EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Ralliart ECU for Evo 7 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/5384-ralliart-ecu-evo-7-a.html)

Tommy Jun 26, 2002 11:09 PM

Ralliart ECU for Evo 7

Do you have any experience with Ralliart ECU for E7?
I need to know what power I should acchieve with above.

ChrisEVO Jul 14, 2002 05:36 PM

I'm also interested, I was thinking of a Ralliart ECU upgrade+ electronic boost controller and a new clutch (the stock one is not very good)... I would say maybe 320-325hp with these upgrades

3171 Jul 15, 2002 07:50 AM

don't have a ralliart ecu, but have a mines on a tme. not too bad, lets you boost up to 1.3-1.4bar fine.

you definitely need a new clutch with 320-330bhp. twin-plates are good

Tommy Jul 16, 2002 02:58 AM

Problem with Ralliart ecu

After installing Ralliart Ecu in Evo 7, engine start for only 2-3 seconds,it seems to me that fuel pump doesn't work.
When we're using original one all is ok.

3171 Jul 16, 2002 11:13 AM

Tommy,

check if you connected it right. if I am not wrong, it is pretty much "plug-and-play" (if its like the mines). If it is hooked-up corretly and it still doesn't work, then the ecu is broken and you need to get a replacement.

are you doing this yourself or is a tuner doing it?

Tommy Jul 16, 2002 12:27 PM

It's easy to install but doesn't work.
This ECU is from Ralliart Japan ,maybe for LHD cars must be different ?

3171 Jul 16, 2002 12:30 PM

sounds like you got a faulty one. Can't think why RHD/LHD should matter

tanders Jul 16, 2002 12:42 PM

Hi, just ordered one myself (Ralliart ECU for Domestic Rally). Waiting for it to arrive end of the month...can you let me know the performance of your ralliart ECU? I don't know if I made the right choice or not.:confused:

RS-2 TME Jul 16, 2002 05:33 PM

If you haver ordered a rally Ralliart ECU you have made the wrong choice, because it's mapped to use an air intake restrictor (32mm i the case of Gr.N).

Claudius Jul 16, 2002 06:37 PM

Originally posted by RS-2 TME
If you haver ordered a rally Ralliart ECU you have made the wrong choice, because it's mapped to use an air intake restrictor (32mm i the case of Gr.N).
Yep...

ChrisEVO Jul 16, 2002 06:47 PM

So which model should I get?

RS-2 TME Jul 16, 2002 10:04 PM

Ralliart sells an ECU called 'Sports ECU' mapped for road use.

With this ECU you can run more boost without risk of fuel cut or running lean.

Any Ralliart should be able to source one.

You should note that if you are driving a LHD car you will lose the immobiliser feature if you fir this ECU.

tanders Jul 17, 2002 07:47 AM

:mad: Damn! Wrong choice. Thanks for the info guys. I hope I can still cancel the order.

tanders Jul 17, 2002 08:21 AM

RS-2 TME: Tried asking the SPORTS ECU. Just waiting for their reply. Thanks for the info. :)

ChrisEVO: Maybe you can ask in your country if they have the SPORTS ECU. :)

Tommy: Looks like we made the wrong choice :(

My 2nd choice hopefully won't have compatibility problems: A'PEXi POWER FC. What do you guys think of the performance of this one?:confused:

tanders Jul 17, 2002 08:37 AM

I have spoken with a Ralliart manager and he confirmed that the "ECU for Domestic Rally" Edition can't be used for all LHD Evo7s that have been exported from Japan. :(

Let us follow RS-2 TME's advice in getting the SPORTS ECU instead.:)