Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Never leave your car at a dealership..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could file a comp claim with your insurance company, if you don't feel like hiring a lawyer.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:09 AM

I will never trust a dealership again either. I've had the same situation with Metro Mitsubishi when I took my GSX in for warranty work because of broken ball joints. I believe it was an inside job, too. I don't really care they broke into my car, but it is upsetting and I feel for you. Best advice would be to get a police report and get the insurance companies involved and have them figure out who's at fault. What was their excuse for having the car outside, anyways?
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

That what happens when you go to a shop called RICE Mitshu!

J/K sorry to hear your problems... it sucks Ive had my car broken into before.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah really sound like an inside job.Oh btw did they even review the security camera tape?Might be possible they got it on tape.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

my coworker is a cop. i asked him about that. he says that cops don't even bother coming out for something like that because it's not worth the time. they will never find who did it unless someone comes forward and says they did it. it's not worth the resources or man power.

as far as the dealership not taking responsibility, i know where you're coming from on that. happened to me too. they told my insurance that they locked it in a fenced in area. I told my insurance that the gate was only there to prevent cars coming in and that I can easily step over the "gate" which was just a bar across the ground. They didn't care. So I dropped the insurance and sued them for all my troubles.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo loco
look like an inside job.
yeah, or eles they wouldnt know what was inside it and how to take all that crap apart
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
a security system might have been useful as a deterrant....

If anything the shock sensor would have cought the window being broken in, or else the movement required for them to enter the vehicle.

A proximity sensor would have worked regardless though...thats why i have one...
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
inside job..

dealership responsibility..

sue them..
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

That sucks, any good shop would have put a car like that inside !
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

what a pain in the a$$. get a lawyer and take them for $5k.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

That's bull crap that the dealership is held responsible. They agreed to keep ur car so they can work on and you gave them the key which leads to them having full resposibility over it. This surely a shaddy dealership, but if you press hard enough I'm sure they will buckle.

Good Luck
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

ouch ...... dealer should be responsible!
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Last time i left my car at the dealer it was stolen by one of their employees.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Does your insurance cover theft? Initially, I would document the scene by taking pictures of the car and any video cameras on the property that might have line of sight to your cars location. Then, I would call the police and give them the street address of the incident. Someone hit my car in a parking lot a few weeks ago and because it was on private property, the police could not fill out an accident report. Either way, the car was taken to a dealership in the area, and while it was there it sat unlocked outside for a week, until I stopped by and tried to open the doors and noticed it was unlocked. I brought it up with the on site estimator and they said " no ones gonna break into your car" I said well I dont want the hassle if it is and if it is will your dealership take responsibility? They said yes. I was not comforted by this, so I locked it myself and told them that it should be locked while it is outside and on thier property. I did remove my faceplate, ipod, radar detector, etc. before dropping it off. Which probably saved me more hassles.

So the dealer should be responsible, it was in thier care.
The property might have cameras, call the owner of the dealership and inform him or her of the situation.
Blacklist the dealership in your area by posting their name in the blacklisted thread.
Thier objective is to tell you NO in the hopes that you will not take action and be intimidated by them. Pursue it until you are satisfied.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:16 AM

call a lawyer man, they are responsible

Quick Reply: Never leave your car at a dealership..