Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

1g 6bolt 4g63, 2g 7bolt 4g63, evo 4g63

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2005, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAXR, i really dont understand what your statements have to do with my questions. were not talking about JDM engines. everyone all ready knows JDM 4g63's come with yellow top 510cc injectors, a cyclone intake that need its counter part computer to run, and larger turbo. chill.

94AWDcoup, now im just confused, follow me on this, k.
twin scroll turbo pushing 19psi, flowing 20-25lb/min?? (another question i have) into the if the intake. with simmular to slightly larger style Throttle body and a port side with less flow compasity of the 1g and 9 inch pendulum runners provide better upper end RPM power??? i dont get it. it sounds like they bottlenecked the **** out of the intake system if your informations correct. shorter runners will mean better midrange power and less upper rpm airflow. i think your staitment is backwards it think you ment to say "they DO lay down power at 4500-6500 like 1g. but run out of airflow around 7500-8000!" thats why im so intrested in seeing if there are bentch flow # on the Cylinder head, and Intake Manifold with or without the throttle body attached.

Evo mafs "is" two channel with 60/lb min flow compassity! great news for all you Evo tuners!! and dsmtuners. untell the Evo's maf gets more excessable i thin kthe GM MAFT is still the swap of choice for dsm owners.

tranny is 50% stronger with 600lb/tq compassity?? wow. that would make it almost as strong a John Shepperds Racning trannys.. Anything on the Cluth plate gripping power?

so the engine is 8.8:1 compression? thats better compression then both the 1g and 2g! are you 100% possitive on the reduced deckheight? did they increased the Gasket height to compensate for the reduced deck clearence? with higher compression and lower deckheight without a stronger, thicker gasket all your doing is decresing the quench area and increasing the cause for disaster. intresting. maybe somone else could Q in on this. If the Rods are indeed like the 2g they are far FAR more supperior then the 2g's and must be made from a diffrent meterial. the 2g rods are the smallest weakest part of a 2g! the least expensive most comon swap is using 1g "big rod" rods with the 2g pistions.

Head: i was under the impression with lighter springs, retainers without going to a dual spring settup you would have a better chance of floating your valves at higher rev speeds!! What are the Cam grinds on these Evo's? did they finlly get rid of that STUPID lifter tick that caused phantom knock screwing with timming advance??

im sorry to hear they didnt fix crankwalk problem. agian, if anyone can Q in on this one for reliabilty of what im reading please do!!!

ohh. and nice job breaking into the 10's 94awdcoup!!

continuing questions:
Flow rate of your turbo (lb/min) @ 19psi (stock)
Flow charts of intake, cylinder head?? will i need to call Slow Boy??
Cam grind #'s
the rest of the questions i've asked with no responce

Thanks. Scott

Last edited by scottsee; Mar 25, 2005 at 09:00 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i won't get started on the clutch... there's a thread on here with like 2349283572384 replies about it. to answer simply...replace it.

you'll need a shop to chime in on the flow rates. AMS may have legit #s for it.

the HKS trb-02 evo made 550hp and a huge powerband with the stock intake manifold...that's a testement to the stock peice

I can't speak for the evo 4-7, but I haven't heard of a single case of an evo8 w/crankwalk. pretty sure the problem was taken care of. either way, I pulled my clutch switch to start it w/out depressing the clutch...dsm mindset.

lifter tick is still around for many people. most are from cam installs where the lifters weren't primed correctly. i've got 20k and no tick. there are some higher milage 03's that could chime in on that issue.