EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   GTX3071R and Questions (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/564964-gtx3071r-questions.html)

Soshinoya Jul 13, 2011 02:08 PM

GTX3071R and Questions

Couldn't find any tests of the GTX3071R but from all the info I got it looks to be a really good turbo for what I am wanting so I went ahead and ordered one along with some other parts. I don't know how much info I will have but I know I'll at least have a dyno graph to show you guys once it's all done.

Just so you guys are aware this will be installed on an Evo 8 stock 2.0 block and mods will be: GTX3071R, GSC S2 Cams, GSC Beehive springs/retainers/seats, Shep Trans (Stocker is on it's last leg), Exedy Twin Disc, Upgraded Intercooler and Piping , Intake, Evo 9 BOV, Megan 02 Housing, 3in. Downpipe and 3in. Exhaust and 3in. Test Pipe, Buschur Ported Intake Manifold, Buschur 65mm Throttle Body, Walbro Fuel Pump, 1000cc Injectors, ARP Headstuds, and Spark Tech Non CDI COP Ignition System. Sorry I don't know the brands of the intercooler, piping, exhaust, or test pipe but It will still give most a good look as to what it can do.

I don't know how much boost it will be tuned at yet but hoping to break 400WHP on the dyno. Also it will be tuned on 93 pump gas. Sorry all you E85 guys. Most of the work and tune will be done by AMS. I will try to keep you guys updated and should be completed in less than a month since all parts are already ordered. I can also upload some pics of the turbo once I get it and any other parts if anyone wants me to. I'm really looking forward to sharing the numbers with the community since I myself couldn't find much info.

Also questions to some of you more experienced Evo'ers. Do you think my 400WHP goal on AMS's mustang dyno is a good goal and what power if not do you think I'll have? Just for reference I have a stock 8 turbo at 27PSI on it now with the exhaust parts listed, intercooler/piping, walbro, and exedy twin disc and was previously tuned by AMS and was at 325/325. Also if theres any parts you guys would suggest should also be done at the same time please let me know. I'm trying to get as much as I can done in the single trip there since it's almost 4 hours away. Thanks.

rsxtypesex Jul 13, 2011 02:12 PM

good luck with this!

ct9asilver Jul 13, 2011 04:58 PM

I see the Megan o2 housing in your mods, so im assuming your gonna use the ATP GTX3071R, correct?

RSMike Jul 13, 2011 06:41 PM

400whp with a gtx3071 is very achievable. My tuner make 530whp with a 3076/3037 and SR22.
If you're going to run a twin scroll housing, you will have near stock spool too.

Soshinoya Jul 13, 2011 07:49 PM

Sorry I forgot but yes it will be the ATP stock location version. I'm still hoping to get some good numbers though and might even have the exhaust manifold ported when it gets done. Anyone think it would be worth the extra money since its already going to be in the shop for all the other work?

tiggeryellow1 Jul 18, 2011 08:36 AM

Looking forward to seeing some results as I'm in the market for the GTX 3076R. {thumbup}

spdracerut Jul 18, 2011 09:45 AM

With E85, it should do around 500whp on a dynojet. 91 octane is probably around 400whp. 93 octane is probably close to 440-450whp or so, give or take. So I think it'll do over 400whp on the Mustang dyno, though if you're trying to tune it right now in the 100+ F temps, maybe not so much.

Soshinoya Jul 18, 2011 05:13 PM

Still waiting on parts. Hoping it cools down quite a bit before I head up to AMS for the tune. Really excited to share the results. CANT WAIT!

tiggeryellow1 Jul 25, 2011 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Soshinoya (Post 9469501)
Still waiting on parts. Hoping it cools down quite a bit before I head up to AMS for the tune. Really excited to share the results. CANT WAIT!

Any New News???

MrLith Jul 25, 2011 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by RSMike (Post 9458341)
400whp with a gtx3071 is very achievable. My tuner make 530whp with a 3076/3037 and SR22.
If you're going to run a twin scroll housing, you will have near stock spool too.

I have in my head CarlR does your tuning? I thought his was 530hp on a Dynapack using E85? If things were equalised so he had to use normal petrol, had AWD transmission losses and did it on a Mustang dyno I'd guess it could be quite a challenge to get much over 400whp.

RSMike Jul 25, 2011 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MrLith (Post 9485938)
I have in my head CarlR does your tuning? I thought his was 530hp on a Dynapack using E85? If things were equalised so he had to use normal petrol, had AWD transmission losses and did it on a Mustang dyno I'd guess it could be quite a challenge to get much over 400whp.

Yup he makes ~530WHP on E85 and Pump gas. The compressor is out of flow, E85 and Pump gas make very similar numbers. E85 increases the midrange.

We are testing the GTX3076 this weekend, so we'll see how well that performs.
He is now using a Twin scroll housing, which makes full boost between 3600-3800rpm.

E85 vs Pump gas (single scroll 3076, SR22)(23psi peak, 21psi at redline)
adding/changing the correction method moves the numbers about 5kw. Not much.
Attachment 287509

Soshinoya Aug 8, 2011 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry it's been so long since an update. Had some problems with getting some of my parts. They are all in now and scheduled to drop it off on the 30th of this month. So hopefully I'll have some numbers for you soon after that. It all depends on how bad of shape the drivetrain is in really. Planning on a ShepTrans but if the TCase is bad then it will take a bit longer because it will have to be shipped out. Really looking forward to posting the results but until then heres a pic of the turbo. Went with the stock sized inlet so it doesn't look as cool as the 4in inlet but it should still put a smile on my face.

Attachment 287322

AWD96 Aug 8, 2011 06:28 PM

On my 2G DSM, I had a mistu flanged 3076R and made 370whp/320wtq on STM's Mustang Dyno at 26psi on 93oct. At that power level I was trapping 121 consistently. I switched over to E85 and made 427whp/359wtq and trapped 126/127. This was on Comp 272's (10.8mm/10.2mm) so with a more aggressive cam I could've seen closer to 450whp before I maxed out the single 255. I also had the port shrouded housing and mine was powder coated black. For a street setup this is my preferred turbo all day.

Soshinoya Aug 21, 2011 06:08 PM

Just wanted to update you guys but sorry still no numbers. I have an appointment on the 30th as long as my turbo gets back here in time. I sent it back to ATP to have the compressor housing swapped to the bigger 4in. inlet and ordered a 4in. intake for it. As long as it gets back by then I should have some numbers around the beginning of next month. Sorry it has taken so long and I'm sure I'm more anxious than anyone else to see these results. I will update you ASAP and if the Turbo gets back here in time I'll try to post a pic with the bigger compressor housing. I know it looks alot better on ATP's website so hopefully it will look and perform even better than the initial smaller housing. Also wanted to get some opinions on if a different intercooler and the shorter upper pipe with a small battery would be worth it? I think they intercooler I'm running now is a TurboXS and the piping is aftermarket but just not the short route where you need the small battery for. Just trying to maximize the power with good bolt-ons since I'll be running pump gas. Trying to get these numbers around or mayber even higher than some of our expectations!

Bach Sep 1, 2011 06:13 AM

subscribed

Soshinoya Sep 1, 2011 10:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another update.

Dropped the car/parts off at AMS on Monday(8/28). Talked to them yesterday and the Exedy Twin was toast so that was rebuilt and the ShepTrans and Exedy Twin are back in. They were installing the cams/springs/retainers when he emailed me. I assume they got that done and maybe more. I should have another update today on their progress. But until the numbers are here, the thing that we all want to really know about, heres a pic of the bigger compressor housing. I'm glad it got back in time.

Attachment 286997

PoloTurbo Sep 7, 2011 10:14 AM

Nice setup. Subscribed also. :)

Soshinoya Sep 8, 2011 05:27 PM

Another update. Car is done and will be picked up Monday(9/12). Due to running pump gas I was limited to running only 22PSI. Any more boost or timing and it would knock all over the place. They added a "splash" of 100 octane and it instantly added an extra 20WHP so basically the lower octane is keeping me from being able to run higher boost where it's efficiency and true potential are at. Thinking of switching to E85 and adding a few more bolt-ons but that will be some other time and still not 100% sure if I want to do that yet or not. I will post the numbers and dyno sheet as soon as I get back in town. Your probably guessed that I didn't hit my goal but seeing as it's also on a Mustang Dyno I guess it's not all that bad and the fact that I'm only running 22PSI at that it's pretty good I think. Darn you stupid pump gas!

tsidrift1 Sep 8, 2011 05:42 PM

Is that still on stock injectors though? I know you didnt have any injectors, just didnt know if you bought some or not.

Soshinoya Sep 8, 2011 08:12 PM

Running some 1000's so I'm covered on pump gas. I do think it's kind of odd but then alot of the numbers I have been comparing to were all people running on dynojets so thats why there numbers seem high in comparison to mine. Dissapointed but then again hopefully it will "FEEL" better than it looks.

Soshinoya Sep 12, 2011 05:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok so here it goes guys. First off I would just like to say please don't judge this turbo from my dyno as I don't think I've done it ANY justice and am very bummed by the results. It feels like it has so much more. I would also like to say some of it is probobally my fault as I have access to 93 and I think I had put 91 in it before I took it to AMS for all the work. So it was limited to only 22PSI or it would start knocking. I am so pissed. Also on the stock turbo withought most of the mods I put down 325/325 on the same dyno(unless they have a new/different one).

Mods - ShepTrans Rebuild, Exedy Twin, AMS Shifter Bushings, ID 1000's, ARP Headstuds, Grimmspeed BCS, Megan O2 Housing, Buschur Ported IM, Buschur 65mm TB, GSC S2 Cams/Springs/Retainers, ATP GTX3071R at 22PSI, 3in. Exhaust/Downpipe/Test Pipe, ??? Intercooler/Piping(Not Factory), Evo 9 BOV, SparkTech COP Ignition System, Walbro 255.

I think that's it.

Attachment 286901

So basically adding the Turbo, IM, TB, O2 Housing, Cams, SparkTech Ignition, and Injectors I gained 0TQ and about 50HP. WTF? I was running 27PSI with the stock 8 turbo but still just to me it seems like alot of money for not much more performance. I do love the feel of the new trans though and the loping idle but performance wise just seems not a good bang for your buck IMO. Please give me some feedback because I would really like to stay on pump gas and do a little bit more to see if I can get some more out of it and this time make sure it has 93 in it when I take it to get retuned. Was thinking of a OEM ported exhaust manifold or just an aftermarket one for the stock frame turbos and then also a better intercooler. Please any advice is appreciated. Very please by AMS's work, just kind of bummed about the numbers. Once I break it in I'll give some more feedback on the response and overall feel as I am letting the trans break in before I really give it the beans.

spdracerut Sep 12, 2011 07:06 PM

It looks like it was definitely knocking up top with the waviness of the torque and hp lines. Well, if you put in 91 oct, then I'd say it did pretty damn well for 91 oct. and 22psi. Also, you made the same torque at 5psi less boost which means everything is flowing much better and more efficient. If you put in 93 oct, I think it's reasonable that you'd gain 50whp.

Ludikraut Sep 13, 2011 05:58 AM

Can't say I'm surprised. I used to run an OG 3071 mated to the AMS exhaust mani, and the performance was underwhelming at best ... add to that surge in 5th gear and it had fail written all over it. I'm not sure why anyone these days would go with something other than an FP or BBK turbo unless you have some very specific targets that you're trying to hit.

l8r)

YogSaahoth Sep 13, 2011 01:53 PM

So you have an unknown non-stock IC? Even if u had 91 in the tank you should be able to reach more than 22psi w/o knock. I would say the unknown IC may not be cooling well, but then again u were able to run 27psi on the stock turbo with this same IC. Spool up looks on point, but it just takes a crap up top. Maybe it really was bad gas. I wouldn't feel too discouraged...as its been said, 22psi is well out of this turbo's efficiency range. I'd rule out the IC by getting something more trusted and stay away from 91oct. Just curious...what spark plugs/gap are u using?

Soshinoya Sep 13, 2011 03:25 PM

Plugs are NGK non-iridium and I think I had them gapped around .18-.22 I remember it was on the tighter side since I was trying to figure out a misfire issue at the time. Also looking to get a Buschur IC and a MAP ported exhaust manifold then get it retuned. Hopefully since I make it a point to ONLY put 93 in it now it will help out. Looking at the Buschur IC because I've seen good reviews. Any others a little cheaper that a proven good?

tsidrift1 Sep 13, 2011 05:22 PM

Just get my Turboxs one man. lol Its 15min away. You know it works well. It worked well with my setup on the hta green. :)

Soshinoya Sep 14, 2011 03:53 AM

I am leaning towards that. You going to help me install it since I'm SOL on a place to install it? :)

tsidrift1 Sep 14, 2011 06:05 AM

Yea, you can pull it in my garage.

S13 Curtis Sep 14, 2011 06:28 AM

If your staying on pump gas you should look into a Aquamist kit, they work very well and ive never had a prob with it.

reid-o Sep 17, 2011 12:13 PM

The gtx3071s map looks nearly identical to the old 3076 with a bit better efficiency.
I'd expect 3076 power with improved transient response response from the smaller wheel but nothing more than that. You're not far off in my opinion with 22 psi and 91 octane.

It could be the housing holding it back. It'd be better if you asked for a log as it's hard to define cause without more data.

If you can find a 3076 dyno pull from that same dyno, I think it's logical to expect a similar peak power. If it's top end I'd suspect egbp, but your boost is low so that's strange. Try porting your manifold since that can be cheap depending if you have a die grinder or even smoothening out the ATP casting at the inlet on the exhaust side

YaroRS Oct 11, 2011 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got this turbo for my Evo 9

Car specs:

cosworth m2 cams (stock pulley on exhaust cam)
custom intake (stock manifold, stock throtle), HKS airfilter
OBX intercooler
stock bottom end
HKS high power exhaust, stock manifold, tomei o2 and tomei downpipe (2.5 inch)
ID 1000 injectors, walbro fuel pump
HKS EVC-6 boost controller

I tuned this car using Russian 98 Ron fuel, I guess it is similar to something in between 91 and 93 US fuel.
Maximum horsepower I got from it was 392 WHP and 469 nm WTQ. I was running maximum boost 1,75 bar or 25,725 psi with stock low pressure actuator.

From my point of view it is not a bad turbo, it is a good bolt on solution, I guess more reliable then FP red. Soon I will be testing this turbo with Aquamist methanol kit.

RSMike Oct 11, 2011 05:35 PM

YaroRS, that is good boost response for an open scroll housing, a twin scroll would see a 500rpm faster spool time!

03whitegsr Oct 11, 2011 08:43 PM

This turbo is twin scroll?

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/release...ase121410.html

I think the chart on their site shows pretty well what it can do fully tapped out. ~450WHP dynojet on E85. 20 psi by 4000 RPM.

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/release...H_LOW_DYNO.gif

Seems like the HTA Green has it pretty well beat.

YaroRS Oct 12, 2011 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by RSMike (Post 9665925)
YaroRS, that is good boost response for an open scroll housing, a twin scroll would see a 500rpm faster spool time!

It's a bolt on turbo to stock mitsu housing, so It's a twinscroll. I am sure it is possible to make this turbo spool better, I have small tomei o2 housing and tomei 2.5 inch downpipe. Later I will change it to MAP external dump o2 housing + 3 inch downpipe. I am sure this will give better spool.

On mine car it does 20 psi before 4000 revs.

Unfortunately we dont have in Russia E85 fuel, but I am sure this turbo will be capable to push similar numbers ATP showed us on my config with water/methanol.

DeMoNz Oct 12, 2011 03:49 PM

you make such high torque @ 4000rpm!

have you considered a tubular manifold? from your dyno graph it looks like you high-end power is flattening out. an o2 external dump would be a great idea. maybe a mid-range, short plenum intake manifold + bigger tb as well lol? like skunk2? thats the setup im considering...maxing this turbo on pump gas, and using methonal injection as cooling only

do you have a baseline by any chance? what hp did your car made before?

Originally Posted by YaroRS (Post 9666631)
It's a bolt on turbo to stock mitsu housing, so It's a twinscroll. I am sure it is possible to make this turbo spool better, I have small tomei o2 housing and tomei 2.5 inch downpipe. Later I will change it to MAP external dump o2 housing + 3 inch downpipe. I am sure this will give better spool.

On mine car it does 20 psi before 4000 revs.

Unfortunately we dont have in Russia E85 fuel, but I am sure this turbo will be capable to push similar numbers ATP showed us on my config with water/methanol.

YaroRS Oct 13, 2011 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by DeMoNz (Post 9668358)
you make such high torque @ 4000rpm!

have you considered a tubular manifold? from your dyno graph it looks like you high-end power is flattening out. an o2 external dump would be a great idea. maybe a mid-range, short plenum intake manifold + bigger tb as well lol? like skunk2? thats the setup im considering...maxing this turbo on pump gas, and using methonal injection as cooling only

do you have a baseline by any chance? what hp did your car made before?

I've been thinking about a decent exhaust manifold, this is just the beggining :). For me it was interesting what this car was capable to do with the simplest config.

I tuned my friends car with ETS manifold and MAP o2 downpipe. It developed extra 25-35 hp.

I dont have my baseline, since I had old FP Green turbo before. With the same config and FP Green the car showed 336 whp, with methanol aproximately 370 whp.

XTC9 Jun 9, 2014 11:57 PM

Bumping up an old thread.

I'm interested in getting this turbo. Just wondering if there has been anyone recently running this turbo.

ddxsamx Sep 17, 2015 04:35 PM

Just got this turbo for cheap so slapping it in as an upgrade (from stock mind you!) as a track turbo

Initial stages of tuning ATM on 98 RON fuel (91-93 for you US guys)

Spool up not as bad as I thought. Running about ~21psi at 4k

Cant wait to turn it up an put it on E85

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...27b6585656.jpg

Ted B Sep 18, 2015 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by ddxsamx (Post 11508838)
Spool up not as bad as I thought. Running about ~21psi at 4k

Just so you'll know, that's virtually identical to my spool characteristics ... except my turbo delivers almost 600whp out of 93 octane as opposed to 350whp. :eek: That's why the 3071 has never been a popular upgrade here. It's far too laggy for its power potential.

Just FYI.

ddxsamx Sep 19, 2015 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Ted B (Post 11509395)
Just so you'll know, that's virtually identical to my spool characteristics ... except my turbo delivers almost 600whp out of 93 octane as opposed to 350whp. :eek: That's why the 3071 has never been a popular upgrade here. It's far too laggy for its power potential.

Just FYI.

Nice work! What turbo and other mods? 600whp on 21psi? Mine is just a 2L and base tune map ;)

Ted B Sep 19, 2015 07:45 AM

I have quite a few mods (see signature) and running 30psi or so with 93 octane. But the fundamental point I'm making is the 3071R gives up a lot of spool and response for its modest power potential, which is around 150whp less than the similar spooling GT35R variant I'm using. I understand you got a bargain where cost was concerned, but maybe it's not so much a bargain after all? Just food for thought...

LetsGetThisDone Sep 19, 2015 08:15 AM

GTX3071R and Questions

Originally Posted by Ted B
I have quite a few mods (see signature) and running 30psi or so with 93 octane. But the fundamental point I'm making is the 3071R gives up a lot of spool and response for its modest power potential, which is around 150whp less than the similar spooling GT35R variant I'm using. I understand you got a bargain where cost was concerned, but maybe it's not so much a bargain after all? Just food for thought...

I remember Buschur testing the FP HTA3076 vs the HTA3586 and having similar results on his 2.3L, except the 3586 made a lot more power.

Any insight as to why two fairly different sizes turbos are so close in spoolup characteristics?

Ted B Sep 19, 2015 08:57 AM

As Buschur noted, the difference in spool characteristics between 3071R, 3076R, and 35R are small as compared to the differences in power potential, with a 3071R delivering most of the lag of a 35R, but with far less power, and the 3076R somewhere in between. These observations were made all using open T3 exhaust configurations. To me this suggests that the inefficiency of the open T3 exhaust design tends to offset the advantage of the smaller/lighter compressor. In contrast, Drifto's HTA3076 with twinscroll 1.06 T3 outspooled my twinscroll T4 HTA3582 setup by 300 rpm, and still reached 600whp with E85. Based upon that observation, I would expect that a twinscroll T3 3071 with 'HTA' or 'GTX' treatment would also bring considerable improvements, but with factory-framed turbo options delivering the same or better overall performance without the expense of converting everything to a T3/T4 configuration renders the point largely moot.

ddxsamx Sep 20, 2015 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ted B (Post 11509532)

Ah nice work! Your car must fly! you americans have crazy builds haha. Seems like every 2nd evo is 500hp+ !! :) jelly.

Yeah, for sure. I totally understood that the turbo spooled slower for modest power potential, but my turbo was $850 US dollar.. cheap as chips.. I just wanted a turbo to bump up the power on the track :) I guess it just depends on how big ones pockets are as with this turbo, I can still be fairly ok with the stock gearbox and diffs and it's really a matter of an $850 vs $8500++ build.

03whitegsr Sep 21, 2015 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ted B (Post 11509551)
As Buschur noted, the difference in spool characteristics between 3071R, 3076R, and 35R are small as compared to the differences in power potential, with a 3071R delivering most of the lag of a 35R, but with far less power, and the 3076R somewhere in between. These observations were made all using open T3 exhaust configurations. To me this suggests that the inefficiency of the open T3 exhaust design tends to offset the advantage of the smaller/lighter compressor. In contrast, Drifto's HTA3076 with twinscroll 1.06 T3 outspooled my twinscroll T4 HTA3582 setup by 300 rpm, and still reached 600whp with E85. Based upon that observation, I would expect that a twinscroll T3 3071 with 'HTA' or 'GTX' treatment would also bring considerable improvements, but with factory-framed turbo options delivering the same or better overall performance without the expense of converting everything to a T3/T4 configuration renders the point largely moot.

Buschur never tested the GT3071R. He just assumed it spooled the same as the GT3076R, which it doesn't. Transient response is also hugely different between a GT3582R and a GT3076R, but that also gets ignored for some reason. Yeah, on a dyno the GT3582R spools about 300 RPM later than the GT3076R, but in actual power delivery they feel very different. The GT3582R feels NOTICABLY more laggy. I can't speak to the newer HTA and GTX stuff though and nor can I speak towards the twin scroll stuff in that size range. I've only experienced the older divided T3 housings and they were never impressive to me. The new stuff seems like it works a lot better though.

The GT3071R doesn't offer any more flow then the IX turbo. That's the main reason it's useless in this community. The GTX3071R on the other hand does offer about 100HP worth of airflow over the IX turbo, but still pretty modest gains considering most EVO guys drag race and think it takes 700HP to run 10s. The stock frame stuff has kind of gone an odd direction with the FP housing and manifold. The fully setup costs almost what a T3 setup costs but it locks you into FP turbos.

Ted B Sep 21, 2015 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr (Post 11510464)
The GT3071R doesn't offer any more flow then the IX turbo. That's the main reason it's useless in this community.

And it doesn't match the IX turbo configuration in either spool or transient response. As for the GTX version, I can't imagine it doing anything that a factory-framed upgrade doesn't do better, while converting the factory configuration to T3/T4 to accommodate the Garrett unit represents an added expense to boot.

03whitegsr Sep 22, 2015 11:44 AM

Where's the data to say that?

People always talk like the stock turbo is responsive...but it's not.

For sure, you can make that argument against expense though. Myself, I see value in separating from factory frame setups if you want to go beyond an IX turbo though. Particularly if you are the type to buy an aftermarket manifold either way.

LetsGetThisDone Sep 22, 2015 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr (Post 11510860)
Where's the data to say that?

People always talk like the stock turbo is responsive...but it's not.

For sure, you can make that argument against expense though. Myself, I see value in separating from factory frame setups if you want to go beyond an IX turbo though. Particularly if you are the type to buy an aftermarket manifold either way.

How is a 9 turbo not responsive? It may not be a K03 on a direct inject 2.0L Volkswagen GTI motor with full boost at 1500rpms, but it is still responsive..

03whitegsr Sep 22, 2015 01:46 PM

Boost threshold, sure, it does well. Time to boost...not really. They are two different things so comparing to a K03 1500 RPM boost threshold doesn't make sense as that's not at all what I'm talking about.

Seems like everybody that goes to the TME, FP White, HKS 7460R, Tomie 7960, etc. all comment on drastically better spool over stock while making as much or more power.

Similarly, I've driven cars with GT30 and GT35 derivatives and absolutely the GT30 cars do have late boost thresholds that on a dyno makes them look nearly as laggy as a GT35. But without a doubt, the GT30s have far better time to boost behavior above the boost threshold then the GT35.

ddxsamx Sep 23, 2015 04:37 PM

Added more boost. about 23 peak boost. Feels a lot better than my stock gsr turbo so I ain't complainin' :) currently making the same power as on stock turbo E85 and 2psi less.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...27b6585656.jpg