@MIL.SPEC Nov 12, 2010 02:12 PM

my favorite is pull mode, a-port (closest to the adjusting screw), zero preload with the factory spring.

I tried push mode with an experimental spring & the boost response during wot wasnt as good for me..... i tried both in a only & b only, not with them t'd together.

with the experimental spring, pull mode is best so far in a-port & some preload....more details later.....this spring dramaticaly reduces fwy on-throttle flutter!!

whtrice Nov 12, 2010 06:41 PM

I would try removing the spring altogether. I have run my "big" chronic that way and like it.

boosted91t Nov 16, 2010 12:01 PM

I will be flipping my valve around once the weather clears up and post some results. Again I am at 26-28 psi on a bbk and the surge is somewhat violent when you lift. But I installed it last minute and it is setup in pull mode. I will be flipping it and hopefully I can get some good info for you guys. Excellent valve so far!

VGergo Nov 17, 2010 11:29 AM

On Evo 8 mine is in push mode A+B connect stock preload settings, working near perfect. Only issue on highway goes up on the hill with 80-100mph and just holding the speed or playing with the gas pedal i have some flutter. anyway seems like it is working.

Foxmaster Nov 18, 2010 02:23 PM

Just installed mine in Pull mode, with AB connected. Everything is working great, except I'm getting some surge in 4th gear at lower rpms. I'll post some more impressions once I get more time and testing with this DV.

Foxmaster Nov 18, 2010 08:37 PM

After spending the day in AB Pull mode here are my impressions...

I can get surge in 2-5 if I use 1/4 throttle to accelerate from 3500 and up.

Valve easily blows off low boost 10 and under with little to no fluttering.

Car feels more snappy/spools faster and smooth versus the old crushed 9 valve.

I'll be trying different combos over the next couple weeks to see how they feel.