Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

This is what screwing around inthe snow gets you.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2008, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont see how? especially when theres noone around, it really cant hurt anyone if you were just playing in the snow.. what was it, a wreckless driving?

btw i was playing around and when i did like a 180, im going as usual and my car jut shuts off like i stalled out? but i soo put the clutch in and dunno how this happened
Old Dec 21, 2008, 09:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Becareful when spinning, be sure to do it with the passenger side rear hanging out, rather than sliding the other way. The oil pickup is on the passenger side of the oil pan and if you slide the other direction you will oil starve the engine.

heads up
Old Dec 21, 2008, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

To answer the questions above...

Yes im serious.. and it was a negligent driving in the 2nd degree.

I am the type of guy that will man up and pay his tickets with out taking it to court if I know what I am doing was wrong and I get caught... But seriously.. what could we a hurt? Ourselves? The cops dont give a shlt if we hurt our selves anyway.... So I will be contacting an attorney and try to get this lowered if not dropped.

Wish me luck
Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by importjake00
To answer the questions above...

Yes im serious.. and it was a negligent driving in the 2nd degree.

I am the type of guy that will man up and pay his tickets with out taking it to court if I know what I am doing was wrong and I get caught... But seriously.. what could we a hurt? Ourselves? The cops dont give a shlt if we hurt our selves anyway.... So I will be contacting an attorney and try to get this lowered if not dropped.

Wish me luck
I'm confused as to why it's alright to discuss spinning your car in a snowy parking lot...but not street racing? It seems odd that you can say you did a 180 in the snow and got a ticket for it, but as soon as you say you were racing in a straight line your post gets deleted...

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of street racing, but sliding on snow just seems a lot more dangerous (and obviously illegal given the ticket you mentioned).
Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rane
I'm confused as to why it's alright to discuss spinning your car in a snowy parking lot...but not street racing? It seems odd that you can say you did a 180 in the snow and got a ticket for it, but as soon as you say you were racing in a straight line your post gets deleted...

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of street racing, but sliding on snow just seems a lot more dangerous (and obviously illegal given the ticket you mentioned).
because when its in an empty lot its much more safe than when people are flying down normal streets at 120+ mph. On the streets snow drifting is dangerous yes, but at least to me its all dependent on location.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blizzackk
because when its in an empty lot its much more safe than when people are flying down normal streets at 120+ mph. On the streets snow drifting is dangerous yes, but at least to me its all dependent on location.
So by that logic, and I realize you're not a mod, a thread about racing in an empty parking lot should be acceptable? For me both are dangerous activities, but I don't mean to play forum police; just seemed like an interesting thought if we're discussing the dangers of sliding around in the snow.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts

Generally speaking, if you mess up while doing donuts in the snow, the most you do is either A. damage your pride or B. damage your car. I've never heard of someone getting hurt while doing donuts, either a bystander or the driver. The speeds are also slower. I can see where you are coming from and there are times when I do feel it crosses the line but it seems to be a line that was drawn in the sand so to speak.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Generally speaking, if you mess up while doing donuts in the snow, the most you do is either A. damage your pride or B. damage your car. I've never heard of someone getting hurt while doing donuts, either a bystander or the driver. The speeds are also slower. I can see where you are coming from and there are times when I do feel it crosses the line but it seems to be a line that was drawn in the sand so to speak.
I can see 20/20 just itching for a new story...

"Every winter, around the country, people are sliding their cars around in public parking lots...and they might be doing it right now in your town."

lol
Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Well there was that now infamous new story where they showed footage of an Evo or STI doing donuts in a Texas parking lot.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Well there was that now infamous new story where they showed footage of an Evo or STI doing donuts in a Texas parking lot.
Hmm, I can see the report now...

Step 1: Get the worst looking bunch of teens you can.
Step 2: Mention they smoke pot or have smoked it in the past.
Step 3: Show them drifting in slow...but in slow motion.
Step 4: Make random statements like "Each year people are put in danger by the actions of these thrill seekers...when they're high..."
Step 5: Find a bored cop that would do anything to get on the TV and have him say how dangerous it is.
Step 6: Profit.

OK, I'm up way too late lol
Old Dec 21, 2008, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

So by that logic, and I realize you're not a mod, a thread about racing in an empty parking lot should be acceptable? For me both are dangerous activities, but I don't mean to play forum police; just seemed like an interesting thought if we're discussing the dangers of sliding around in the snow.
I can see 20/20 just itching for a new story...

"Every winter, around the country, people are sliding their cars around in public parking lots...and they might be doing it right now in your town."

lol
You're claim in very weak.

So your saying, doing donuts on snow/ice in a EMPTY, PRIVATE parking lot is as dangerous as street racing?

Where is the logic in that? That has to be the STUPIDEST thing I have heard someone say in a long time.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

You're claim in very weak.

So your saying, doing donuts on snow/ice in a EMPTY, PRIVATE parking lot is as dangerous as street racing?

Where is the logic in that? That has to be the STUPIDEST thing I have heard someone say in a long time.
I think the irony in my post was lost on you.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

I think the irony in my post was lost on you.
I just think its funny that you would say its dangerous to spin around in a empty parking lot with no curbs, poles, or other cars around. You compare it to racing? Just does not make much sense.

But then again, I am on a lot of pain medication at the moment and could be missing a lot. Let me know
Old Dec 22, 2008, 03:04 AM

You know what I got for screwing around in the snow? In a empty parking lot.. a $550 ticket. Neg 2 FTL
Damn, that sucks. All I got was a "get the **** outta here"....
Old Dec 22, 2008, 03:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i've done crazy stuff in the snow (No cars there) and my car never done anything like that (hopefully never), also bunch me and my friend were having fun in snow, cop showed up just waved at us to leave.

Quick Reply: This is what screwing around inthe snow gets you.