EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   for anyone that has crankcase pressure issues (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/525004-anyone-has-crankcase-pressure-issues.html)

tscompusa2 Nov 14, 2010 04:22 PM

for anyone that has crankcase pressure issues

What is the best setup to relieve the excess crankcase pressure? I am looking into the http://www.saikoumichi.com/ stuff.

Reason im doing this is because i have so much crankcase pressure that the oil is being pushed up the turbo return line from the pan and leaking oil out of the Vband on my fp black.

Just wanted some advice or suggestions here. I want to run around 40psi eventually, but right now im only running 32 and experiencing this issue. What is the best route and way to go about this?

drill bigger holes in the valve cover on the existing holes already on the valve cover and route to the saikou cans? i emailed saikou and a few other vendors to see what is recommended / can be done etc.

mitsuorder Nov 14, 2010 04:30 PM

Maybe the Kiggly hla pressure regulator would alleviate the situation.

tscompusa2 Nov 14, 2010 04:31 PM

I already have that.

BoostWhore Nov 14, 2010 04:34 PM

try and disconnect your pcv valve from the intake manifold.

CO_VR4 Nov 14, 2010 04:36 PM

krankvent, and/or hal's oil cap

tscompusa2 Nov 14, 2010 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by BoostWhore (Post 8836666)
try and disconnect your pcv valve from the intake manifold.

i will do that, but i dont wanna just spray it to the ground, so im looking for the best route to go about this while maintaining the least amount of oil as possible. I believe my first 2.3 failed due to this reason.. it was pushing the oil up there and the turbo was slowly burning it off without showing signs out the tailpipe. im glad i just caught it this time.

mitsuorder Nov 14, 2010 04:36 PM

Wow... Yeah Boost has a good point. I've run the Saikoumichi cans since '07 and love them.

tscompusa2 Nov 14, 2010 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by CO_VR4 (Post 8836671)
krankvent, and/or hal's oil cap

hal's oil cap i heard is no good because it pushes to much oil out of the valve cover, so it must be recirculated back into the motor. the dsm guys recirculate it into the balance shaft inspection hole ,but i doubt that can be done on a evo since its so close to the exhaust manifold.

tscompusa2 Nov 14, 2010 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by mitsuorder (Post 8836674)
Wow... Yeah Boost has a good point. I've run the Saikoumichi cans since '07 and love them.

ya i sent them an email, see what he can do for me. :thumbup:

95630706 Nov 14, 2010 04:47 PM

Pull out the barb on the transmission side of the valve cover and the PVC valve. STM and several others make press in -6AN fittings, run lines from both to a catch can.

06MREvo Nov 14, 2010 04:47 PM

As far as I know I don't have crank case pressure issues at all...I've been running MAP's little crankcase vents for a while on another catch can setup but I got rid of that catch can and plan on purchasing one of the DC3s before december...Hal's vented oil cap looks very interesting also but I feel a lot of oil would come out of there even if it has baffling in it...Even though I'm not having issues I guess the less crankcase pressure the better...

tscompusa2 Nov 14, 2010 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by 06MREvo (Post 8836693)
As far as I know I don't have crank case pressure issues at all...I've been running MAP's little crankcase vents for a while on another catch can setup but I got rid of that catch can and plan on purchasing one of the DC3s before december...Hal's vented oil cap looks very interesting also but I feel a lot of oil would come out of there even if it has baffling in it...Even though I'm not having issues I guess the less crankcase pressure the better...

ya you wont. it has lots to do with my built motor. i never had much blowby with the stock motor. Hal's cap i was told by 2-3 people that it releases to much oil and isnt safe for a daily driven evo unless its recirculated back into the pan.

tscompusa2 Nov 14, 2010 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by 95630706 (Post 8836692)
Pull out the barb on the transmission side of the valve cover and the PVC valve. STM and several others make press in -6AN fittings, run lines from both to a catch can.

are you venting the can to the atmosphere then as well with a breather filter?

tscompusa2 Nov 14, 2010 05:06 PM

i have this also in the garage. would this be of any benefit to run along with the can i install? http://www.maperformance.com/kracka-...acuum-kit.html

still*boostn Nov 14, 2010 05:22 PM

Im also haveing problems keeping my dip stick on. I got a HUGE spring holding it down now but after a couple hard pulls I pop my hood and the stick is down but oil is around it,....

So finally yanked the valve cover and drill and taped a HUGE threaded nipple so that helped a lil im guessing but still want to run the STM AN fittings to be sure.

I PMed Em from STM and he said they could build me a nice kit so ima go with that along with the extra nipple I alrdy have nd see if that down it,...