EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Evo 8 - 5 speed shifter cables (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/761204-evo-8-5-speed-shifter-cables.html)

Mrgoozo Apr 19, 2021 06:33 PM

Evo 8 - 5 speed shifter cables

Greetings all,

So i just got my evo 9 and while we were building the engine finishing the car i noticed that it has a 6 speed shifter cables installed on a 5 speed trans swap.

And unfortunately the 5 speed shifter cable is discontinued.

Would be any other was to fix this problem?

so now my shifter cables has 2 small bushings, which should have been 1 big and 1 small for the 5 speed.

I saw that the evo x later models has similar cables bushing but anyone can confirm if it works on the evo 8 trans?

Thanks

Mrgoozo Apr 24, 2021 08:53 PM

Pump for help, anyone?

Ayoustin Apr 25, 2021 09:46 PM

I'm not aware of any cables other than the factory cables that work with the 5 speed. I'm in the process of developing an aftermarket replacement set of cables for guys doing 5 speed swaps but it will be another month or two until I've completed the design.

Mrgoozo Apr 26, 2021 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by ayoustin (Post 11934068)
I'm not aware of any cables other than the factory cables that work with the 5 speed. I'm in the process of developing an aftermarket replacement set of cables for guys doing 5 speed swaps but it will be another month or two until I've completed the design.

Thats wonderful!

I dont mind waiting to be honest as i dont have any other option at this moment.

I hope you can keep us updated on that.

Ayoustin Apr 26, 2021 10:17 PM

I'll be sure to be posting about them when they're ready.

VeebeeIX Feb 12, 2022 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by ayoustin (Post 11934068)

any update on these cables ?
I am looking for a new set for 5spd with the bushings.

Ayoustin Feb 13, 2022 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by VeebeeIX (Post 11949330)
any update on these cables ?
I am looking for a new set for 5spd with the bushings.

Still sorting things out with cable suppliers. Hoping to have it kicked off in the Spring.

VeebeeIX Feb 14, 2022 05:25 AM

found this yesterday and ordered from them.

https://www.evolutionracingspares.co...speed-mr581210

VeebeeIX Mar 13, 2022 12:33 AM

Now I'm abit lost.

I ordered these 5 speed shifter cables but both have the small end/bushes. But the part number on the packaging is for 5spd.

(MR581210)

My current one has 1 big and 1 small.

Now having spent 500odd AUD and shipping, customs etc. Can I use these cables or will it be a problem ?

krys88 May 25, 2022 11:48 AM

Did you end up using those cables? I am about to order them. Please let me know. Thanks

Originally Posted by VeebeeIX (Post 11951149)
Now I'm abit lost.

I ordered these 5 speed shifter cables but both have the small end/bushes. But the part number on the packaging is for 5spd.

(MR581210)

My current one has 1 big and 1 small.

Now having spent 500odd AUD and shipping, customs etc. Can I use these cables or will it be a problem ?

VeebeeIX May 25, 2022 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by krys88 (Post 11954497)
Did you end up using those cables? I am about to order them. Please let me know. Thanks

I have installed them as yet, but I did ask a few shops and they say it can be used.
I might only them on this weekend if i get time.

krys88 May 25, 2022 12:05 PM

Ok please let me know after you install it. I think you will need to use 2 small bushings instead of 1 big 1 small, if I am correct

Originally Posted by VeebeeIX (Post 11954498)
I have installed them as yet, but I did ask a few shops and they say it can be used.
I might only them on this weekend if i get time.

VeebeeIX May 25, 2022 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by krys88 (Post 11954501)
Ok please let me know after you install it. I think you will need to use 2 small bushings instead of 1 big 1 small, if I am correct

Yes they do have the oem rubber bushings on , but i do have aluminum bushings to go on, both small.

Ikuhara May 25, 2022 12:47 PM

I had some of these on order recently but ended up cancelling it. I had seen a review where someone said that it didn't fit usdm evo so I backed out on it. Guess we'll see if Veebeel can give us confirmation whenever he tries.

ihockey1 May 25, 2022 02:44 PM

I follow these guys on FB and they just released a set of cables if you wanna look them up

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...cf3c5ed60f.jpg