EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   I lauch my car 5 or 6 times a week, what clutch should I buy? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/560525-i-lauch-my-car-5-6-times-week-what-clutch-should-i-buy.html)

student driver Jun 13, 2011 03:51 PM

I lauch my car 5 or 6 times a week, what clutch should I buy?

Hey guys,
I haven't seen anyone ask this specific of needs question yet.

I have a '06 Evo IX 5 speed. I really do launch it 5 or 6 times every week. 5000 or so, rpm. I have 245mm wide Dunlop star-specs which are pretty sticky street tires. The car is stock except for 3" turbo back exhaust, HKS intake. I always run 101 octane and it is tuned for that, but stock boost.

I don't want a stiff pedal feel, but don't want to sacrifice longivity just cause of that....you know?

Anybody street race or autocross alot?

Thanks!!

Vivid Racing Jun 13, 2011 04:12 PM

I recommend a Carbonetic blade or single disk. Its easier on the tranny and drivetrain.

brokenRS Jun 13, 2011 04:14 PM

you will get flamed for street racing, i hope you mean the track :)

GrnEVO Jun 13, 2011 04:15 PM

depends on how much torque you're pushing. how often you track/launch the car is only part of the question you're asking. You can't really go wrong ACT or Exedy though

Go_Lancer_Go Jun 13, 2011 04:29 PM

im not a fan of act cause of lockout!

Im currently on the market for a new clutch. I have a Act Street clutch and the POS locks out lots from 2-3 and 3-4! I even adjusted my pedal! I kinda want a Quartmaster b/c of how smooth it is and no lockout! I test drove my friends and it was sweeeeeet! Feels like a honda when shifting! However.... $$$$$$$$!

I hear sometimes with the exedy's (non twin) they lock out too. I dunno if thats true though, maybe someone can chime in!

FJF Jun 13, 2011 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by student driver (Post 9389451)
Anybody street race or autocross alot?

FWIW, there ain't a whole lot of launching around the cones. Good luck.

Vivid Racing Jun 13, 2011 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by FJF (Post 9389664)
FWIW, there ain't a whole lot of launching around the cones. Good luck.

Every AutoX runn starts with a launch.... thats why I road race (I cant launch a car to save my life)

GrnEVO Jun 13, 2011 05:34 PM

never had any experience with single exedy's but didn't have too many problems an any single act. I really liked my Exedy twin. No lock out from here.

awddyno Jun 13, 2011 08:00 PM

Exedy twin or nothing. Have used it on the last 6 Evos I've had.

justincase Jun 13, 2011 08:10 PM

if yo9u launch your car that much i say get a packet of potato chips and a PS3 cause you're going to need it while the car is in the shop....

Oh but clutch, os geiken twin plate r2cd

SOEuro Jun 13, 2011 08:22 PM

Just curious. Why waste your money on race fuel for stock boost hahaha

FJF Jun 13, 2011 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Vivid Racing (Post 9389676)
Every AutoX runn starts with a launch.... thats why I road race (I cant launch a car to save my life)

A launch and quick acceleration are hardly the same thing. Most courses I've run situate an almost immediate turn after the start gate. A launch would put an Evo into the next lot.

Valery Shal Jun 13, 2011 09:53 PM

i like road race dont know so much about car launch ,.....

mchuang Jun 13, 2011 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Vivid Racing (Post 9389502)
I recommend a Carbonetic blade or single disk. Its easier on the tranny and drivetrain.

How much chatter does the carbonetic blade clutch have? Normally puck style clutches chatter a lot even with the sprung hub?

Vivid Racing Jun 14, 2011 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by FJF (Post 9390152)
A launch and quick acceleration are hardly the same thing. Most courses I've run situate an almost immediate turn after the start gate. A launch would put an Evo into the next lot.

The ones out here in AZ are very fast, thats probably macause the guy who designs them drives a corvette.

http://azsolo.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p566420346.png